Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Delahoya being oscar delahoya (a coward)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Oscar Delahoya being oscar delahoya (a coward)

since oscar went on record and lied in some interview about tito (who he is trying to call out of retirement, to avoid fighting mayweather and adding another loss on his record) demanding 80% of the purse, don felix stepped up and said theyll do it for 50/50

http://boxingtalk.com/pag/article9740.html

to which oscar responded "we must have 70% to make this fight happen"

http://boxingtalk.com/pag/article9739.html

which is the same as mayorga got

am i the only one who remembers oscar saying if he ever fights again, its only gonna be mayweather because he wants to go out against the best?

now hes resorted to calling ageing boxers out of retirement and lying about their demands as an alternative to backing up his big talk and stepping in the ring with certain doom (mayweather)

i think he lost all of his heart when he started making those sappy ass music videos

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar Delahoya being oscar delahoya (a coward)

Who knows who is telling the truth here? In the boxing world a person's word usually should be taken with a grain of salt. How do you know Triniad and his team didn't originally want the 80/20? Maybe they realized the absolute stupidity of that offer and they are back tracking. Who really knows. He has always said he has wanted a rematch with Felix. And I truly don't believe he is scared of fighting Floyd. STOP THE HATING.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wouldn't say he was a coward but he is certainly shrew and savvy. Have you seen where he says that if Mayweather wants 50-50,the fight is off?!!?!?! I thought 50-50 is EXACTLY what Mayweather wanted? In this interview,Oscar categorically stated that he did not want Tito!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

and no way is he scared of PBF!! No way,not when you move to 160 to fight B Hop or when you have a resume like Oscar's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i dont think oscar is a coward. i just think his opnion of himself is a little too high. 50-50 with pbf is more than fair. especially since at this point, pbf is the better fighter.

as for tito, where does he come off demanding ANY fight(much less one with oscar) after that DREADFUL performance agasint winky. titi had his day. taht day is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by zhubin
    Who knows who is telling the truth here? In the boxing world a person's word usually should be taken with a grain of salt. How do you know Triniad and his team didn't originally want the 80/20? Maybe they realized the absolute stupidity of that offer and they are back tracking. Who really knows. He has always said he has wanted a rematch with Felix. And I truly don't believe he is scared of fighting Floyd. STOP THE HATING.
    Damn it zhubin I thought I told you to leave that hate pipe alone, Felix Trinidad would have never offered that considering he took on third of their first fight and still went out there and won so saying that maybe he did is just not believable, besides the guy gave you the link up top so what are you talking about. And besides Oscar has alway's said he has wanted a rematch but on his terms (meaning 65-35) and now he want's 70%, and cant believe this guy has such a big fan following.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber
    Damn it zhubin I thought I told you to leave that hate pipe alone, Felix Trinidad would have never offered that considering he took on third of their first fight and still went out there and won so saying that maybe he did is just not believable, besides the guy gave you the link up top so what are you talking about. And besides Oscar has alway's said he has wanted a rematch but on his terms (meaning 65-35) and now he want's 70%, and cant believe this guy has such a big fan following.

have a cc for the assist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hes a buisinessman. He knows what he is doing and in no way is he coward. Hes fought more world champs than probably any other current fighter. Hes not afraid of little Floyd
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    Hes a buisinessman. He knows what he is doing and in no way is he coward. Hes fought more world champs than probably any other current fighter. Hes not afraid of little Floyd
    He is a businessman an all about the money, and he will lie,cheat, and steal to be on top. He has critical of people such as Tyson, Vargas, Don King and others inside the ring as well as outside stating that they were not good for boxing, but undercover he will do the same thing's. The sad part is if he were acutually to come out and act like the villian that he actually is I would love him, he would probably be my favorite fighter, but I have seen him recieve the benefit of the doubt too many times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoomBoom
    He is a businessman an all about the money, and he will lie,cheat, and steal to be on top. He has critical of people such as Tyson, Vargas, Don King and others inside the ring as well as outside stating that they were not good for boxing, but undercover he will do the same thing's. The sad part is if he were acutually to come out and act like the villian that he actually is I would love him, he would probably be my favorite fighter, but I have seen him recieve the benefit of the doubt too many times.
    Well he plays his cards right. I dont think he is evil i think hes good for boxing and boxers. I do think he is shrewd thought and probably as manipulative as Don King, but hey more power to him
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What ever you say buddy. Felix should be happy he would get anything to fight Oscar again...considering he got ass kicked by Winky in his last fight and knows deep down he lost to Oscar in their first match. You can't believe he has such a big fan following?!! Of course you don't. You are "hater" in every true sense of the word.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Trinidad's have been on record fro years saying 60/40 and DK promotes the rematch . Theri terms have always been open and clear . Oscar on the other hand , changes his statements all the time. Just last week he said "let him come in at 160. I'll come in at 152,153 and be faster . " Now this week it has to be 154 . Why all the positioning ? Tito has never tried to get anyone at the right time or when they showed weakness ( Sweet Pea being a possible exception.) . Oscar always has .When Tito came out of retirement , he clearly staed he would fight either Oscar or Hopkins straight up no tuneup. Both declined for monetary reasons. No parlay just declined. Oscar is promoter now. I'll take a retired fighter's word , a man with nothing to prove , over Oscar any day of the week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The bloke is one of the best fighters off this generation simple as. Its disrespectful to say he's being a coward. If he faught Tito now he would DESTROY him! I actaully think they will sort a ODLH-PBF bout and boy i cant wait for it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sick of the hype machine that is DeLahoya...... I know he's a promoter but does he have to make a fuckin telenovela out of every potential fight he's going to get in to?

Shut up, get in the ring and fight....... and save the drama for your mamma!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702
    since oscar went on record and lied in some interview about tito (who he is trying to call out of retirement, to avoid fighting mayweather and adding another loss on his record) demanding 80% of the purse, don felix stepped up and said theyll do it for 50/50

http://boxingtalk.com/pag/article9740.html

to which oscar responded "we must have 70% to make this fight happen"

http://boxingtalk.com/pag/article9739.html

which is the same as mayorga got

am i the only one who remembers oscar saying if he ever fights again, its only gonna be mayweather because he wants to go out against the best?

now hes resorted to calling ageing boxers out of retirement and lying about their demands as an alternative to backing up his big talk and stepping in the ring with certain doom (mayweather)

i think he lost all of his heart when he started making those sappy ass music videos

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    Now you PBF fans want to start complaining about cowardness? PBF thinks and so do you the fans that hes the BIG man in boxing he might be in the sense of P4P but as far as an attraction he aint. Not compared to ODLH at least, I said this before PBF runs, ran and continues to run his mouth now hes after ODLH so he can pick up a nice little pay check. He knows ODLH will bring more money to him then anyone, I actually think all of this is just mind games by ODLH hes playing around with PBF messing with his head. Maybe trying to get a psychological advantage over PBF.

But anyway whatever the case may be, ODLH has that kind of power to decide who earns what and who fights him.
    Now that PBF is on the other side of the blade it's a different story but when hes (PBF) in control as far as who he wants to fight all that is alright. Huh? All you PBF fans dont see nothing wrong with that all you can say is hes PBF, hes P4P, which is true but when dealing with ODLH all that is out the window, If HE wants you to fight him you will, if HE doesnt want you to fight him, then guess what? you wont cuz he brings the money.

So quit your wining and wait and see what happens. But don't worry I know and understand where your coming from.

Thread Information