Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Miranda vs Abraham HL video

For those of you who have not seen the fight. A pretty fair account of what happened, although it does not show the craziness of the round 5 stoppage when the Dr and Ref call the fight off and then they are overrulled by the German promoter.

It shows all the low blows so you can make a judgement yourself if they were low or not.
    It also shows the ref multiple times pulling Miranda back from attacking Abraham when he is walking away. "Protect yourself at all times", yea my a** ref!

[gvideo=400,326]-726235645990963344[/gvideo]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Miranda vs Abraham HL video

cc 4 the vid man! seemed a good fight
    was Miranda ripped off or did he deserve to lose?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC very cool video...

you went to that fight didnt you?

from what i read Miranda would have still lost a V close fight with the action that took place but it has to be said would Abraham have been stopped if it wasnt for the constant help by the ref stepping in as shown in them clips ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was there... I thought Abraham did better in person than on TV, but I think that was because the crowd was going freakin nuts everytime Abraham threw a punch. On TV you can see that a good number of these shots missed or were blocked.

I have talked to some respectful writers who have reviewed the tape and they all pretty much have the same opinion I do. I think we will be seeing some articles coming out soon from this side of the world and not hearing the AP wire that was sent from Germany and republished here in America,

Abraham showed heart by making it the finish line, but imo he did nothing in the last 8 rounds to win the fight. I had the first 4 rounds split 2-2 (I actually thought it was 3-1 for Miranda, but one round was close enough that I knew he wouldn't get it).

Headbutt was a stupid mistake from Miranda and I can accept the 2 points. I think there were some questionable low blows that a warning would have been suffice, but no points should have been deducted. If anything Abraham should have at least been warned for holding.

The was the ref held back Miranda from attacking when Abraham was not ready was laughable.

I know the decision will never be reveresed, so the only fair thing would to force Abraham to fight Miranda again, but this time it needs to be on HBO in the States!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    I know the decision will never be reveresed, so the only fair thing would to force Abraham to fight Miranda again, but this time it needs to be on HBO in the States!
    Agreed there should be a rematch but i doubt there ever will be

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera
    For those of you who have not seen the fight. A pretty fair account of what happened, although it does not show the craziness of the round 5 stoppage when the Dr and Ref call the fight off and then they are overrulled by the German promoter.

It shows all the low blows so you can make a judgement yourself if they were low or not.
    It also shows the ref multiple times pulling Miranda back from attacking Abraham when he is walking away. "Protect yourself at all times", yea my a** ref!

[gvideo=400,326]-726235645990963344[/gvideo]
    That was disgusting to watch. Not the fight but the ref. And Abraham pretending to get hit low. That made my stomach turn. That must be as bad as it could possibly get. Looks like Miranda was set up from the vid.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

SigmaMu Guest

You would think Miranda was fighting in Nazi Germany from that footage.

That Ref sucked!

All I can say is, REMATCH !
    Here is the US.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely agree about a rematch.

I do think Abraham won most of the early rounds, although it was more due to careful timing of his flurries than through outboxing Miranda.

Still he clearly rocked Miranda several times.

The only point I think should have been docked was one for the headbutt, two just made no sense at all.

If any of you have ever seen the first Beyer Green fight the judging and officials behaved in exactly the same way.

Green was fucking of Beyer big time, had dropped him 3 times and opened a huge gash over one of his eyes.

During a clinch also in round 5 he rubbed his head into Beyers face, nothing serious really just a typical Holyfield, Hopkins tactic.

The referee rightfully docked a point, then the doctor looked at Beyer's eye.

He said that Beyer absolutely could not fight. The referee had already ruled that the cut was not caused or aggravated by the headbutt but docked another point from Green and said we will go to the scorecards.

After literally 20 minutes or so of protests the German officals, actually the doctor if I remember correctly said that Green had to be disqualified, (conventiently because he was winning in all 3 scorecards, even in Germnay, and even after two points deducted!) so the referee disqualified Green

It clearly looked like Abraham and his team were looking for the same result, he got hurt, they wanted Miranda disqualifedm only here the ref docked the two points but said the damage to his jaw was not caused by the headbutt, clearly a true statement.

Abraham then relucantly fought on, it seemed as if he wanted to quit because between every round his corner were telling him not to give up, that he was winning the fight, etc.

And then he pretty much ran, and held his way to victory.

Credit to him for making the 12 rounds, I feel after watching it twice that the fight was even, although take a point from Miranda for the headbutt and Abraham wins it. But to take 5 points that was just criminal.

Maybe the rematch should be in Peurto Rico or wherever Miranda is from. I'm certain if it was (yes I know it won't be!) Miranda would knock Abraham out.

Gotta say though this was easily my favourite fight of the year so far!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

SportsNation Dan Rafael: (2:06 PM ET ) Yes, I watched the DVD of it this week. It was a joke. Miranda should have won. He dominated the second half of the fight. The two-point deduction for the butt was legit. The three for low blows were ridiculous. Two were legit body blows. One was maybe a hair low, but it was ticky-tack stuff. Miranda was robbed. Not to mention, he should have had a fifth-round TKO when the ref more or less stopped the fight and then let them go on and fight after the Abraham folks realized they couldn't win on a technical decision. Randy Neumann was one of the most biased refs I have EVER seen. A total joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ref was just horrendous!!! I found the headbutt kind of funny, it looks like Miranda's chin hit Abraham harder than his head hit him. Obvious point deduction thou, absolutely blatant headbutt. The so called low blows were legit body shots. If this fight happens again in neuatral turf and unbiased ref then Miranda wins by KO. And people wonder why boxing is not as popular anymore, just look at what us fans have to put up with. What a bunch of crap!!

Credit to Abraham for going 8 rounds with that jaw. Not sure how he did it, but WOW!!!
    You must be the change you want to see in the world. --Mahatma Gandhi

El Kabong Guest

RANDY NEUMANN YOU FUCKER!!!!

Looks like Miranda got straight up ROBBED, Neumann couldn't have done a better job of it had he used a gun!

I hope if there is no rematch that Abraham fights Taylor...Jermain will make short work of him IMO

yall don't think he hits hard but the last 3 guys he has hit have:
    1) GREAT DEFENSE
    2) GREAT CHINS
    3) And are VERY durable

Abraham may be tough but he is NOT durable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Homecooking by the ref! But man his jaw, hardly can't keep his mouth closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm dying to do a RBR of the fight...just to maybe bring about a different POV of the matter...plus I wanna see the fouls & the bad reffing & what not...besides that...I'm liquored up & there aint shat really happening this weekend...other than Duddy getting spanked.

Remember...I called that shat. Duddy loses against Yory Bwoy tonight.

Anyone who has a link to the Abraham Miranda fight that aint some sexupload deal...hit me with it.

Thanks.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I'm dying to do a RBR of the fight...just to maybe bring about a different POV of the matter...plus I wanna see the fouls & the bad reffing & what not...besides that...I'm liquored up & there aint shat really happening this weekend...other than Duddy getting spanked.

Anyone who has a link to the Abraham Miranda fight that aint some sexupload deal...hit me with it.

Thanks.
    still the same email as you've got on the profile?

If so I'll send it to you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks.
    Wacko-
    I already offered you a clean cut DVD quality version of the fight. I thought you were very wrong in your initial reaction (see below). Obviously you never saw the damn fight but acted like you did. WTF was that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Abraham ran for the most part , but on occasion he will make a ago as he seems to lunge and throws wild reckless shots, also look poor conditioned to me. He is awkward and has an unpleasant fighting style in my opinion . Miranda had no shot of winning that fight in Germany with the Ref in pocket, at least Edison beat Abraham up real good. so he can get some satisfaction out of that. !
    Disagree totally.

Saw the fight...finally...& Abraham boxed...he outboxed Miranda...whom is a slugger that got really frustrated that Abraham refused to go down.

If that fight had been in the U.S., Abraham would have still won.

Yes the ref was a bit overbearing with the points...but Miranda fought like an asshole once he was unable to stop Abraham.

That was a good fight...sorry people...but Abraham won that S***. Period.

Thread Information