Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arum's promise to Margarito and Margarito-Corrales in the works?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arum's promise to Margarito and Margarito-Corrales in the works?

http://www.maxboxing.com/Kim/Kim100906.asp

On Saturday afternoon, at a media luncheon put together by Arum to promote his December 2nd event, Arum made a pledge to Margarito and his management in front of the gathered media that should he get past Joshua Clottey, that he will have him performing four times in 2007 with every fight having a seven-figure purse.

For the past five years, 'the Tijuana Tornado' has fought just twice a year.Believe it or not, there is also talk of a future bout between Corrales and Margarito at 147.

Wow,this came as a surprise but I do remember Diego saying he would fight Margarito and it ties in with Arum'#s promise. Boy I'd be impressed if this fight came off!! Margarito better beat Clottey(someone I am NOT overlooking")

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arum's promise to Margarito and Margarito-Corrales in the works?

I don't think i care so much for Margarito-Corrales after what i read about Mora-Vargas in the works. :P

J/K

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker
    I don't think i care so much for Margarito-Corrales after what i read about Mora-Vargas in the works. :P
    LMAO,erm ok bro,err each to their own I guess?

Margarito's hit list should be:

Clottey
    Mosley
    Williams
    Corrales and 1 other name and then BOIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!1 That would look awesome! I#m slightly nervous about the Clottey fight though.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A good read, young El Gamo

I actually dont want to see Margarito against Corrales because I think Margarito would batter Corrales and then that will be the end of Corrales for good...

What Corrales needs is to step up, but take on a couple of warm ups, but also fight regularly...get up some confidence again...

Then maybe one final hurrah..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Clottey
    Mosley
    Williams
    Corrales and 1 other name and then BOIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!1 That would look awesome! I#m slightly nervous about the Clottey fight though.
    It was a joke. It was a joke. Did you actually think i would've rather watched a boring Mora vs an old Vargas??!?! lol

SigmaMu Guest

Phuk it! Make both fights happen.

I would like to see how Corrales does against Margarito and I would love to see Mora/Vargas get it on.

Make it happen Gamo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

Clottey
    Mosley
    Williams
    It was a joke. It was a joke. Did you actually think i would've rather watched a boring Mora vs an old Vargas??!?! lol
    LMAO,I actually though you were serious because I know some people wouild rather see Vargas fight!! CC for making me laugh and CC back old man Miles. Fair enough,Corrales would get beaten up but I can see him giving Tony some good shots too and Diego's power is awesome! I just want to see Margarito mix it up with big names! Heck bring Castillo to 147 too!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    Phuk it! Make both fights happen.

I would like to see how Corrales does against Margarito and I would love to see Mora/Vargas get it on.

Make it happen Gamo.

Don't worry,2007 will be a good year for Tony if he can beat Clottey,I have a good feeling! And as for the other fight,I'm not really bothered! Not a big fan of Vargas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I can see Corrales and Castillo fighting Margarito. Those are two guys that really don't care who they fight. And Margarito has a belt so thats a plus for both.

SigmaMu Guest

Vargas is 28 since when does that make him old?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't know his switch to the conservative style just makes him look old. He's just become boring. I think he needs to become el Feroz of the past. He's not old by age but i liked him when he was younger.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc in 24 gamo.Good news here.I would like to see this fight.Margarito would win.Maybe.I think margarito should stop saying people are afraid of him.He has paul williams calling him out but he still tries to make PBF fight him.Dont get me wrong im a margarito fan but he should stop saying he's feared when people are calling him out.
    As for the vargas and mora fight,I would love to see it.Its a fight i'd pay to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jabvargas24
    cc in 24 gamo.Good news here.I would like to see this fight.Margarito would win.Maybe.I think margarito should stop saying people are afraid of him.He has paul williams calling him out but he still tries to make PBF fight him.Dont get me wrong im a margarito fan but he should stop saying he's feared when people are calling him out.
    As for the vargas and mora fight,I would love to see it.Its a fight i'd pay to see.
    Yeah he has some offers on the table. Williams is his manditory, Ishe Smith was calling him out and Golden Boy signed Winky to make an offer to him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welll I think as in he is an aging 28,after the war/beatings from Shane,Oscar and Tiiiiiiiittttttttoooooooooo! I mean I'm sure I heard he has back problems after/during the Mosley fight?

Quote Originally Posted by jabvargas24
    You clicked me today? Shucks,thanks bro. CC back. It's more to do with the promotion and stuff with Margarito and I think it is doing the job as in getting him exposure and secondly,I disagree,he speaks about Floyd only if he is asked about him,he has actually stated that he is over Floyd and sick of talking about it. As for peeps calling him out,well most are from Golden Boy(surprise surprise) and the others don't bring anything to the table. He wants unifications and big names,what would beating Ishe Smith(for example)prove? See what I mean?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Moseley, HAHAH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mora would beat the stuffing out of Vargas imo at this point in both of their careers.

But right now, why would Margarito fight Corrales? It would be impossible to convince me that somebody who gets knocked out at 130 and 135 is a threat to someone naturally a 147 and 154 pounder. This is getting pathetic imo.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information