Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I stand corrected on my scoring "The Contender" Brewer-Bravo Fight...

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I stand corrected on my scoring "The Contender" Brewer-Bravo Fight...

I stated in an earlier forum thread that I had Bravo winning the first two rounds. After watching the whole fights on ESPN.com( http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/index ), I rescored the fight and had the rounds scored as such...

Round 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - TOTAL

Bravo 10 - 9 - 9 - 10 - 9 - 47

Brewer 8 - 10 - 10 - 9 - 10 - 47

I have a draw, I felt that Brewer did alot of running in the fourth round, he didnt connect as much and Bravo had some good connects when he got inside. I think Brewer got scared of Bravo after the knock down and for the Ref that didnt count the knock down, he screwed the whole fight for Bravo....

Well, I guess The Contender people didnt account for "What if" a draw occured....They worried more about the sales of tickets for the finals than anything else....

Good Luck,

Coach

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I stand corrected on my scoring "The Contender" Brewer-Bravo Fight...

I don't have a problem with Brewer getting the decision as he could well have won the remaining 4 rounds, but 49-46 on two judges scorecards is simply an impossible score

Bravo knocked Brewer down in the first and he looked hurt. It was a big knockdown so defintely a 10-8 round.

If Brewer wins all the remaining rounds then he wins 48-46

How the hell did two judges come up with 49-46?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I stand corrected on my scoring "The Contender" Brewer-Bravo Fight...

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    I don't have a problem with Brewer getting the decision as he could well have won the remaining 4 rounds, but 49-46 on two judges scorecards is simply an impossible score

Bravo knocked Brewer down in the first and he looked hurt. It was a big knockdown so defintely a 10-8 round.

thats my thoughts... How is that possible?!?!?!?!?!
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

SigmaMu Guest

Well here is my score card as I just watched the fight.

Bravo 10 - 10 - 9 - 10 - 9 - 48

I dont want to argue but, you said that brewer did a lot of a running in the 4th yet you gave him that round?

You say that the ref did not count Bravos first round knock down? Of course he did why do you think he was counting to 10? It was a judge who did not score it a 10-8.

The questionable knock down was in the fifth. It's hard to say wether or not it was a knock down in normal play motion but in slow motion Brewer does conect with a left and a right which both land but Bravo is seen grabbbing Brewers arm and that is what caused Brewer to come forward.

Neto was clearly hanging/pulling on to Brewers arm while going down/backwards.

Had this been ruled a knock down, I would of had the fight even.

BTW if the Contenders end in a draw, they have to fight another round.

Peace.

Oh and Neto ain't complaining. He bought a house and he says he even quit his job for now.
    He also said that the only reason he picked to be in the last slots of the brackets, was so he could just stay in the loft. He was making more money just being a live body on the show than he was at his real job. His people also said that TOC is working on setting up some tournaments for some of the Contenders of season 2 and put them up against some Brits and Europeans. I don't know how true this is or not but I hope some of these fighters can go on to make a little more money fighting than they could if they were busting their azzes off at some phuked up roofing job or tire shop.
    I also heard, that Contender 3 will be against Europeans. Not confirmed either.

Peace.

SigmaMu Guest

Oh and to the two rotten judges who did not score Neto's knock down a 10 - 8 they were probably rubbing dick heads while looking at each others score cards.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G

I dont want to argue but, you said that brewer did a lot of a running in the 4th yet you gave him that round?

You say that the ref did not count Bravos first round knock down? Of course he did why do you think he was counting to 10? It was a judge who did not score it a 10-8.

The questionable knock down was in the fifth. It's hard to say wether or not it was a knock down in normal play motion but in slow motion Brewer does conect with a left and a right which both land but Bravo is seen grabbbing Brewers arm and that is what caused Brewer to come forward.

Peace.

Oh and Neto ain't complaining. He bought a house and he says he even quit his job for now.
    He also said that the only reason he picked to be in the last slots of the brackets, was so he could just stay in the loft. He was making more money just being a live body on the show than he was at his real job. His people also said that TOC is working on setting up some tournaments for some of the Contenders of season 2 and put them up against some Brits and Europeans. I don't know how true this is or not but I hope some of these fighters can go on to make a little more money fighting than they could if they were busting their azzes off at some phuked up roofing job or tire shop.

Peace.
    I posted on here a couple months ago about that. I heard via Gareth Hogg that Scott Dann has been approached to be on a European version

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo

Yeah thats what i thought, that judge needs to be shown how to add up and the rules of judging boxing.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peace.

Peace.

CC for the good scoring of round 2!!!!

I was seriously thinking the same thing on the second round score....I felt Bravo connected more, but the way Brewer came back after Round 1 def. helped with an even Round....

With that, I would have Bravo winning by one point....

This is a simple reminder at how politics and stupid shit are to involved in the sport....

Good Luck,

Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I said I gave the round to Bravo on the fact of connect percentage and how much running Brewer did....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its a bit hard to score a fight when you only get to see weeny clips of it, and the punches are mostly seen in varying slow-mo speeds, and the only way to jugde the power of them is the sound of the thump added to it by the sound fx department.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Its a bit hard to score a fight when you only get to see weeny clips of it, and the punches are mostly seen in varying slow-mo speeds, and the only way to jugde the power of them is the sound of the thump added to it by the sound fx department.
    You can watch the full fight here http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/index, which is where their scoring and opinions are coming from.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cool! Cheers
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    You can watch the full fight here http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/index, which is where their scoring and opinions are coming from.
    As stated by TyBuff these are full fights/unedited. The files are on-line-stream or you can download them and watch them on your pc. I posted the fights somewhere. With instructions.

I would not be arguing if I had not seen the entire fight.
    Sort of wierd watching a fight from the Contender with out the sound effects and all the family shots in between. They should release all the fights but anyway, this was a tough fight to score for me specially rounds two and five but I was influenced by Joe Testosterone
    when he said it was a push, I know it was a knock down but since I was rooting for Bravo, I gave Bravo the benefit of the doubt and went with the commentators observation. How many of us have been influenced by commentators? I have. Even Joe and Teddy are guilty of baised comments, especially when it comes down to West Coast/East Coast rivalries.

Peace.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man I'm waiting for the Zapruder film to come out on this one..............lol
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TyBuff
    As stated by TyBuff these are full fights/unedited. The files are on-line-stream or you can download them and watch them on your pc. I posted the fights somewhere. With instructions.

I would not be arguing if I had not seen the entire fight.
    Sort of wierd watching a fight from the Contender with out the sound effects and all the family shots in between. They should release all the fights but anyway, this was a tough fight to score for me specially rounds two and five but I was influenced by Joe Testosterone
    when he said it was a push, I know it was a knock down but since I was rooting for Bravo, I gave Bravo the benefit of the doubt and went with the commentators observation. How many of us have been influenced by commentators? I have. Even Joe and Teddy are guilty of baised comments, especially when it comes down to West Coast/East Coast rivalries.

Peace.
    It did look to be a legit KD for Brewer but when the ref waves it off you cant take the point away for the KD. IMO anyways once the ref waved it off it didnt matter with scoring anyways.
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

Thread Information