Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When will the hatred of PBF stop?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default When will the hatred of PBF stop?

There was a special on foxsports net about PBF and how dedicated he was to the sport. They say he trains harder then any other boxer in history, they say he could be anywhere (club, dinner, game, park, home) and he will start running a 4-5 mile run out of nowhere and that's including in any kind of clothing. He trains like a maniac and is dedicated to his profession but yet he recieves so much hatred around the boxing community. Thier was a poll on this forum that was askins "who do you want to win the PBF Vs Baldomir fight. The votes went to Boldomir. Can Floyd ever get rid of this hatred.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: When will the hatred of PBF stop?

when he stops being an arrogant and learns to respect people.fair play he knows he is the best but when i was in antigua i watched talking about the baldo fight and he just acts like a dick! he needs to sort himself out. he also said "I AM the greatest of all time im better than sugar ray robinson" ok floyd i belive you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon
    when he stops being an arrogant and learns to respect people.fair play he knows he is the best but when i was in antigua i watched talking about the baldo fight and he just acts like a dick! he needs to sort himself out. he also said "I AM the greatest of all time im better than sugar ray robinson" ok floyd i belive you
    I agree that he needs to grow up but it looks like he has gotten a little better over the years as far as attitude, he still has a way's to go but he has been more friendly with the media and he should start to gain more fans.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber
    I agree that he needs to grow up but it looks like he has gotten a little better over the years as far as attitude, he still has a way's to go but he has been more friendly with the media and he should start to gain more fans.
    It just pissed me off cos Baldo is a good guy and the way he talks about him is just a fuking joke! i would love to see baldo beat him..i know its unlikely but it would atleast teach floyd to button it!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can't stop people from hating a guy, no reason to, I could care less if people like my favorite fighters.

There doesn't even have to be a reason. I dislike Wlad Klitschko and honestly I have no real reason too, sure lately he's been holding too much, but I disliked him before that. Just did, no real reason. Not like I wish him real harm, just don't like him as a fighter. Probably never will.

I think you do have to respect Floyd's work ethic, whether its the best of all time or not is totally unknown, but he's supposed to be a very hard worker, I wish Toney had Floyd's work ethic. He's great to watch in the ring, annoying outside of it, but I love to watch him fight.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan
    Can't stop people from hating a guy, no reason to, I could care less if people like my favorite fighters.

There doesn't even have to be a reason. I dislike Wlad Klitschko and honestly I have no real reason too, sure lately he's been holding too much, but I disliked him before that. Just did, no real reason. Not like I wish him real harm, just don't like him as a fighter. Probably never will.

I think you do have to respect Floyd's work ethic, whether its the best of all time or not is totally unknown, but he's supposed to be a very hard worker, I wish Toney had Floyd's work ethic. He's great to watch in the ring, annoying outside of it, but I love to watch him fight.
    But if he had that outside the ring as well as inside the ring he would be such a good guy to the sport.....in say 40 years you cant imagine floyd doing anything towards boxing imo i could just imagine him sitting there being an old grumpy grandad! he really does frustate me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by OumaFan

I am the same way with Oscar, I have no reason to hate him but since I was a huge Pernell Whitaker fan my hatred grew for Oscar after that fight, my hatred got so bad that I scored the Tito fight 8 rounds to 4 (even I have to admit that was lunacy) but certain fighter are not liked but PBF has much more than his fare share. There are fighters out there with the same attitude as him (Toney, Judah) that have haters but not as much as Floyd. Only ones to exceed him are (Tarver, Ruiz, Spinks)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pernell won that fight. And I don't really like Oscar either

I do find Floyd annoying outside the ring, even more so than like a Toney cause at least Toney has (or at least used to have) a sense of humor. Floyd is boring and obnoxious. Bad combination. But it'd be hypocritical of me to hate Floyd for his outside the ring attitude since I've been a big Toney fan for a long time. Its the guys like Judah and Tarver, who I find annoying outside the ring and for the most part boring inside the ring that I really dislike. But Floyd inside the ring is incredible to watch so I can deal with his outside the ring act.

SigmaMu Guest

I stopped hating him. It was I that made the poll. Some one had informed me about the same poll and it had been done on p4p2006 site. I copied the idea from them. The results, basicly were the same as on here. People were picking Baldo.

I personaly dont like some of the shiet he says either.
    but
    There is no denying he is a great fighter, I have seen him train and he works his azz off like there is no tomorrow. He is a smart fighter who chooses his battles well.
    His style is impetuous. His defense is impregnable, and he's just ferocious. He wants your heart. He wants to eat your children. Praise be to Allah!"

I had to throw that in there.

I can't take nothing away from PBF even though he did go around beating fighters Kostya Tszyu had already smoked.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF has much more than his fare share.
    Part of that is just cause he's on top.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awesome fighter but sounds stupid too often and talks too much shat. I don't like hating on someone for no reason but if you have a reason ,then you are entitled to your own opinion,you're not in debt to be nice to a boxer,you can have whatever attitude you want towards him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was a special on foxsports net about PBF and how dedicated he was to the sport. They say he trains harder then any other boxer in history, they say he could be anywhere (club, dinner, game, park, home) and he will start running a 4-5 mile run out of nowhere and that's including in any kind of clothing. He trains like a maniac and is dedicated to his profession but yet he recieves so much hatred around the boxing community. Thier was a poll on this forum that was askins "who do you want to win the PBF Vs Baldomir fight. The votes went to Boldomir. Can Floyd ever get rid of this hatred.

no
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah he really needs to start respecting fighters and respecting other people instead of being a dick head

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

people will stop hating on Floyd the exact same second nerds stop bashing Microsoft -

When they are no longer at the top of their game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Watching the interview on ESPN that wasn't what Floyd said, at least not the wayyou just put it
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information