0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hatton gives up WBA Belt

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    Quote Originally Posted by aangel
    Hatton will challange Juan Urango for his IBF belt.

http://www.fightnews.com/fightnews_2...pnmABnwYC.html
    I thought Ricky came to America for big fights, what is this? At this point Ricky needs
    to have a great showing against a highly respected fighter. Juan Urango has a title, but
    has really not proven anything. Honestly at this point I would like him to see just a big name
    fight: Malignaggi or Vivian Harris or Junior Witter or or Demetrius Hopkins or JLC (once his suspension is over) versus Hatton would draw in more fans for him than this I would say Cotto, but I'm pretty sure he'll be at 147 soon....................Just my opinion.
    Well he met Collazo and then decided maybe he shouldn't try to take over the "world' yet
    Absolutely, but he is already fairly established at 140 at least enough internationally to fight those guys on my list.
    All the Collazo fight proved was that 147 will be too much for Ricky, sure he could stay in the top 10, but there are some
    folks in that division that would just be too much for him.
    true ...but if you can't hang with the top 4 or so you gotta get out.....or get killed...which is exactly what Hatton did....
    It feels good to be back home.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigragu

I thought Ricky came to America for big fights, what is this? At this point Ricky needs
    to have a great showing against a highly respected fighter. Juan Urango has a title, but
    has really not proven anything. Honestly at this point I would like him to see just a big name
    fight: Malignaggi or Vivian Harris or Junior Witter or or Demetrius Hopkins or JLC (once his suspension is over) versus Hatton would draw in more fans for him than this I would say Cotto, but I'm pretty sure he'll be at 147 soon....................Just my opinion.
    Well he met Collazo and then decided maybe he shouldn't try to take over the "world' yet
    Absolutely, but he is already fairly established at 140 at least enough internationally to fight those guys on my list.
    All the Collazo fight proved was that 147 will be too much for Ricky, sure he could stay in the top 10, but there are some
    true ...but if you can't hang with the top 4 or so you gotta get out.....or get killed...which is exactly what Hatton did....
    exactly
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

exactly
    Yeah but is he going to go his whole career as "the guy that beat Kostya Tszyu but never established a legacy afterwards"
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

exactly
    Yeah but is he going to go his whole career as "the guy that beat Kostya Tszyu but never established a legacy afterwards"
    Hey, if he steam rolls the 140 again and beats strong international competition. I'd say he established a legacy. If he goes up to 147 he won't establish a legacy at all. Honestly though I think Hatton's number will be up soon.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm betting you guys haven't seen more than about 2 Hatton fights between you

I won't defend Urango but I would say that you guys aren't giving any credence to the agendas of other fighters.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Steelie
    I'm betting you guys haven't seen more than about 2 Hatton fights between you

I won't defend Urango but I would say that you guys aren't giving any credence to the agendas of other fighters.

I've seen plenty of Hatton fights I'm not saying that he is a bad boxer, I respect his undefeated record, but every fight I've seen he moves forward holds the opponents head and hits them. That doesn't fly in America. And there are some guys that IMO would school him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ricky Hatton has only 14/15 months ago beaten the brilliant Kostya Tszyu, since which he has kept his '0'.

Out of all his contenders to his 140lb World Championship, not one has met and beaten someone the quality of Tszyu. Fights like that (Hatton/Tszyu) sometimes never come round for fighters, and rarely more than once, but Hatton is that good, that as well as fighting Tszyu he will probably meet a Castillo sometime soon; an impressive victory there, will have him up there with MAB, Winky and Mayweather, for a claim as the finest fighter in the world.

Hatton is a truly, truly exceptional talent; it took the Tszyu fight to prove it to me, but from now on, I will appreciate him while he is still in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by petem
    Calm down guys, the CASTILLO fight will me made in april, that will be a gr8 fight then hopefully WITTER at Man Citys ground next summer ??
    Won't Castillo still be under suspension?
    Nope I believe he is suspended for the remainder of 2006 only

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by global
    Quote Originally Posted by petem
    Calm down guys, the CASTILLO fight will me made in april, that will be a gr8 fight then hopefully WITTER at Man Citys ground next summer ??
    Won't Castillo still be under suspension?
    I believe so..unless they started from the Corrales debacle...and IMO Castillo would destroy Hatton....
    I thought the suspension was for the remainder of the year, but I could be mistaken.
    Yeah, but it's only in Vegas. They could fight at MSG or in Boston again or something. As to Witter, that would be entirely unexciting for everyone in the U.S. Witter is definitely not a name here, and that would be a huge step back from Castillo. But if Castillo beats him, as I expect he will, I guess Witter would be the most fitting fight--fighting a lesser Brit in a total acknowledgment of his failed "takeover" of America.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hatton's still got lot of opportunity to prove himself. Sort out this Urango thing 1st. Take on Castillo next, as Castillo can re-apply for his license in January I think. From there a fight with Witter would be decent or get Floyd to come in at 140 for a double championship fight. I think Hatton can still do well at welter, he has now tested the waters there & knows what to expect. I can see him moving back up in the future as that is where the big fights are. Mayweather, & Cotto.
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good Move ! Hatton's best fight weight is 140, that’s where he should stay , anyone wants a piece of him let them come down in weight, 140 is a competitive weight class . IMO

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Good Move ! Hatton's best fight weight is 140, that’s where he should stay , anyone wants a piece of him let them come down in weight, 140 is a competitive weight class . IMO
    I agree with you to a point. The Castillo fight will be huge. But I feel Hatton will need to move back up to get big fights. I feel he can still be competitive at 147.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your right I think he could beat some guys at Welterweight , but that’s where match making would be crucial, for Hatton’s style to be effective he needs to be on par physically , its hard to bum rush fighters if they are actually the bigger strong fighter. He needs someone his own size. know what I mean ? with fighters like Paul Williams and Margarito at Welterweight Ricky should say at 140, Williams and Antonio , have the frame for 160 -168 easy . And they fight well on the inside and outside . I think Hatton would be reduced to lunging forward all night long and either get knocked out or lose a decision , IMO Hatton can give good performances at Jr. Welterweight, there will plenty of interest at that weight. Kostya Tszyu stayed at that weight and did very well .

with a guy like Hatton on the card the people will come, He is a thrill ride ! and comes to fight

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Your right I think he could beat some guys at Welterweight , but that’s where match making would be crucial, for Hatton’s style to be effective he needs to be on par physically , its hard to bum rush fighters if they are actually the bigger strong fighter. He needs someone his own size. know what I mean ? with fighters like Paul Williams and Margarito at Welterweight Ricky should say at 140, Williams and Antonio , have the frame for 160 -168 easy . And they fight well on the inside and outside . I think Hatton would be reduced to lunging forward all night long and either get knocked out or lose a decision , IMO Hatton can give good performances at Jr. Welterweight, there will plenty of interest at that weight. Kostya Tszyu stayed at that weight and did very well .

I know what your saying & agree he'd be in tough with someone like Margarito. I think he'd win against Williams right now, & I'd give him even money with Margarito. I feel he has more trouble with guys like Mayweather, Collazo, Quintana. But if guys like Corrales move to 140, & with the likes of Castillo, Witter & Demetrius Hopkins around Hatton can cleanout & dominate a solid division!

with a guy like Hatton on the card the people will come, He is a thrill ride ! and comes to fight

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I think Ricky has had a disasterous year in 2006.

It's not just that he was outboxed and outclassed by little known Louis Collazo, the fact that he decided to move back down to 140 lb with his tail between his legs speaks volumes about his own belief in his ability.

After the Tyszu fight he became this almost super human figure at 140 and people were spouting off way to much about how he was going to beat Maweather etc and conquer America.

The reality is rather less of a success story for Hatton. He stopped an old Tyzsu, in front of his home fans in a fight in which Kosta quit, and in which he was allowed to fight his 'wrestling match'. In America he won't find the judges as accomodating, and as he found in Collazo, these young champions don't quit like Kosta did.

I'm not dissing on Kosta or Ricky but the fact remains that Ricky hasn't looked impressive since winning Tyszu's belt. He struggled against that weirdo Moussa who has just lost to a nobody, he was almost on his feet against Collazo, who, lets be honest, most of us had only heard of coming into the build up for his fight with Ricky.

Hopefully Ricky will look good against Urango and then a mega fight with Castillo can take place. After that, well I personally reckon he will coming back home.

Thread Information