Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: After seeing Marquez last fight i feel Scott Harrison will be schooled!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default After seeing Marquez last fight i feel Scott Harrison will be schooled!!

What do you guys think for this fight?? Which way you see it going, i see Marquez countering Scott all night, i think we know why Frank Warren paid $700,000 for this fight, maybe the homestown judges will be his only chance.

JMM UD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: After seeing Marquez last fight i feel Scott Harrison will be schooled!!

Harrison honestly has skills, he just doesn't use them. He has some nice counter skills, which we've seen flashes of here and there (especially in early career), but he always reverts back to just marauding forward and giving it rough and tumble (square-on and with no lateral movement) and the reason is probably because he he simply couldn't be bothered to box.. or because his head was so screwed up that he couldn't be bothered to think.

He's a natural street brawler, Scott, but he does have pedigree - he did win the junior European featherweight final in '95 and get to the senior European featherweight semi's in '96. I would love him to leave the marauding stuff behind and just concentrate on his boxing, because he genuinely has some nice counter skills in there.

Scott is good, remember he went to MSG at 22 years old and beat the far more experienced Tracy Patterson. Against Thornhill, Scott threw a perfect body shot to finish the job - he looked like the business!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: After seeing Marquez last fight i feel Scott Harrison will be schooled!!

I bet you people didn't know that Harrison was part of Eubank's entourage for the Tony Thornton fight, did you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez jabs and boxes more when he's defending titles. But he's the challenger here, he knows he has to take the title away from Harrison.. and so his style in this fight may be just loading up the big punches like it used to be. Marquez has big hands and is a hurtful puncher, but maybe what he doesn't know is that Scott Harrison walks around at light-heavyweight! Yes, Marquez has knocked over a lot of blown-up super-bantumweights in the past, but Scott Harrison walks around at light-heavyweight! Marquez's shots will bounce off him, and then Marquez may switch to pure boxing which will allow Harrison to out-work him.

But who knows? I'm looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by WWatt
    Marquez jabs and boxes more when he's defending titles. But he's the challenger here, he knows he has to take the title away from Harrison.. and so his style in this fight may be just loading up the big punches like it used to be. Marquez has big hands and is a hurtful puncher, but maybe what he doesn't know is that Scott Harrison walks around at light-heavyweight! Yes, Marquez has knocked over a lot of blown-up super-bantumweights in the past, but Scott Harrison walks around at light-heavyweight! Marquez's shots will bounce off him, and then Marquez may switch to pure boxing which will allow Harrison to out-work him.

But who knows? I'm looking forward to it.
    I agree with alot of what u say mate cc.

I use to watch Scott in 2001/2002 and think this guy is going places he looked awesome and i was impressed, but i feel like you say his willingness to fight to much could be his downfall against Marquez, but your right he is physically a huge man at the weight and it would be hard to have your own way agaisnt him, but i feel with his problems out of the ring and his recent showings i fancy Marquez.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Marquez wins a lopsided decsion. Harrison is severly overrated. His best wins were over shot fighters Tracy Patterson and Tom Johnson. And against the way smaller Wayne McCullough. He lost against the ancient Manuel Medina. And I had him losing against Victor Polo. His recent problems only make things worse for him.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Harrison will be lucky if he ever gets into a ring again. His lifestyle will age his body and he is skirting a prison sentence at the moment.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From the fights I've seen of him I don't see any reason to think Harrison's chinny but I think there will be so many openings for JMM to counter that he could possibly get a late TKO on accumulation of punches or maybe cuts.

Seems like a bad matchup for Harrison, he's a huge guy at the weight, but that's not enough to beat a guy with the technical skills of Marquez.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    I think Marquez wins a lopsided decsion. Harrison is severly overrated. His best wins were over shot fighters Tracy Patterson and Tom Johnson. And against the way smaller Wayne McCullough. He lost against the ancient Manuel Medina. And I had him losing against Victor Polo. His recent problems only make things worse for him.
    That just about sums it up m8 . if walter estrada can own scot until he gets tired then Jmm can do far more

The only concern is it is likely to go 12 so will we hear a dodgy decision . it will have to be a shut out and i think it will be

Thread Information