Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Difference between a knowledgeable fan and a "hater."

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Excellent post Titofan,you should be here more often brother,CC. I am often labelled a hater but how can I be if I like the fighter but I am critical of him & use facts to back it up.
    The word hater is used far far too much in my opinion and your example of what is and is not hating illustrates the point very well bro.
    shiiiiiiiiit u want to talk about hater? i get sad clicked cuz i got FREE RINGSIDE seats and i offer to buy anyone on this Fin site free wings and beer if they come down for GRAND FINALE now thats HATIN!!!!!!!!!
    we gonna offset that S*** right now with a dose of Cool Clicks ! fuk them haters !
    COOL CLICK back LORDS GYM but id rather treat u to them wings and beer and have ya clock all the fine pinays from all over the world me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Excellent post Titofan,you should be here more often brother,CC. I am often labelled a hater but how can I be if I like the fighter but I am critical of him & use facts to back it up.
    The word hater is used far far too much in my opinion and your example of what is and is not hating illustrates the point very well bro.
    shiiiiiiiiit u want to talk about hater? i get sad clicked cuz i got FREE RINGSIDE seats and i offer to buy anyone on this Fin site free wings and beer if they come down for GRAND FINALE now thats HATIN!!!!!!!!!
    we gonna offset that S*** right now with a dose of Cool Clicks ! fuk them haters !
    COOL CLICK back LORDS GYM but id rather treat u to them wings and beer and have ya clock all the fine pinays from all over the world me
    right on ! cheers brother !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    This is funny because every time Tito spoke, it was with respect. I know how you feel and I also hate posters who spread hatefull lies.
    I am Mexican so it was hard to appreciate Tito. You know Mexicans and Puerto Ricans always fueding. That aint my style.
    My favorite fighter today is some young man named Miguel Angel Cotto. Not sure if you have heard of him or not? ~

I am with you and I loved your point. Manscaredo fans are the same way.

You are not alone and your frustration is felt, I can relate.

Paz. I would CC you but I dont have the power. hehehhee

Paz X 2
    well LET me help, have a CC my latino bro

I came to think that is not just hate some are just a bunch of ignorance you know when you type in any forum you think before you type right? So if the think when they type imagine how the would speak( a bunch of moronic stuff)
    Que Viva Puerto Rico
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I#m feeling the love here brothers and P4Pbro,that is hating of the highest order!!! CC's on me!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    This is funny because every time Tito spoke, it was with respect. I know how you feel and I also hate posters who spread hatefull lies.
    I am Mexican so it was hard to appreciate Tito. You know Mexicans and Puerto Ricans always fueding. That aint my style.
    My favorite fighter today is some young man named Miguel Angel Cotto. Not sure if you have heard of him or not? ~

I am with you and I loved your point. Manscaredo fans are the same way.

You are not alone and your frustration is felt, I can relate.

Paz. I would CC you but I dont have the power. hehehhee

Paz X 2
    A heartfelt round of Cool Clicks to all who've posted on this thread. I can't help noticing how only FANS have posted, whereas our resident HATERS have conveniently stayed away. (Must be saying to themselves: "No... uh-uh... that's not me, man.").

As for Danny G, lots of respect bro. I'm Puerto Rican and I'm fully aware of the rivalry between our countries. Been lots of great champions on BOTH sides. And it takes a level-headed fan to recognize good qualities in fighters from rival countries. So when you say: "... every time Tito spoke, it was with respect.", not only are you correct, but I admire how candid you are about it. And how interesting how your favorite fighter of today is Miguel Cotto. I myself have a list of what I consider to be my favorite Mexican fighters. And that list includes two boxers I've always respected, not only for their abilities, but for their class: Ricardo "Finito" Lopez, and Marco Antonio Barrera.

At the same time, I AM a fan... so there's some Mexican fighters I've rooted heavily against at one time or another, such as Fernando Vargas (especially when he fought Tito) and in earlier times: Julio Cesar Chavez (I was devastated when he beat Edwin "Chapo" Rosario).

So a bit of national pride and rivalry is not bad... as long as it doesn't go to extremes or affect the objectiveness with which one should judge fighters.

I tend to reserve my biggest dislike for those fighters that are disrespectful or just plain jerks. Nowadays, Zab Judah and James Toney are just a couple that come to mind.

But anyway, enough blabbering. Have a CC on me.

SigmaMu Guest

Gracias TitoFan.

I am speechless

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whatsup Titofan,

As a Mexican American fightfan I gotta say that the only reason these two countries feud it out in the ring is because outside of the US (which they contribute to) they have the proudest pugilistic traditions in the world.

I agree with two of your points that A) Trinidad was an exciting fighter and that B) Oscar had no business going to 160.

But speaking of gift decisions......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by a harmful of swallows

outside of the US (which they contribute to) they have the proudest pugilistic traditions in the world.

The UK has by far the proudest tradition in the sport, we did after all invent all four major forms of it!

(Fig(g)'s, Broughton's, London Prize and Queensberry Rules)

We have a near 300 year pedigree in the modern sport.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True, the Brits did invent the sport, but I agree that the Mexicans probably have the proudest modern tradition (in the pros anyway, because I think the Cubans have by far the proudest 'amateur' traditions)
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X
    True, the Brits did invent the sport, but I agree that the Mexicans probably have the proudest modern tradition (in the pros anyway, because I think the Cubans have by far the proudest 'amateur' traditions)
    That's an interesting thought about the cubans and it had never crossed my mind. They would probably produce plenty of good if not great fighters for our enjoyment if not for the political status of their country. I think though that if they allowed to travel freely for sporting reasons, they would have an adjustment period because so many of them are suited for the amateur style and are used to just trying to rack up points.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

MAAAN! Imagine if you would've offered to buy everyone a ringside seat, you wouldve been banned off the internet and the authorities would've took your computer. lol. But man, the hate is out of control.

I think a true fan would call boxing down the middle. One of my closest friends hates Ali with a passion, never EVER liked him, but will always say he was one of the greatest. A true fan would be a fan of the sport before the fan of a fighter, i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan
    I think I did a thread like this once before, but here goes again:

I'm a boxing fan. I'm an unabashed Tito fan and damn proud of it. He brought glory to a little island that already has had more than its share of champions over the years. Yes, little Puerto Rico is a boxing power to be reckoned with. And IMHO, Tito always conducted himself with class, which is more than I can say for some of the punks that some people in here idolize. And I'll defend Tito's record to the end. And like it or not, Tito was fun to watch. Boxing misses him.

Now to my point... I'm man enough to admit that Tito would've had trouble with a number of fighters. There's a thread about Tito and Taylor. Hey, I'm not blind. Tito's not a true middleweight. Yes, he DID beat a very good middleweight in Joppy (by KO, I might add, not a gift decision over some German dude). So yeah, I feel Tito would probably lose to Taylor. Taylor's extremely fast, and packs power in both hands. His losses to Hopkins were an indication that he has a lot to learn, but he'll get there.

By contrast, we have our "knowledgeable" posters (you know who you are). Their analysis goes something like this: "Tito sucks... I hate Tito.... I'm glad he lost to Hopkins and Taylor.... he's arrogant (this one makes me laugh... you guys know Spanish, do you?). You have no real facts, just hate talk. It makes you look foolish, not to mention probably some snot-nosed teenagers who don't know sh*t about boxing or its history. Yeah, you... the guys that think boxing didn't exist before Tyson.

But all is not bleak. These ignoramuses are in the minority. I've seen the majority of you are pretty evenhanded, even when critizicing a fighter and even when you don't like him.

Any way, I got THAT off my chest. Now carry on, people.

My only beef about Trinidad is ( I have said it before and will always say it ) he retired after each of his losses...Though he showed a lot of heart while in the ring and never quit or took the easy way out like many fighters he did call it quits...Why I don't know? He is healthy and able to fight...I said this in another thread...Tito's actions by retireing after his losses remind me of a kid who takes his toy's home because the game isn't going his way....As far as in the ring he was a great champion who always entertained...
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think my favorite Hater post of all time was an arguement I had with a guy on another forum over Zab Judah....It was about his actions in the ring after the Tszyu fight he tried to tell me Nady deserved what he got for stopping the fight to soon...When I asked him how in the world could you think Judah was OK and able to fight on after falling down twice and doing a dance..His reply was simply...YO He was from Brooklyn and you can't stop fighters from brooklyn
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

good post TitoFan i am a trinidad faN to the death too

he has had some great fights and had some crushing defeatas
    but he was a class act. maby a little too rough at the touch gloves at the start of fight but he was
    the best at handing people their asses on a silver plate.

god bless tito and hope he does well

he is one of a kind
    Hidden Content
    Ani hu sheshokhen betokh Cain
    Ego sum quis habitavit in Nerone
    Mia fora katoikese mesa se Ioudas
    Ich war mit Legion
    Ana Belial
    And I am Lucifer, The devil in the flesh

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

My only beef about Trinidad is ( I have said it before and will always say it ) he retired after each of his losses...Though he showed a lot of heart while in the ring and never quit or took the easy way out like many fighters he did call it quits...Why I don't know? He is healthy and able to fight...I said this in another thread...Tito's actions by retireing after his losses remind me of a kid who takes his toy's home because the game isn't going his way....As far as in the ring he was a great champion who always entertained...
    And I can respect an opinion voiced like that. For the record, Tito's retirements after his losses bothered me too. It was frustrating as hell, especially when I knew that physically, Tito still had a lot left. But that's where I emphasize the importance of "state of mind." Particularly with the Winky fight, it was clear to see that Tito's mind wasn't into it anymore. If that happens, for ANY reason, you're better off retired.

Thread Information