Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mcgirt!!

So i just found out Buddy is training Paulie Malignaggi now!!
    alot of people wont care but im not ashamed to say im pretty big on paulie hes a good hard working kid, world champ in the making!!
    the kid has skills heart, hes real tough, cant nobody say he want impressive versus cotto he is harder then a coffin nail!
    this is a big plus for paulie just adds more potential for big fights now that people know what he is capable of and they know that he has a great trainer too and i look forward to improving each and every fight!
    good stuff for the magic man!!
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mcgirt!!

I am a fan of Malignaggi...I agree a future champion...He can box and has a decent chin...He goes down but gets back up.....As long as they fix the kinks though they are slight and don't put him in with guys he is not ready for he will succeed.....Right now he is a top 5 prospect in the sport....In a year or two he will be ready for the big time....The combanation between him and Buddy should work well
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It should as long as Buddy doesn't try to change his style and just fixes the areas Malignaggi needs to work on.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn
    I am a fan of Malignaggi...I agree a future champion...He can box and has a decent chin...He goes down but gets back up.....As long as they fix the kinks though they are slight and don't put him in with guys he is not ready for he will succeed.....Right now he is a top 5 prospect in the sport....In a year or two he will be ready for the big time....The combanation between him and Buddy should work well
    i picked up on this a while back but i read a comment from buddy on how theyr goner work on the little things...
    and the only big thing there is is paulie's power if you watch him fight he throw punches so fast... and speed is power? wrong speed along with snappy punches is power, buddy said were going to work on some technique inprove the snap in his punches and the more we train the better he will become...
    sounds excellent to me!!
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by body head banger
    i picked up on this a while back but i read a comment from buddy on how theyr goner work on the little things...
    and the only big thing there is is paulie's power if you watch him fight he throw punches so fast... and speed is power? wrong speed along with snappy punches is power, buddy said were going to work on some technique inprove the snap in his punches and the more we train the better he will become...
    sounds excellent to me!!
    peace
    Yeah, he said Paulie was an arm puncher his entire career and he's gonna work on teaching Paulie to use his body right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

sounds excellent to me!!
    peace

Agreed and like Majasty said just don't change him to much....IMO though I think Buddy is too smart of a trainer to mess with the formula...he will just perfect it...Time will tell

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    sounds excellent to me!!
    peace
    Yeah, he said Paulie was an arm puncher his entire career and he's gonna work on teaching Paulie to use his body right?
    yeh i think that was it bro!
    really when you see him fight its your typical kind of punch that is the kind that you throw if your tired or too tense , just throw it out there
    he doesnt really lean the shoulders or snap the body, doesnt really come up with punches of anything
    jus kinda ..throws em, i think the only thing that stops people from walking through them in the speed may add some sort of power to them and obv the commitment to landing his punches and the rest is his skills in other area's....
    all in all i think power is paulie's only problem , and hes been doing pretty well without power....
    hell.. with power theres no horizon for the guy
    im pretty excited to be honest :P
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    sounds excellent to me!!
    peace
    yeh i think that was it bro!
    really when you see him fight its your typical kind of punch that is the kind that you throw if your tired or too tense , just throw it out there
    he doesnt really lean the shoulders or snap the body, doesnt really come up with punches of anything
    jus kinda ..throws em, i think the only thing that stops people from walking through them in the speed may add some sort of power to them and obv the commitment to landing his punches and the rest is his skills in other area's....
    all in all i think power is paulie's only problem , and hes been doing pretty well without power....
    hell.. with power theres no horizon for the guy
    im pretty excited to be honest :P
    peace
    Yeah. I appreciate the fact that he tried to back up all the talk instead of just caving when he fought Cotto, he tried, so he's for real.

SigmaMu Guest

I will say this again in another way. Credit for surviving 6 rounds with Cotto.

After the sixth round Paulie was fighting a one handed/fisted fighter.

I am not trying to start no trouble here but if you look back on the Castillo?Mayweather fight, PBF has an injured wing. Look what happend to Castillo in the second fight. If Paulie ever decides to step up to Cotto again, Cotto will put a much worse hurting on Paulie than the first fight. It is hard to be impressive when you have an injured wing and it's very easy for the opponent to look good agains an injured fighter. I guess Paulie did not know Cotto had a boxers fracture. I think had he known, he might have just tried to knock Cotto out. I am sure the broken jaw was really hurting. Oh well... The would have, could have, should haves in life are many.

I still like the kid Paulie but he can't get down with the bad boys in his division. Hatton would beat Paulie to a bloody pulp. ( I shouldnt have mentioned the best but it's true) Pualie is going to have to chose his fights very carefully. He has been prone to get injured one way or another and the lay offs are not very beneficail for him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G

I am not trying to start no trouble here but if you look back on the Castillo?Mayweather fight, PBF has an injured wing. Look what happend to Castillo in the second fight. If Paulie ever decides to step up to Cotto again, Cotto will put a much worse hurting on Paulie than the first fight. It is hard to be impressive when you have an injured wing and it's very easy for the opponent to look good agains an injured fighter. I guess Paulie did not know Cotto had a boxers fracture. I think had he known, he might have just tried to knock Cotto out. I am sure the broken jaw was really hurting. Oh well... The would have, could have, should haves in life are many.

I still like the kid Paulie but he can't get down with the bad boys in his division. Hatton would beat Paulie to a bloody pulp. ( I shouldnt have mentioned the best but it's true) Pualie is going to have to chose his fights very carefully. He has been prone to get injured one way or another and the lay offs are not very beneficail for him.
    if Malignaggi and Cotto ever fight again then Malignaggi is going to be more experienced as well and depending on how they look in about 2 years I might pick Malignaggi to win. But thats my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mcgirt trains too many people. i think paullie would be better with mayweather sr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mcgirts a good trainer but i think he jinxs his fighters...tarver and gatti ofcourse but also i see him on the losing end alot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G

i do agree with what you say in most area's
    but i'll explain how i feel about paulie.
    i think he has alot of skill and shows promise, and has heart getting up after cotto knocked him down..
    especially for one cos cotto is a big bad man to step up to on his first step up to the top and he had heart because he got up, and cotto walked through pualie for a while cos of paulie's lack of power
    im hoping paulie will come back and with mcgirts help will have gained some strength and power, improve his technique and he'll be back ready for the big time,
    yes cotto hurt his hand, but if paulie sorts out his power problem then i dont feel cotto would walk through him in the same way. and i feel a rematch with these stats to each fighter would end much the same as the first fight a good tough 12 round decision , more likely to cotto, but paulie is up there with the big shots , probably couldnt hang with hattons style, but i can see him beating lazcano or lieja
    maybe corrales if he steps up to 140 instead of going all the way to 147
    i see him beating witter and fighters like corley etc

Quote Originally Posted by means2184
    Mcgirts a good trainer but i think he jinxs his fighters...tarver and gatti ofcourse but also i see him on the losing end alot
    this is how it seems form the outside looking in but if you ask my opinion and i will back up my reasons none of this is down to buddy, he got gatti and tarver into brilliant shape and touched up theyr skill but he cant do much for a fraud and for a guy who has more heart then god given skill
    most people including gatti fans will admit that gatti is a superb warrior and has all the heart in the world and he always fights the best , but hes never quite been the elite and after so many fighs buddy can help arturo here and there but when it comes to fight time hes goner go back to what hes used to which is jumping in at the deep end and giving it his all while taking alot of punishment.
    as for tarver....
    hes a fraud he was never the best.. he's second tier
    he lost to eric harding, then beat harding fair enough 1 and 1
    then lost a fair fight to roy jones probably my favourite showing from roy due to the heart he showed to get the win, so tarver spits his dummy out just because it was fairly close and gets the rematch...
    but roy was shot in the first fight and if he wasnt completely shot in the first he was done by the second.... roy was weak, tired quickly kept taking breaks against the roped didnt have the reflexes just the heart and in the mid stages roy looked like he just didnt want it enough.. and pulled through
    second fight yhe got caught and ko'd
    third fight he just didnt want it enough and looked tired and settled for poking his toungue out at tarver through his guard, and sitting on the roped and concentrated on not getting ko'd for a decision loss....
    so tarver goes off films rocky.... apparently he may have been up at 220 pounds its not certain but if he made the heavywieght limit just to film rocky came back down to fight bhop, what happens , point number one... both he and rjj lost to glen johnson.. mr average with alot of heart why? cos roy is shot and tarver is no more then average
    two: from these fights he gained recognition and a few titles here and there and thinks hes a legend killer and bernard was the real step up and he just couldnt hang with a true champ who wasnt yet shot as a fighter...
    three- he too lost all the wieght the power the stamina .. and he just didnt push himself to get the win against bhop just like roy jones...
    this is why i think tarver was never at the top level
    but buddy... buddy is still the reason why gatti won the ward series
    and the reason that tarver isnt dead after fighting hopkins...lol
    hes a good trainer but hes been wasting his time on tarver and he cant teach an old dog new tricks
    lol long opinion
    peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't blame Buddy for that.

Julio, Tarver and Gatti didn't do what he told them to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    I don't blame Buddy for that.

Julio, Tarver and Gatti didn't do what he told them to do.
    since this thread's convo is running a little dry... and i been meaning to say this for a while anyway...
    starr if thats you in your pic.....
    you look like youve closed your eyes ready to be spunked on!!
    yeh i said it!!
    hah peace
    Immortal Technique

Thread Information