Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: YEAH!!! I'm coming!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yazuraki
    You don't need ameture bouts before you go pro, my uncle didn't and he won the Japanese
    junior lightweight belt. you guys say i need it, but my uncle says different. I a natural just
    like him.
    How do you know that if you haven't even sparred?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure I can give you his name, it's Yasutsune Uehara. He's in his late 50s.
    He's been teaching me for a while now. Not just a month, but for about a year
    of running and punching the heavy bag. I got tired of waiting to spar so I went
    to kickboxing. Now I'm back and training under him once again. It's not like I
    haven't ever trained as a boxer, but it has been a while since then. I was about
    13 back then. He didn't care how old I was. He said back in his days he saw a
    few kid about 10 training. He said that if they could do it so can I. The only reason
    I didn't spar in boxing is because mostly all the boxers in the are in their 20s and I had to
    wait until I turn 16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Yazuraki
    Sure I can give you his name, it's Yasutsune Uehara. He's in his late 50s.
    He's been teaching me for a while now. Not just a month, but for about a year
    of running and punching the heavy bag. I got tired of waiting to spar so I went
    to kickboxing. Now I'm back and training under him once again. It's not like I
    haven't ever trained as a boxer, but it has been a while since then. I was about
    13 back then. He didn't care how old I was. He said back in his days he saw a
    few kid about 10 training. He said that if they could do it so can I. The only reason
    I didn't spar in boxing is because mostly all the boxers in the are in their 20s and I had to
    wait until I turn 16.
    the guy you mentioned won the wba world super featherwieght title at least a couple of times... so why would you only mention that he won a japanese title (which this guy also did!)
    whilst also once won the ring magazine upset of the year award!!
    ..... i have my doubts!!
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

" The only reason
    wait until I turn 16."

So there are no other boxers for you to spar against? Don't know what it's like where you live but if there are 20 year old boxers... there should be 16 year old fighters... it's not a rule to start at 20... there should be loads of 16 year old boxers to spar... common age to start.

Why can't you spar with the 20 year olds? SPAR they're not there to kick to your arse... they are there to help you learn, and maybe learn a thing or two them selves... I spar loads of younger/lighter/less experienced people... what would I learn using them as a punch bag?

There must be some 20 year olds who would give you a little run around the ring surely?

I started at 16/17 and was sparring people in their mid twentys because I was too big for a lot of the juniors. Like I said they all competed and had much more experience than me, but the only boxed a level above me, so as I improved they sparred harder with me... why can't one of these 20 year olds do that with you?

I sparr new kids and only throw a few jabs out... just keep them moving, make them aware when they are open and out of range etc... I don't have to blast them out the ring.

What are you going to learn by boxing other 16 years olds who are as good as or worse than you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    " The only reason
    wait until I turn 16."

So there are no other boxers for you to spar against? Don't know what it's like where you live but if there are 20 year old boxers... there should be 16 year old fighters... it's not a rule to start at 20... there should be loads of 16 year old boxers to spar... common age to start.

Why can't you spar with the 20 year olds? SPAR they're not there to kick to your a***... they are there to help you learn, and maybe learn a thing or two them selves... I spar loads of younger/lighter/less experienced people... what would I learn using them as a punch bag?

There must be some 20 year olds who would give you a little run around the ring surely?

I started at 16/17 and was sparring people in their mid twentys because I was too big for a lot of the juniors. Like I said they all competed and had much more experience than me, but the only boxed a level above me, so as I improved they sparred harder with me... why can't one of these 20 year olds do that with you?

I sparr new kids and only throw a few jabs out... just keep them moving, make them aware when they are open and out of range etc... I don't have to blast them out the ring.

What are you going to learn by boxing other 16 years olds who are as good as or worse than you?
    im bigger then most of the 25 year olds at my gyms....
    the bigger they are the harder you have to work.. thats all...and the more careful you are.
    at my one of my gyms its ran by a bloke called kelly oliver former wbo intercontinental champ.
    and they throw the young lads in with him all the time... hes probably one of the safest blokes to sparr wit cos he knows what hes doing... he's experianced enough to make you work and not knock you out..
    your age is no excuse.. and if what you say is true then you just dont want to box all that much imo
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know that, but i have to listen to him. he's my trainer, no matte how much i
    complain he make me do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I pity you. I really do. And if your blood-own relative is making you do this... he should be admitted into a local mental hospital.

I'm really sorry, but this is not healthy. And as the blocks before me say, the best way to learn sparring, is to start with a way more experienced fighter. regardless of age.

Again, i really pity you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I Agree With all Of You

But I Really Want To Spar With Better People Becuz that Will help me To Become A Better Boxer
    But i cant even Spar
    If i Could I Would Be Sparring Around with Whoever I Could Cuz I Know Sparring Is Just training And Not Many People Get hurt unless its A Grudge Match

Hmm thats Weird that He Was Training You For Boxing But WOuldnt even Put You In The Ring to Teach You

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some one thinks that we are stupid...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol....

I Wont Be taken For A Fool

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll just give him what he wants:

Wow really Yaz? YOu're gonna go pro, your Uncle says you are a natural? You're good enough to go pro but you haven't sparred? wow!

mark my words you will be champ some day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your Pretty Funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hey Yazuraki Make Sure To Hook us Up With Some Videos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I told my uncle what you guys said and he said he would
    allow ONE sparring match, and it would be against another kid my age.
    I won beacuse he just found some punk wanting to fight so I don't think I got anything from that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You don't win sparring...

Where did he find this 'punk' who wanted a fight it would have been much safer putting you in with an experienced boxer who knew that he was just there to SPAR with an inexperienced junior.

Seriously, how long are you going to keep this going for? :P

Thread Information