Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leonard vs hearns 2nd fight was the war a draw ??

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default leonard vs hearns 2nd fight was the war a draw ??

well as i said on other board i used to think hearns won it easy but looking at it again recently leonard outlanded him and threw more by punchstats of course hearns scored 2 knockdowns even though first one looked more of hearns pushing him down with his arm when he missed it but anyway obviously 2 knockdowns were key but remember leonard battered hearns in 5th and 12th what maybe could of got 2 point rounds i think looking at it again recently a draw could be acceptable

ICB Guest

Default Re: leonard vs hearns 2nd fight was the war a draw ??

here is official punch stats

leonard threw 652 landed 232
    hearns threw 560 landed 221

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't watched it for about 3 years, but I thought that with the Knockdowns Hearns definitely won. It doesn't matter how impressively you win a round, you still only win 1 round. And fact is whilst Leonards winning rounds were impressive there were still only 10-9 rounds and worth no more in this scoring system than a very slightly edged round.
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BIG H
    I haven't watched it for about 3 years, but I thought that with the Knockdowns Hearns definitely won. It doesn't matter how impressively you win a round, you still only win 1 round. And fact is whilst Leonards winning rounds were impressive there were still only 10-9 rounds and worth no more in this scoring system than a very slightly edged round.
    good point but i thought if u dominated someone u got 2 point round maybe im mistaken ill upload 3 rd round for u because i didnt think 1st knockdown was really one looked hearns missed a punch maybe im mistaken ill have a look

ICB Guest

[youtube=425,350]gIjwOY2UtSo[/youtube]

right i just uploaded this 3rd round watch it and tell me what u think didnt look like knockdown to me and watch end of video because its got slow replay of knockdown so u can see it better

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearns did more than enough to get the win, Leonard himself admits the same these days...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Hearns did more than enough to get the win, Leonard himself admits the same these days...
    Yes. Thanks for saying that Miles. cc

And you too Ice Cold for suppling the information needed to make a non-biased judgement.
    I've seen that round before though. Sugar Ray Leonard was almost KO'd in that round. It's definitely a knockdown. I've never heard a debate of that knockdown, even from a Ray "nuthugger."

If it's not a knockdown, I don't know what is, because Ray was almost out. And I don't hear Leonard complaining on the tape or his corner. Ray, to this day, doesn't complain about that knockdown. He was HURT, almost out.

Damn that was a HIT! (That dynamite right that started it all.)

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Quote Originally Posted by miles
    Yes.  Thanks for saying that Miles. cc

And you too Ice Cold for suppling the information needed to make a non-biased judgement. 
    I've seen that round before though.  Sugar Ray Leonard was almost KO'd in that round.  It's definitely a knockdown.  I've never heard a debate of that knockdown, even from a Ray "fan." 

If it's not a knockdown, I don't know what is, because Ray was almost out.  And I don't hear Leonard complaining on the tape or his corner.  Ray, to this day, doesn't complain about that knockdown.  He was HURT, almost out. 

Damn that was a HIT!  (That dynamite right that started it all.) 
    the punch hit him before was good shot but knockdown punch looked liked it missed and cc back actually seeing it again it just grazed leonards head but it was more leonard ducking than actually punch because punch looked like it almost missed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

right i just uploaded this 3rd round watch it and tell me what u think didnt look like knockdown to me and watch end of video because its got slow replay of knockdown so u can see it better
    What does the announcer mean that leonard is trying to punch too hard Afraid he'll hurt Hearns lmao And no it didn't look like a knockdown. It looked like a miss and a push down by Hearns.

I've never seen the fight though.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And despite that it looked like about as much of a knockdown as Corrales's over Casamayor(third fight) Hearns won that round.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty

What does the announcer mean that leonard is trying to punch too hard Afraid he'll hurt Hearns lmao  And no it didn't look like a knockdown.  It looked like a miss and a push down by Hearns.  

if u wana see it i could upload it for u and i agree it was a push hearns won round though by mile

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What does the announcer mean that leonard is trying to punch too hard Afraid he'll hurt Hearns lmao And no it didn't look like a knockdown. It looked like a miss and a push down by Hearns.

if u wana see it i could upload it for u and i agree it was a push hearns won round though by mile
    How about the rounds you said Leonard battered Hearns in?

ICB Guest

How about the rounds you said Leonard battered Hearns in?
    alright ill upload em gimme 30 mins should be done he did dominate in rounds 5 and 12 i believe

ICB Guest

im uploading round 5 now to youtube

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im uploading round 5 now to youtube

Thread Information