Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: GOD DAMNIT, this damn Contender!!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default GOD DAMNIT, this damn Contender!!!

This is the most emotional show I've watched in a while. I'm not gonna lie, I got choked up when Bravo was talking about his dad. Honestly, this show deserves to be on national broadcast TV. It might not showcase the best fighters, but this show should be given credit for what it is. It's giving fighters who feel like they don't have any shot, one more bullet. Man, what a show. BTW, damn Steve Forbes chick is kinda hot. I think Steve Forbes is gonna pull this win out, but both guys are true sportsmen and deserve to win. Forbes vs Corrales @ 135 or 140 anyone?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GOD DAMNIT, this damn Contender!!!

Corrales would win like he did against Smoke.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Forbes will win the Contender championship fight against Brewer. Then maybe he could fight: Joan Guzman, Julio Diaz, Sharmba Mitchell, or the Corrales Casamayor winner. All are winnable fights, with Guzman and the Corrales vs Casamayor winner being the tuffest fights for him.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    I think Forbes will win the Contender championship fight against Brewer. Then maybe he could fight: Joan Guzman, Julio Diaz, Sharmba Mitchell, or the Corrales Casamayor winner. All are winnable fights, with Guzman and the Corrales vs Casamayor winner being the tuffest fights for him.
    I like Forbes. But beating these contender fighters dosn't mean much to me. Not only that, I think the much bigger Grady Brewer is going to beat him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

the contender is the biggest load of cheasy, over the top shit i've seen in a while. and plus unless you have seen these guys fight before you cant really judge anything from the show because of the way its edited. they must show ya about 30 seconds of each reound in total, and they show the same shot a few times from different camera angles . nice sound affects added as well, the only thing that woulkd make it better would be some batman style 'WHACK' 'POW' ' DOOF' words coming up with every punch. bollocks!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    the contender is the biggest load of cheasy, over the top shit i've seen in a while. and plus unless you have seen these guys fight before you cant really judge anything from the show because of the way its edited. they must show ya about 30 seconds of each reound in total, and they show the same shot a few times from different camera angles . nice sound affects added as well, the only thing that woulkd make it better would be some batman style 'WHACK' 'POW' ' DOOF' words coming up with every punch. bollocks!
    Eh..the first Contender was just like what you desribed but the second season, was better IMO. They showed least 1 min of every round, sometimes 2 mins, still not near as good as just showin the whole damn fight like they should, but much better than the first season. Plus there were better fighters this season. Now as far as Brewer beatin Forbes, maybe, but only by KO, he ain't gonna outbox Forbes. Brewer's biggest career win was a loss to a young Schew Powell, in a fight where he dropped Powell and definatly got robbed of the decision.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information