Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Castillo preparing for comeback!(Harris first,then Hatton)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Castillo preparing for comeback!(Harris first,then Hatton)

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    I agree,JLC deserves credit for his willingness to take on the best,no warm ups etc. I disagree with you Tam,I don't think it'll be the end of Castillo unless it's a savage beating. I think JLC is so big,he could easily make 147 which would be awesome too!

Frozen,I do not see JLC koing Hatton,I just don't see it.How?
    well when you think about it, he loses to hatton at 140...........hatton beats every1 at 140 whats castillos job? picking up hattons 2nds? really do think that he wont have much else in the tank if he gets another L on his record. him being 32 makes him one of the oldest in the devison?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree,JLC deserves credit for his willingness to take on the best,no warm ups etc. I disagree with you Tam,I don't think it'll be the end of Castillo unless it's a savage beating. I think JLC is so big,he could easily make 147 which would be awesome too!

im going by how jlc looked in the castillo/corrales 2 fight, and how hatton looked against collazo (even though it was at 147, hatton looked pretty bad skillwise.........let alone physically)
    this is a very bad matchup for hatton, stylistically, and jlc is a bad man.

rickys a good guy and a great fighter, but this is one fight that i feel is going to make him look pretty bad

hopefully im wrong, though. because a victory over jlc would put hatton into elite status

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon

well when you think about it, he loses to hatton at 140...........hatton beats every1 at 140 whats castillos job? picking up hattons 2nds? really do think that he wont have much else in the tank if he gets another L on his record. him being 32 makes him one of the oldest in the devison?
    True,which is why I said he could move to 147,although as you point out,retirement may very well be more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

im going by how jlc looked in the castillo/corrales 2 fight, and how hatton looked against collazo (even though it was at 147, hatton looked pretty bad skillwise.........let alone physically)

rickys a good guy and a great fighter, but this is one fight that i feel is going to make him look pretty bad

hopefully im wrong, though. because a victory over jlc would put hatton into elite status
    You have to remember,Hatton only had 7 weeks to prepare for that fight. He will be much better prepared for JLC. Dam right Castillo is a bad bad man BUT Hatton is younger,stronger,maybe faster,has a good good chin and throw in rough house tactics and I think he wins. Hatton does not hit as hard as Corrales but his pressure levels are VERY VERY high,he can just overwhelm you,I'm not saying that will happen to Castillo but I feel Hatton has too much energy for him. In fac,I feel pretty confident in saying Ricky would win.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

True,which is why I said he could move to 147,although as you point out,retirement may very well be more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

You have to remember,Hatton only had 7 weeks to prepare for that fight. He will be much better prepared for JLC. Dam right Castillo is a bad bad man BUT Hatton is younger,stronger,maybe faster,has a good good chin and throw in rough house tactics and I think he wins. Hatton does not hit as hard as Corrales but his pressure levels are VERY VERY high,he can just overwhelm you,I'm not saying that will happen to Castillo but I feel Hatton has too much energy for him. In fac,I feel pretty confident in saying Ricky would win.
    castillo at 147................. how wud that go down? i rekon i can paint a better picture if i see how good he is at 140! if hatton beats him or nearly beats him 147 will be VERY HARD for castillo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well JLC could and at this point should pick his fights carefully,only the best,but you are 100% correct,I'd like to see him at 140 first although it's not as if making 147 would be hard for him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    F*** Castillo.

Never have liked him...never will.

No respect for the rules, the game, or the other man.

Where's that douche bag photo when I need it?!?!?!
    i dont like the guy i mean when you got a big money rubber match going down you have to make wieght..
    thats pretty much disrespect and stupidity...
    but im still glad of the news i think hes a good fighter and there needs to be as many big names out there as possible right now.
    i dont like the thought of there bieng no genuine challengers at 140 especially now hatton is at 140 again..
    i hope corralles moves up too
    there could be some good fights at 140 for ppl like hatton castillo coralles mallignagi
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well JLC could and at this point should pick his fights carefully,only the best,but you are 100% correct,I'd like to see him at 140 first although it's not as if making 147 would be hard for him!
    I personally think castillo is in a really bad position.......he is getting old and by dominating the 140 if he beats hatton does that prove much? i personally think 147 will be a bit to much for him! if only he could make the weight for lightweight wud be so much easier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't like the circumstances of his last fight. But a lot are to blame.

Not just himself or his trainers or etc etc, wasn't the commission supposed to be doing monthly checks on him and his weight and etc? They failed as well.

You can't put the blame solely on Castillo's shoulders, its everyone around him that failed, and his trainers and nutritionists and everyone else that failed him. And I don't think he came in overweight on purpose. I think it was just the whole situation and it wasn't just Castillo's fault, it was everyone around him too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I personally think castillo is in a really bad position.......he is getting old and by dominating the 140 if he beats hatton does that prove much? i personally think 147 will be a bit to much for him! if only he could make the weight for lightweight wud be so much easier

it would mean that castillo is the best jr. welterweight on the planet.
    he makes a few defences at 140, then he sets up a mega fight at 147 after a solid year of being the linear junior welterweight champion.
    more money
    more glory
    seems like a good decision to me
    but thats IF he beats hatton, or even harris for that matter :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally that bast*rd Castillo weighed in on that weight on purpose.
    He didn't want to lose muscle and wanted to come in great shape.
    Didn't want to weaken himself so that he could get TKO'd by Diego again.
    3 weeks before the fight are enough to prepare for the weight loss.

He's too big for 135 lbs and barely makes 140lbs. He barely made 140 last time.
    Why not move to 147 and save everybody the problem of
    worring about his laziness and irresponsiblities.

I'm this harsh for good reason. Castillo and camp had an unfair advantage in
    the rematch AND tried to cheat at the scales to give Diego another beating!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For me the most deciding factor in the Hatton Castill fight will be the venue. If it's held in Manchester Ricky will just need to survive the full 12 rounds to win a decision, as we saw with Clinton Woods against Johnson last month.

If it happens stateside however I see Castillo dominating Ricky.

I love Ricky as a fighter and a proud fellow Brit, but he just isn't in the elite class in my opinion, Castillo's power, ring experience and toughness will prove too much if they fight in America.

The British fans might just be able to yell and cheer their boy Ricky across the line if it's MEN Arena though, think Bruno against Oliver McCall at Wembley Stadium

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anybody who humiliates Kostya Tsyu's legacy by making him quit on
    his stool and end his winning streak is an Elite Fighter. I favor Castillo
    though. Only because I've never seen Castillo lose a brawl, aside from
    that miracle that Diego Corrales seemed to pull out of thin air.
    At 140lbs, Hatton has a better chance.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Anybody who humiliates Kostya Tsyu's legacy by making him quit on
    his stool and end his winning streak is an Elite Fighter. I favor Castillo
    though. Only because I've never seen Castillo lose a brawl, aside from
    that miracle that Diego Corrales seemed to pull out of thin air.
    At 140lbs, Hatton has a better chance.
    Remember Kosta had only fought 3 times in 3 and a half years, and was 35 years old. Great performance by Ricky but Castillo will be a harder test in my opinion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    For me the most deciding factor in the Hatton Castill fight will be the venue. If it's held in Manchester Ricky will just need to survive the full 12 rounds to win a decision, as we saw with Clinton Woods against Johnson last month.

If it happens stateside however I see Castillo dominating Ricky.

I love Ricky as a fighter and a proud fellow Brit, but he just isn't in the elite class in my opinion, Castillo's power, ring experience and toughness will prove too much if they fight in America.

The British fans might just be able to yell and cheer their boy Ricky across the line if it's MEN Arena though, think Bruno against Oliver McCall at Wembley Stadium
    Hah yeah Bruno over McCall, what a spectacular win It was almost painful to realize that the guy who had been beaten and battered, looking like he wanted to cry, had just won the belt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Castillo will Beat Hatton if they fight i'm sure

i think Castillo moves faster is more accurate and will be very strong at 140 ..i also think the weight fluxuation yo-yo program Hattons on is making him stale

besides i wanna see Mayweather beat Hatton while both are still undefeated !!
    "Floyds as sweet as candy ,yanky doodle dandee"

Thread Information