Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I had my first fight last Saturday!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I had my first fight last Saturday!

And lost!!!!

But it was great. We had our first international boxing Ladies Night here in the Netherlands. Of the 14 fights, there were 7 against Tsjech opponents. I went up against a Dutch person offcourse, it was both hers as mine first fight

To cut a long story short: I came into the ring, and as my trainer said to me afterwards, was allready empty. Was it nervs? No. That was the main problem i guess. I wasn't nervous at all. I went in the ring like, "Hey, this is fun, let's just have a fight!" and was totally relaxed. So i wasn't as sharpe as i normally am, and like i said, somehow totally empty and powerless halfway the first round. Which is really odd, cause i am in real good condition.

The fight itself was great. It was the fight of the evening. We were going at each other without a second of rest. Beng! Beng! Beng! on and on. The crowd really went nuts! It was so full of everything, that it even made the national paper! And with a great compliment for both me and my opponent. The paper said: "Both ladies showed that they have a real boxingheart. It was the Highlight of the evening!"
    And that for two chicks who never fought a real fight before! So i'm kinda (lots) proud of that.

I'm not proud of the fact that i lost. I hate it. Let it be clear, my opponent won, and rightfully so. She did have her head together and was focused, as i was not enough. And to be really honest, she was the more complete boxer. If i had been focused, and had kept my strenght, things might have turned out differently, also because she had a few small warnings from the ref (not an official one). But hey, an 'if' is too late, and i just didn't have my stuff together, so there it is.

So what's next? the fourth of november is next! Then i have another fight coming up. I learned a lot from this fight, both about mental things as about boxing things. It was a great learning experience. And my trainer was really proud of me, to be able to hang in for two more rounds, and fight technically really well. He said: Maybe you lost on points, but on character you absolutely won! Although you were totally empty, had no power left after the first round, you didn't give up, you kept your head together and kept fighting. I'm really proud of you!" When he said it, i was like, yeah, right, sure, but i'm pissed. But looking at the video, i know he's right. I saw people give up in way easier and simpler fights. So ok, i accept the compliments

The fight made real clear where my flaws are, so we know what to train and focus on the upcoming time. I'm gonna work my a** off, to be ready!
    In other words: in seven weeks time, i'm going back in to the ring, and kick a**!!!  Game on!

Here is the picture from the newspaper (i'm the one getting the blow  ):

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I had my first fight last Saturday!

nice Killerqueen keep up the good work .Were all proud of you on the forums . i hope you get a rematch with that girl again .that would kick ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc Awesome. Passing the test of a fighter's heart is the greatest feeling.
    Looks like you got a great trainer and know what to focus on next.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done and congratulations.

It takes just as much training and guts to get into the ring and lose, it it does to win sometimes.

CC
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well done cc. You've got the right attitude putting it down as a learning experience. I hope you stay better focussed next time.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC KQ - well done - sure you will bounce back
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

yea well done girl keep it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks all!

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GO KQ . Enjoyment is the main thing which bring relaxation and smooth operation.

So ,did you forget to breathe?
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Or maybe warm up?

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know really. It's like Martin (my trainer) said, i was already empty as soon as I stepped into the ring. I did't warm up to much, if that's your worry. Reinier and Martin have prepared so many boxers and fought so much themselves, they know exactly how far to go and even better, where to stop.
    Somehow all the strength and power was just gone. I didn't really loose my breath or anything, not more than usual. Just more sort of a black out of my muscles, i don't know. The only thing that kept me going, and that's no joke, was instinct. Every punch i did give came without my knowledge, everything i wanted to do conciously my body went like: oh well, maybe tomorrow, but not now.

I can't really explain what happend, only that it did. I was overrun by the whole thing I guess. Got cought in the act. Not nerveus (didn't get scared either, thankfully, although i did get quite a beating) it just happend.

I will try to analyse it better in due time, it has been to short ago now. I'm still to much with my emotions with the fight so looking at it from a distance is difficult. But i trust my trainers, they are honest and straight in their critics, as they are uplifting and put real energy and effort in my boxing. In a while we will look at the video again to analyse it together and learn.

One 'bad' point out of all this is... now i'm really addicted to the game *LOL*

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you go in hot and sweaty or cold?
    MAybe dehydrated a touch?
    I'd love to know what happened that blocked your energy like that if you ever find the short answer.

I can explain it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You where just there to get in teh ring for the first time, winning would of been a bonus...

I lost my first, Close fight, the lad had had 5 bouts and I had had none... didn't matter... because all I really needed was a game plan and to sit back and watch what was going on instead of just plodding forwards and getting countered... :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc KQ,maybe I'll come to one of your fights(I'm from Belgium)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im proud of you Killerqueen....and so are all the forum
    You're awesome, CC

Thread Information