Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Taylor vs. Ouma mismatch?

Taylor will knock him out badly....a silly fight on both sides...

El Kabong Guest

Well I will say this Jermain SHOULD blast Ouma out pretty easy.

If he doesn't I'm not sure he's going to be treated very nice by fans and EVERYONE will be gunning for him

I like Jermain but I'm no fool, he needs a BRILLIANT showing to win back over the guys who thought he lost to Hopkins and Wright.

This fight is probably just to get Taylor used to Manny's style as well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

But why does Ouma have to be the scapegoat for it? He doesn't need to be ruined when he's on the comeback at 154. He's brave I'll give him that..but, I see this similar to the Steelhammer vs Byrd fight.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    But why does Ouma have to be the scapegoat for it? He doesn't need to be ruined when he's on the comeback at 154. He's brave I'll give him that..but, I see this similar to the Steelhammer vs Byrd fight.
    Agreed. Ouma is foolish for taking this fight...it could very well end his career.

No need for this...I dont get it....

El Kabong Guest

....and he's a TINY 154 to begin with

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    ....and he's a TINY 154 to begin with
    Exactly. A very silly fight. I just dont get it.

El Kabong Guest

...why not fight Malinaggi, I'd like him to get whupped again!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree,Ouma is too small,silly move up and I dont' see what he can do to hurt Taylor. He was doing well at 154,I would rather have waited there and worked for my shot.

SigmaMu Guest

This will by no means end Oumas carreer (IMO)
    It's a shot at the title right? That is every fighters dream. I don't think JT is all that and he wont end Ouma's carreer.

Jermain Taylor vs. Kassim Ouma Dec. 9 in Little Rock
    Eastsideboxing.com

Little Rock, AR, October 11 — Home town hero Jermain “Bad Intentions” Taylor, the Undisputed and Undefeated World Middleweight Champion, will put his title on the line against Kassim “The Dream” Ouma on Saturday night, December 9, at Alltel Arena in North Little Rock, Arkansas, when DiBella Entertainment presents in association with Golden Boy Promotions and Peltz Boxing Promotions “Home for the Holidays: The Return of a Champion,” it was announced today by DBE president Lou DiBella.

HBO’s World Championship Boxing will telecast the event at 10:00 p.m. ET/ 7:00 p.m. PT & 9:00 p.m. CT.

This compelling title encounter pits Taylor (25-0-1, 17 KO’s), the megastar and favorite son of Arkansas against the cagey southpaw and resurgent Former World Champion Ouma (25-2-1, 15 KO’s).

Taylor will be making his sixth pro appearance in Little Rock, and his third at Alltel Arena.

Taylor first captured the Undisputed Middleweight Championship against the legendary Bernard Hopkins on July 16th 2005 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, NV, with a 12 round split decision triumph. He defended the title for the first time in a rematch on December 3, 2005 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas with a unanimous decision victory over the future Hall of Famer. Next, on June 17, 2006, in Memphis, Taylor successfully defended his title when he and Winky Wright fought to a draw. Taylor has not tasted defeat in his pro career, upending the likes of Former World Champions William Joppy and Raul Marquez, and “Contender” Champion Grady Brewer.

Ouma has won his last four contests to again emerge as a Contender for the middleweight championship, most recently handing the highly regarded Sechew Powell his first defeat on August 5 at the Theater at Madison Square Garden. Ouma, the 27 year old native of Kampala, Uganda, has also downed the likes of Verno Phillips, Marco Antonio Rubio, Kofi Jantuah and Carlos Bojorquez during an eight year pro career.

“Arkansas is Jermain Taylor Country and DBE’s home away from home. This title defense against the outstanding Kassim Ouma belongs at Alltel Arena, and we are thrilled to be able to deliver it,” said Taylor’s promoter, Lou DiBella.

“There’s nothing like home cooking, and I am proud to be fighting again in Little Rock,” said Taylor. “Since it is my first title defense in my hometown, it is sure to be a very special night, and I look forward to putting on a great show for all of my fans.”

“Fighting for the world middleweight title is a dream come true for me,” said Ouma. “After I lost to Roman Karmazin, it seemed like the end of the world. But I worked my way back and I know that I earned this fight with Jermain. I got a second chance and I will make the most of it.”

There are approximately 4500 tickets priced at $75 or less.

Tickets are on sale and are priced at $650, $500, $300, $200, $150, $125, $75, $45, & $25 (Students Under age 18, Seniors & Active Military). Available through the Alltel Arena Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets (501-975-7575) and Online at www.ticketmaster.com.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

about a year ago i would have gave ouma a much better chance. i think i overrated ouma and underrated taylor. after that performance he gave against winky i find it very hard to see jermain losin to ouma.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ouma should go after spinks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    I was scrolling fightnews and I saw this

Link to the picture = http://www.fightnews.com/taylor_ouma1.jpg

But, something about this just seems wrong to me
    Taylor should fight Calzaghe or Kessler.

SigmaMu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    ...why not fight Malinaggi, I'd like him to get whupped again!
    Lyle you crack me up sometimes.
    I was watching those two boys Don Omega and Iron Horse from Boxing4Real on youtube (Phuk I can't believe I know these azzholes nick names now) They said that Paulie M would give PBF the toughest fight of PBF's carreer.

LMAO.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

By no means is this fight a mis-match in my eyes, Taylor will win a decision but he won't stop Ouma & at the end of the night Taylors gonna know he's been in a fight!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Thread Information