Oscar De La Hoya has pulled the rug under from Tito Trinidad. According to a report by popular Boxing Scribe, Dan Rafael of ESPN.com, De La Hoya said he's finally finished with Trinidad for good. De La Hoya first discussed the option of fighting Tito Trinidad this summer in an interview with DoghouseBoxing's Coyote Duran, but that option now seems wiped off the table by the hands of De La Hoya. Some of the key issues had been money and weight. Trinidad's side wanted too much cash and over valued themselves, plus they wanted the fight at 160 pounds, a weight Oscar can not reach.

De La Hoya didn't mince words, telling Rafael: "I want to lay to rest the whole Trinidad situation. I am thinking that
Trinidad's father came out once again after a couple of years to call me out, which has been happening since we last fought. Trinidad retires and then his father comes out of the woodwork eventually, saying I'm a chicken, I'm a coward. It's really bad because I think truly the father maybe ran out of money or something, so he figures he can get his son to fight me and make some more money.

De La Hoya added: "I'm saying this fight is never going to happen. Let's lay it to rest. I can't make 160, he can't make 154. I can only make 160 if I eat tamales. It can't happen. They're asking 50-50. It is a joke, it's ridiculous. If you think about it, even if we offer them a 70-30 split my way, it will still be the biggest purse he ever made. He might as well take it."

To further express the fight will not happen, De La Hoya has told Richard Schaefer (negotiating on behalf of De La Hoya) to ignore Don King's (Trinidad's promoter) phone calls from now on.

De la Hoya tells ESPN, "I gave specific instructions to Richard not to answer his calls anymore. The train has left the station. They can call me a coward as much as they want, but the train has left. This fight will never happen."

Source of Quotes: Dan Rafael, ESPN.com

Doghouseboxing.com