Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Joe Calzaghe compares himself to Bernard Hopkins

http://doghouseboxing.com/chee/chee_1007a06.htm

In a recent interview with David Anderson of mirror.co.uk, Joe Calzaghe made it clear he isn't ready to slow down. Calzaghe is riding off an impressive win over Jeff Lacy and wants to capatilize on it by not slowing down any time soon.

Calzaghe tells the Mirror: "I produced the best display of my career in beating Jeff Lacy so really I'm at the top. I feel I could go on like this for another couple of years.

To further prove his willingness to go on, Calzaghe compared himself to Bernard Hopkins, telling the Mirror: "I could even
    go on until I'm 40. Look at Bernard Hopkins and what he was doing at that age.

Calzaghe added: "The important thing is that I still get a buzz from it all. Training is a bit of a grind when you first start back into it, but right now I'm flying and I'm really looking forward to the fight. But it's also important not to go on too long. I want to go out at the top unbeaten and still the champion."

Source of Quotes: David Anderson, Mirror UK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Calzaghe compares himself to Bernard Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

In a recent interview with David Anderson of mirror.co.uk, Joe Calzaghe made it clear he isn't ready to slow down. Calzaghe is riding off an impressive win over Jeff Lacy and wants to capatilize on it by not slowing down any time soon.

It was not a huge win by any means. It was an impressive performance in that he dominated a guy most people figured would beat him. In retrospect, Lacy was not nearly as good as Showtime made him out to be. Lacy's biggest win was Scott Pemberton/Omar Sheika/Robin Reid. Take your pick. None of them are great wins. Calzaghe and his fans can't go a day without mentioning the Lacy shut-out as though it even ranks up . Newsflash: it doesn't. Fight the winner of Kessler-Beyer, who, without a doubt, will be a more proven fighter than Lacy was
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Doghouseboxing is a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jangeorg

It was not a huge win by any means. It was an impressive performance in that he dominated a guy most people figured would beat him. In retrospect, Lacy was not nearly as good as Showtime made him out to be. Lacy's biggest win was Scott Pemberton/Omar Sheika/Robin Reid. Take your pick. None of them are great wins. Calzaghe and his fans can't go a day without mentioning the Lacy shut-out as though it even ranks up . Newsflash: it doesn't. Fight the winner of Kessler-Beyer, who, without a doubt, will be a more proven fighter than Lacy was
    If it had been Kessler/Beyer he bashed up instead of Lacy it wouldn't of gained him half the respect/attention he's had...and i'm sure you know why

Lacy's best wins - Scott Pemberton/Omar Sheika/Robin Reid - maybe they're not great wins but list Kesslers great wins?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i know. lacy is a good boxer. i think he can become a champ again.

ICB Guest

well robin reid did go 12 tough rounds with calzaghe it was sd so yes it was good win for lacy to stop reid who had never been stopped in his career

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster

If it had been Kessler/Beyer he bashed up instead of Lacy it wouldn't of gained him half the respect/attention he's had...and i'm sure you know why

Lacy's best wins - Scott Pemberton/Omar Sheika/Robin Reid - maybe they're not great wins but list Kesslers great wins?

Yes i think Anthony Mundine,Manny Siaca and Julio Cesar Green was more great win than Lacy`s
    Super Middleweight also acknowledge as Kessler's Kingdom when Calzaghe has retire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

iv heard lacy wants a rematch with calzaghe.

whats the point in that. he got beat up. i think lacy should move to light heavy becasue that division is pretty poor at the moment and i think he could dominate it. Theres only and old roy jones, tarver, and clinton woods. i think bernard will retire now. he should

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes i think Anthony Mundine,Manny Siaca and Julio Cesar Green was more great win than Lacy`s
    Come on

OK, its debatable who's beat the better fighters...IF Kessler had beaton Lacy would he not qualify as one of Kesslers greatest wins? Would you list Mundine, Siaca and Green in front of Lacy?
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Come on

OK, its debatable who's beat the better fighters...IF Kessler had beaton Lacy would he not qualify as one of Kesslers greatest wins? Would you list Mundine, Siaca and Green greatest wins?

Possibly,if Lacy and Kessler has fought,but then or if Kessler beat Beyer,i will say it was Kessler greatest wins and i think Mundine has much more boxingskill than Lacy,so i will list Mundine in front of Lacy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dennis
    i know. lacy is a good boxer. i think he can become a champ again.

Jeff is strong and a so so boxer....One of my ex business partners Ron Wood trained Jeff as an amatuer years back...Even then Ron said he relied on his power to much...Jeff is young and has a lot to learn but he still has potential....He needs to lose some bulk and drop down a div or two....IMO....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Thread Information