Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: calzaghes fight SPOILERS DONT ENTER IF U DONT WANA KNOW RESULTS

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default calzaghes fight SPOILERS DONT ENTER IF U DONT WANA KNOW RESULTS

well he fought crap that guy was coming on in later rounds i really liked calzaghe but my estimation of him has gone down now really disappointing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: calzaghes fight SPOILERS DONT ENTER IF U DONT WANA KNOW RESULTS

same here everyone has a bad day every now and again, a wins win tho, scrappy fight but joe deserved the win, any thoughts on if he fights kess?

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gally
    same here everyone has a bad day every now and again, a wins win tho, scrappy fight but joe deserved the win, any thoughts on if he fights kess?
    im just really disappointed well if he fights like he did tonight kess will beat him if he gets his form back calzaghe wins

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't over react... I doubt Kessler is that strong and he will box with Calzaghe rather than hold, butt and spoil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joe will be a completely different fighter if he fights kess , he always performs against the top guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HAHAHA WOOOOHOOOO! Thats the way bika, from what ive seen he gave joe absolute hell! This is proof that joe fights to the level of his opponents OR maybe lacy was just one dimensional. Oi and before anyone criticises the way bika fought joe and saying he was dirty, yeah watch this fight and then watch hatton/tszyu and tell me hatton aint a dirty fucker. Anyway Calzaghe won but cmon bika aint kessler, kessler does hit hard and can box. Hes different to lacy who could hit hard but not box.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now I bet wacko a month of coolclicks that on Calzaghe's next outing he would look normal and average... oh wait!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If i hit the first two posters with my head as many times as Bika hit Calzaghe, both of you would be knocked out. Bika should have been disqualified.

Calzaghe did the job, it wasn't pretty, he got caught up in trying to perform for the yanks.

At least now you can't accuse him of ducking apponants.

Make no mistake about it, Bika is a tough fighter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Now I bet wacko a month of coolclicks that on Calzaghe's next outing he would look normal and average... oh wait!!
    So yeah starr, you and i would be quite foolish to think a mere anthony mundine or mikkel kessler could beat the great joe calzaghe aye Considering Bika is the best the division has to offer and calzaghe took this superfight and really rose to the occasion. Sorry people but ive been saying it to everyone since joe beat lacy, i picked him to beat lacy by a comfortable UD. Lacy was one dimensional.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by eideteker
    If i hit the first two posters with my head as many times as Bika hit Calzaghe, both of you would be knocked out. Bika should have been disqualified.

Calzaghe did the job, it wasn't pretty, he got caught up in trying to perform for the yanks.

At least now you can't accuse him of ducking apponants.

Make no mistake about it, Bika is a tough fighter.

Good? Compared to who

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Compared to you!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey
    HAHAHA WOOOOHOOOO! Thats the way bika, from what ive seen he gave joe absolute hell! This is proof that joe fights to the level of his opponents OR maybe lacy was just one dimensional. Oi and before anyone criticises the way bika fought joe and saying he was dirty, yeah watch this fight and then watch hatton/tszyu and tell me hatton aint a dirty f*****. Anyway Calzaghe won but cmon bika aint kessler, kessler does hit hard and can box. Hes different to lacy who could hit hard but not box.
    Hatton was dirty...
    Bika was in the same league.

I agree... Bika isn't Kessler... Kessler would stand and box like I said... Bika's plan was to out muscle and spoil Calzaghe to overcome him... Calzaghe fought a stupid fight to impress on HBO and there you have it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    HAHAHA WOOOOHOOOO! Thats the way bika, from what ive seen he gave joe absolute hell! This is proof that joe fights to the level of his opponents OR maybe lacy was just one dimensional. Oi and before anyone criticises the way bika fought joe and saying he was dirty, yeah watch this fight and then watch hatton/tszyu and tell me hatton aint a dirty f*****. Anyway Calzaghe won but cmon bika aint kessler, kessler does hit hard and can box. Hes different to lacy who could hit hard but not box.
    Hatton was dirty...
    Bika was in the same league.

I agree... Bika isn't Kessler... Kessler would stand and box like I said... Bika's plan was to out muscle and spoil Calzaghe to overcome him... Calzaghe fought a stupid fight to impress on HBO and there you have it.
    CC. Now thats why i like talking about boxing with you. You call it like you see it. And yeah if bika was in the same league as hatton was that night, damn joe you gotta be hurting. I think if joe takes another fight like this hes really risking his hands. I think he needs just to fight kessler and then hang them up.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    So yeah starr, you and i would be quite foolish to think a mere anthony mundine or mikkel kessler could beat the great joe calzaghe aye Considering Bika is the best the division has to offer and calzaghe took this superfight and really rose to the occasion. Sorry people but ive been saying it to everyone since joe beat lacy, i picked him to beat lacy by a comfortable UD. Lacy was one dimensional.
    yes I mean the world beater Bika is a lot then we gave him credit for but he's not in the league of a Mundine or a Kessler. But I've been hearing so long how Joe was so complete master boxer etc etc etc and had to hear that Calzaghe would knock out Roy and etc and I kept telling everyone when Calzaghe has a next fight against a halfway live guy he will struggle and look ordinary.. no one believed me. I bet wacko a month of coolclicks on it

And so.. after the rbr tonight, I will collect

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

CC

I'd love to see him fight Kessler.

After watching Calzaghe tonight, I don't think he could beat woods. He was tough and stood infront of Bika who is a very strong bloke... but he couldn't move him and was definetly weaker in that respect.

If don't have him being better than Woods in the skill deparment and his team would have to work a miracle to move him up and get him strong enough for Woods, who is skilled on the outside and inside and strong on the inside.

people assume that because Calzaghe was able to out box, fight and muscle Jeff Lacy, with his bulked up physique that he would be strong enough to stand with Woods, who's build really denys his strength.

I expect Woods to UD him based off seeing Calzaghe fighting some one is is probably a 175 fighter, granted Calzaghe will gain strength if he moves up, but enough?

Thread Information