Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Boxers or Action fighters: Whats your preference?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Boxers or Action fighters: Whats your preference?

Do you have a definite preference, do you clearly like guys like Corrales better or guys like Floyd or Winky.

Or do you like both? I think some people have a clear preference, just for example I think some people think watching Winky is like watching paint dry and some people just enjoy watching his technical skills.

I'm in the middle, some of my favorite fighters are technical fighters like Floyd, Toney, and Calderon but I also like action fighters like Castillo, and Corrales. Some guys like Calzaghe I think of as kind of a combination of both.

So do you have a definite preference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Boxers or Action fighters: Whats your preference?

I definitely prefer action. I will watch either, but I much prefer the action fights.

I think the object of the game is to beat up the other guy, so if the person goes in solely trying to win on points I don't really favor them.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like a bit of both.

For example,I HATE watching Spinks,he runs and slaps,that's really neither entertaining nor skillful to me but hey,he does what he needs to do.

I love guys like PBF,B Hop,Toney etc when they box as they are so skilled but on the other hand,I love watching a punching machine like Margarito,Arce,Chico etc non stop action and you know their fights will be exciting. I guess I'll just watch whoever comes on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like both. it depends on who is fighting

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The thing with boxers is, they have to be at a good level in order to be entertaining. You see some "boxer" style fighters who are at a regional level, and unless they are on their way up through their ranks, they can be boring to watch as they ground out results on points. Even further up the ranks you do see this, or even worse are fighters who tend to go forward, but then try to "learn" to box, as Matt Skelton did in order to beat Danny Williams. However, when it comes to the slick boxers like RJJ at his peak or Mayweather, then they are an absolute joy to watch, so I'm split on this one. If it's for pure entertainment I'd have to go with the action fighters, much like Hatton. On the other hand, watching a true boxer is really something, as he dodges every shot thrown his way.

ICB Guest

depends what sort of mood im in sometimes i like watching larry holmes boxing skills and sometimes i like tactical battles but on other hand i like to watch wars like gatti vs ward ect all depends what sort of mood im in really

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeh i prefer action fighters but wil watch any. my favourite boxers are action fighters like tyson and gatti

Thread Information