Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Rate me please.

Time lifting: 3 months. 5 sets of each lift. 1 day upper body/back. 1 day lower body. 1 day swimming/running/stretching.
    I take no supplements. I am on a 4000 calorie a day diet. I take normal vitamins. Centrum 1 A day.
    Height: 180 cm
    Weight: 94.487 kg.

Bench Press: 112kg
    Squat: 221kg
    Curl (8 times):50.223kg
    Calf Raise (20 Reps): 625kg
    Lat Pulldown: 107kg

Alright then.... I've always been big. Hen I first started I did about 3/4th of that. On squat i did about the same amount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Rate me please.

isn't 4000 cal a bit much?  If that's your diet, how much cal did you eat before?
    around 2700 - 3200 is more then enough for a male, and even then i'm on the high site if you wanna diet. 2400-2700cal is sufficiant, if your on the right weight, around 2800 is good. (female about 2100-2500, with dieting 1800-2100cal), otherwise you grow more fat then grow muscle....

You're putting a good effort down with taking exersising this serious. Always a good thing! But i'll advise you to do more swimming and running and a little less weights. You are pretty young, it better to get more stamina and a better BMI,  and use the weighttraining just for support. You'll feel much better!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

a diet doesnt always mean his trying to lose weight the term diet just means what u normally eat and more than likley im guessing his doing it to gain weight rather than lose it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sullanciri
    Time lifting: 3 months. 5 sets of each lift. 1 day upper body/back. 1 day lower body. 1 day swimming/running/stretching.
    I take no supplements. I am on a 4000 calorie a day diet. I take normal vitamins. Centrum 1 A day.
    Height: 180 cm
    Weight: 94.487 kg.

Bench Press: 112kg
    Squat: 221kg
    Curl (8 times):50.223kg
    Calf Raise (20 Reps): 625kg
    Lat Pulldown: 107kg

Alright then.... I've always been big. Hen I first started I did about 3/4th of that. On squat i did about the same amount.

http://www.musclechat.co.uk/
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, it shows me that you have decent muscular strength for some one of your size and good for your age.

Thats the only sport specific quality it shows though, and it's mostly isolation. What things out side of isolated lifsts do you do for conditioning?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

all that's great if you want to be a muscle head, which is cool. But if you want to be a boxer, give it all up now. Heavy lifting is useless. I have no idea how much I bench...NONE....I'll bet it's no more than 150-175lb though. but I guarantee I can hit harder than a guy who benches double me. It just depends on your goals and fast twitch vs slow twitch muscle development.

What's your goal? We can't help unless we understand your motivation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton
    a diet doesnt always mean his trying to lose weight the term diet just means what u normally eat and more than likley im guessing his doing it to gain weight rather than lose it
    That's true, although over 90kg for a guy his age sounds a bit heavy to me. muscles or not.
    But isn't 4000cal still high? (serious question!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well yes. I can borrow a friends camera to send you a body shot... Sorry, I forgot this was boxing. Thank you for the link there. I do not have any visible fat really. I am athletic in what I do... Lifting/Running/Swimming/Wrestling.. I would like to start on boxing. Swimming I am freestyle state champion with . And in Crosscountry I am 22nd. It is too early to place my 100 eter, but I currently run it in 10.96 seconds. 50 Freestyle 21.33...100 Freestyle 47.43 ...200 Freestyle 1:43.09 ...500 Freestyle 5:13.29 ...1000 Freestyle 11:19.25

Boxing I would like training tips. And no, my lifting is not isolated. I work every muscle you can name, unlike many other lifters, I rely on my knowledge of anatomy and biochemistry other than Creatin... I am a VERY SERIOUS ATHLETE. IO have always wanted to box. I'm not sure of how hard I can punch... But I know I can take hits easily (although I shouldnt want it heh).

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Killerqueen
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton
    That's true, although over 90kg for a guy his age sounds a bit heavy to me. muscles or not.
    But isn't 4000cal still high? (serious question!)
    Depends if you are using it or not, when I am training a lot I will eat between 3000 and 4000 calories a day... I'm about 82-83kg at the moment... but I do more than just lifting, doesn't burn enough energy sources to warrant that amount of calories to maintain a weight, must be trying to gain weight.

Sullen, I didn't think you only trained a few muscles, there are various types of exercises you can do, compound and isolation.

What type of lifts do you do? do you rely souly on weights to develop muscular strength and power? If you really want to take up boxing then I suggest joining a club and giving it a go, they'll get you doing the right sort of training, explosiveness etc and sort your technique out so you'll know how hard you can hit... :P

Like Von says it's all about Fast Twitch and Slow Twitch Muscle fibres, My bench is average really, for some one who trains (though I have never done any serious weight training before, did a bit when I was about 14) with only his body weight, it's about 5-10kg heavier than my body weight (81kg... ish, least I am ment to be :P), I will guarantee that get some one who can bench twice what I can and they probably couldn't even manage one Military press up (an explosive compound movement)...

as for hitting as hard as me... I don't care how heavy they are... if they haven't trained their body for it, even if they get taught the technique, they still won't be able to hit as hard as me... no matter how heavy they are or how much they can lift.

'horses for courses'... :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

are you by any chance called ruan, you sound really similar to boy in my school

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nope. I'm Von, not Ruan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

uknick who were you talking to

lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

lol, the guy who started the thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually, I do at least 50 different lifts... And those are my main lifts. MIlitary press im not sure. But I have the record in my school for all other lifts. And as I said. I run crosscountry, short distance, and do loads of freestyle swimming. My record for high-speed running is 12 miles nonstop. For my triceps workout Ill average about 20 lifts off the top of my head. I also know enough biochemistry to know when I am doing too much. Military Ill check up on it today. The reason I wanted to check up on boxing was I recently got into my first 'fight'. One of the school 'gangsters'... their toughest one who NEVER loses a fight. He has been going to a club where he lifts/boxes.. whatever... But he wins alot of trophies for boxing. Well, I think I punch at least relatively hard... I can throw 84 mph.. so thats ONE explosive movement that I do well. Well this is how it went. He really surprised me by hitting me a few times before I even realized he did. But I didnt take much notice to it other than biting my cheek. I tried punching him and missed. Then I got a bit wise, closed in some, took a few more hits without caring (I felt like they came from a 4 year old) and landed one on him. I knocked him clean to the ground and he didnt get up. He was so messed up I thought I had killed him (scared the hell out of me...). THats why I am interested in boxing... bit of a thrill came to it lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

next time settle it in the ring

I Would Box Any Day Rather Then Fight
    Fighting Really isnt My Thing
    Cuz im Not A Mean Person I Dont Have A Killing Instinct lol i would rather not hurt people but when the gloves go on i dont mind

Thread Information