Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mikkel Kessler Vs Marcus Beyer

I believe Markus is too old to beat Kessler.

Whats your thoughts?

BTW - Ladbroke bookies give Kessler 1/6 to beat Markus...
    And....Markus gets7/2 to beat Kessler.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mikkel Kessler Vs Marcus Beyer

Personally, after seeing Beyer being rescued from his bout with Bika on cuts, who ain't exactly a ring legend, or anything more than a half decent boxer, I would say those 7/2 odds should be lengthened a fair bit. Kessler has been the one who looks confident, and let's face it, Beyer has been ducking more fights than many, so for him to take this must be his view of the last great payoff. For Kessler, the only threat is complacency, and making sure he doesn't get countered too often, and get reckless in that way. I also believe that a Beyer victory would be a disaster for the division, as he is on the way down, and even with all the Royal, backed by his aliases, hype, Kessler is one of the bright lights of the division, and beating Beyer would put a good name on his record, and further extend his reputation.

I reckon it won't go the distance, but Beyer will put up a resistance, maybe 6 or 7 rounds would be my prediction.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I think Kessler takes Beyer out within 7!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kessler will dominate Beyer and win with plenty to spare....I hope he wins with some style to set up an intriguing bout with Calzaghe afterwards....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Kessler will dominate Beyer and win with plenty to spare....I hope he wins with some style to set up an intriguing bout with Calzaghe afterwards....

Carl Frouch And Joe Calzaghe and Kessler are the 3 bright lights of the division,

if they fought each other it would create interest.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hardrock

Carl Frouch And Joe Calzaghe and Kessler are the 3 bright lights of the division,

Are we talking all three in the ring at the same time, in some sort of crazy KO rumble, anything goes..... Personally I'd put Librado Andrade up there above Froch if we're talking the bright lights at SMW, and for the final spot in the 4-way tournament, I reckon Froch should fight Allan Green, for the 4th seed. Either way, I agree that the important thing is that the big names are fighting each other, which we have in Kessler v Beyer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

Are we talking all three in the ring at the same time, in some sort of crazy KO rumble, anything goes..... Personally I'd put Librado Andrade up there above Froch if we're talking the bright lights at SMW, and for the final spot in the 4-way tournament, I reckon Froch should fight Allan Green, for the 4th seed. Either way, I agree that the important thing is that the big names are fighting each other, which we have in Kessler v Beyer.

Bute in my opinion already ahead of Froch, Green and possibly andrade. A number of other fighters i'd rate above Froch.
    Ppl need to learn not to take Froch too serious whe he claims to be the best in the world. How many times you CLAIM to be the best in the world is not a messure for how good you are. - Especially not in the case of Froch.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dumdane
    Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun

Bute in my opinion already ahead of Froch, Green and possibly andrade. A number of other fighters i'd rate above Froch.
    Ppl need to learn not to take Froch too serious whe he claims to be the best in the world. How many times you CLAIM to be the best in the world is not a messure for how good you are. - Especially not in the case of Froch.

Froch needs a couple more good wins over top 10 contenders before Im really going to sit up and take notice...Froch against Green would be a good match up IMO...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that Froch is a good British fighter.

Calzaghe is gonna retire soon, I can feel it.

Kessler will rule the division.

I will even bet £5 on Kessler to win.

Bayer is 35 and doesn't look like he will last too long.

Thats the time a champ gets beat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Froch isnt in the league of Kessler and Calzaghe yet .

Beyer is ready for the taking and Kessler will look the part in this fight . It will be all one way traffic as Mikkel lands at will doing as he likes . Ive never rated Beyer TBh and hes only gone bad since . Kessler should get this over with around teh half way stage , busting up Marcus with his jab , unloading combos , breaking him down and taking him out .

It wont be long until Kessler slowly enters the top 10 p4p fighters on the planet and it starts with the unification against Beyer . I bet Joe wishes he got in there first

El Kabong Guest

Kessler won't rule SHIT...he's the 168 pound version of Nicolay Valuev.

He SUPPOSEDLY has power

He SUPPOSEDLY can box

He SUPPOSEDLY has a good chin and good stamina

How the fuck do we know? Who has put him to the fire? Why does he deserve such grand respect?

Calzaghe is the only Great fighter at 168 right now and no one will beat him there...at 175 that's different but you still have to factor in Lacy and Green those guys won't just go away because they have been beaten or in Green's case just have a lack of defense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Kessler won't rule S***...he's the 168 pound version of Nicolay Valuev.

He SUPPOSEDLY has power

He SUPPOSEDLY can box

He SUPPOSEDLY has a good chin and good stamina

How the F*** do we know? Who has put him to the fire? Why does he deserve such grand respect?

Calzaghe is the only Great fighter at 168 right now and no one will beat him there...at 175 that's different but you still have to factor in Lacy and Green those guys won't just go away because they have been beaten or in Green's case just have a lack of defense.
    Well like Valuev he is undefeated and youd have to agree he should start as favourite against Beyer . If he were fighting Calzaghe it would be a different story but prett son he'l be a undefeated unified world champ and his stock is growing .

Green wasnt a bad 1st round k.o win for him . Mundine is also a decent name to have on the record , as is Lucas and Andre Thyse beat David Starie and Kessler stopped him so its going well so far .

If Joe departs the scene to fight Clinton at 175 then Kessler will be the man to beat at supermiddle weight

El Kabong Guest

Mundine was KO'd by Svenn Ottke....Kessler decisioned him....alarm bells are ringing Game!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Mundine was KO'd by Svenn Ottke....Kessler decisioned him....alarm bells are ringing Game!
    I know I saw that . He he hit with a shot to the ear and put him to sleep . Kessler couldnt do it but thats boxing . Remember Otke was losing tha fight but Kessler owned him .

I bet he looks good this weekend though . Watch him disect the ageing champ with pin point acccuracy. I aint claiming hes the second coming but on Saturday he'l look close to it

El Kabong Guest

...lots of people OWNED Ottke he just never lost though....that bastard

Thread Information