By Clive Bernath: WBA super-middleweight champion Mikkel Kessler has the utmost respect for fellow world champion Markus Beyer's ability as a fighter which is why he will be in the best shape of his 37 fight career when the pair clash in a unification battle at the Parken Stadium in Copenhagen,Denmark on October 14.

The undefeated Danish superstar has prepared as meticulously as ever to face German WBC titleholder Beyer and knows he will have to be at his brilliant best if he wants to be victorious.

"I see this as my toughest fight ever, Kessler told SecondsOut "I will be in shape for 12 rounds, but if I get the chance I will stop him before!

"Whatever it takes to win! I see myself as the best in the world.

"Beyer is a strong fighter and has a great deal of routine, so I have prepared a lot.

"I will only have this chance to be the champ in both WBA and WBC this once, and I'm not gonna let is pass.

Kessler, 37-0-(2, is in no doubt that he is in for a tough night's work on October 14 so what does he see as Beyer's biggest strengths and weaknesses?

"Beyer's strength is his big routine and he has a lot of experience in twelve round fights. His weakness is me!, said an incredibly confident Kessler.

The super-middleweight division is arguably the strongest in Europe right now with both Kessler and Beyer holding two major titles and Welshman Joe Calzaghe owning the IBF and WBO versions. Opinion has long been divided as to who is the world's number one 168lbs fighter, does Kessler believe that an impressive win over Beyer will make him the undisputed number one?

"In my opinion there is no doubt that I am the best super-middleweight in the world and I'm ready to fight anyone to prove that" ,said Kessler. "And to Calzaghe: Let's meet and find out! But right now the only thing on my mind is Beyer."

Kessler will start the slight betting favourite against the German southpaw and having the fight take place in Kessler's home city of Copenhagen will also prove to be a major plus.

From: http://www.secondsout.com/news/index...s=534&cs=20432

But i think Kessler not will be #1 before either beating Calzaghe, or Calzaghe avoiding to fight him