Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: CALZAGHE HOPES FOR WOODS DEFEAT

You Brits can claim Calzaghe is God all ya want and Johnson ain't worthy but IMO Glen Johnson will beat Calzaghe's ass. I would have to bet on it. How's Joe gonna hurt him? Keep him off? He ain't.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hitting him, a lot... you don't need to be god to beat Glen Johnson at this stage in his career... I have a feeling Woods is going to do just that.

Hope this helps.

And no Winky wouldn't beat Calzaghe no matter what, not only do we have weight divisions for a reason but winky's style is actually very good for Calzaghe...

If Winky was a natural 168 pounder I might feel differently, but he is fighting some one that in my opinion is closer to being a natural 200 pounder and he is a natural 154 pounder.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Hitting him, a lot... you don't need to be god to beat Glen Johnson at this stage in his career... I have a feeling Woods is going to do just that.

Hope this helps.

And no Winky wouldn't beat Calzaghe no matter what, not only do we have weight divisions for a reason but winky's style is actually very good for Calzaghe...

If Winky was a natural 168 pounder I might feel differently, but he is fighting some one that in my opinion is closer to being a natural 200 pounder and he is a natural 154 pounder.
    Woods ain't winning sh*t, Johnson's gonna beat him like he did before. Should be 2-0 against Wood's if not for that BS draw!

Calzaghe's style is actually very good for Wright, Winky loves someone who throws alot. Gives him plenty of opportunities to block or parry & counter! Calzaghe should just stick with the Ashira's & Bika's & stay outta the big boys way!!!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry but if your defence is based on blocking then you are not going to get a lot of good counter opportunitys against some one who throws flurries.

ICB Guest

stay out of big boys way ?? i think wright better stay out of calzaghes way otherwise its going be bad beatdown for wright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    stay out of big boys way ?? i think wright better stay out of calzaghes way otherwise its going be bad beatdown for wright

Mate i doubt it would be a beatdown, i have watched alot of Wright fights since i last predicted a Calzaghe win, but i think Winky should be favourite to beat Calzaghe, that jab will have Calzaghe in trouble all night, Calzaghe has fought no one in Winkys class, it will be a close fight.

But what can Calzaghe do to beat Johnson HULK MATE DO YOU NOT THINK THERE IS A PARTICULAR REASON CALZAGHE HAS BEEN CHASING JOHNSON FOR NEARLY THREE YEARS?? HIS COME FORWARD STYLE IS TAYLOR MADE FOR CALZAGHE WHO IS TO QUICK FOR JOHNSON.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983

Mate i doubt it would be a beatdown, i have watched alot of Wright fights since i last predicted a Calzaghe win, but i think Winky should be favourite to beat Calzaghe, that jab will have Calzaghe in trouble all night, Calzaghe has fought no one in Winkys class, it will be a close fight.

But what can Calzaghe do to beat Johnson HULK MATE DO YOU NOT THINK THERE IS A PARTICULAR REASON CALZAGHE HAS BEEN CHASING JOHNSON FOR NEARLY THREE YEARS?? HIS COME FORWARD STYLE IS TAYLOR MADE FOR CALZAGHE WHO IS TO QUICK FOR JOHNSON.

Unless he hurts his hand again :P
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe looks good against limited opposition, Wright would school him good!!! I think he'd have his hands full with Johnson let alone a great boxer like Wright!

ICB Guest

umm winky wouldnt school calzaghe and thats not because i like calzaghe either ive seen both of them and i pick calzaghe to outwork him wright has never been in there with someone who averages 50 to 60 punches a round i think calzaghe is the better fighter but thats my opinion if u think wright would beat calzaghe thats ur opinion aswell mate and ur entitled to it.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Winky and Johnson could take Calzaghe.

Don't get me wrong, I think that they would both be brilliant fights.

Winky isn't just defense you have to take into consideration his jab
    which in my opinion would keep Joe away all night long.

Johnson, (who is naturally bigger) would keep Joe off-balance and unable
    to get anything off, because if it's one thing Glen can do, it's hit from any angle.

And to counter the argument Calzaghe has never beat anyone with Winky's defense.

Either fight the result is the same Calzaghe loses by 1-2 rounds on all judges scorecards.

Just my opinion.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Winky and Johnson could take Calzaghe.

Don't get me wrong, I think that they would both be brilliant fights.

Winky isn't just defense you have to take into consideration his jab
    which in my opinion would keep Joe away all night long.

Johnson, (who is naturally bigger) would keep Joe off-balance and unable
    to get anything off, because if it's one thing Glen can do, it's hit from any angle.

And to counter the argument Calzaghe has never beat anyone with Winky's defense.

Either fight the result is the same Calzaghe loses by 1-2 rounds on all judges scorecards.

Just my opinion.
    I agree with you Killer, Calzaghe's never fought no one like Wright. Sure Joe throws a lot of punchers but with Wright jab will nutralize Calzaghe & frustrating him. Then theres also Wrights defense. IMO Wright wins by decision.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983

Calzaghe has cancelled the Jonson fight TWICE now, so I don't think he's chasing Johnson too hard. Hopefully the fight will come off soon though.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information