Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Joe Calzaghe vs Mikkel Kessler

Worth putting 20bux on at the bookies lol mundine with all the belts by 2008..

calzaghe beats kesslr, brakes his hands in mundine fight and new champ :O - bet u get good odds to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aussies love a wager don't they, I bet they've already got their houses on it

Quote Originally Posted by barbaro
    anthony mundine will easily defeat mikkel kessler in there rematch next year,safest bet of all time.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsdan
    Aussies love a wager don't they, I bet they've already got their houses on it

Quote Originally Posted by barbaro
    anthony mundine will easily defeat mikkel kessler in there rematch next year,safest bet of all time.
    mate u gotta back ur hometown boy.. but beat kessler easyily?i dont think so..

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Worth putting 20bux on at the bookies lol mundine with all the belts by 2008..

calzaghe beats kesslr, brakes his hands in mundine fight and new champ :O - bet u get good odds to
    Ozzys love there boxing and aint had alot to smile about lately so for me i wouldnt mind seeing that happening

love it hahahahahaha

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The undisputed Super middleweight champion of the world Anthony "theblacksuperman" Mundine.

Me thinks not.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shouldnt laugh really. Everyone knows that Mundane had a broken neck or sumink for that fight.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Shouldnt laugh really. Everyone knows that Mundane had a broken neck or sumink for that fight.
    yeah but he only had 10 pro fights when that happened and no amature fights but i glad u all had a laugh ur a funny bunch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Saddo
    Glen is done... Jones is done... Froch aint ready
    If Froch aint ready at age 29 - What are the chances he ever will be?
    The guy is a joke the way he boasts and fails to deliver.

Bute - 4 years younger - at this stage has much more talent and is already a far greater danger.

Forget about Froch and open up the eyes for the talent that matters - there's plenty comming up.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by stavros693000
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    yeah but he only had 10 pro fights when that happened and no amature fights but i glad u all had a laugh ur a funny bunch
    Dont forget, he wasn't really hurt in that picture when ferocious punching Sven knocked him sparko he was just a bit tired, thats all.....Snakey will attest to this

3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

didnt see the Kessler fight but to KO Beyer is a fantastic achivement and now deserves his shot BIGTIME...

and he will get it IMO that is why HBO showcased the 2 cards together...

Kessler shined
    Joe didn't

now everyone is saying Joe is scared of Kessler... and Kessler will KO him... PLEASE

lets not get carried away here before last night this fight wanst even a good matchup... now its superfight... Great promoting by HBO.

THIS FIGHT WILL HAPPEN... FORGET HOPKINS TALK.

WARREN AINT STUPID
    Being in the states and having actually watched the HBO broadcast, it's clear to me that HBO has absolutely no interest in a Calzaghe-Kessler fight. HBO did not showcase the Kessler-Beyer fight--they showed a 2-second clip of the KO, before going on to say that Kessler would be mere icing on the cake, but that Joe needs to fight Hopkins or Wright to answer the question of whether he's a GREAT fighter, as opposed to just a very good fighter. Kellerman and Lampley both said that beating Kessler would not prove anything about greatness.

I have to say, I tend to agree. Despite Hopkins' age, he's still ranked higher P4P than Calzaghe is (as is Wright), and is coming off of a dominating performance against Tarver; Kessler is not on anyone's P4P list. I'm not saying that Kessler's pure hype--I've never seen his fights--but he indisputably does not have a resume approaching future HOFers Wright and Hopkins, and beating him would not be anywhere near as meaningful (or lucrative) as beating either of those two.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dumdane
    is he 29... always thought he was early twenties... but never really thought about it if im honest

mind you his next fight will tell us more about where he is at and going

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by shza

didnt see the Kessler fight but to KO Beyer is a fantastic achivement and now deserves his shot BIGTIME...

and he will get it IMO that is why HBO showcased the 2 cards together...

Kessler shined
    Joe didn't

now everyone is saying Joe is scared of Kessler... and Kessler will KO him... PLEASE

lets not get carried away here before last night this fight wanst even a good matchup... now its superfight... Great promoting by HBO.

THIS FIGHT WILL HAPPEN... FORGET HOPKINS TALK.

WARREN AINT STUPID
    Being in the states and having actually watched the HBO broadcast, it's clear to me that HBO has absolutely no interest in a Calzaghe-Kessler fight. HBO did not showcase the Kessler-Beyer fight--they showed a 2-second clip of the KO, before going on to say that Kessler would be mere icing on the cake, but that Joe needs to fight Hopkins or Wright to answer the question of whether he's a GREAT fighter, as opposed to just a very good fighter. Kellerman and Lampley both said that beating Kessler would not prove anything about greatness.

I have to say, I tend to agree. Despite Hopkins' age, he's still ranked higher P4P than Calzaghe is (as is Wright), and is coming off of a dominating performance against Tarver; Kessler is not on anyone's P4P list. I'm not saying that Kessler's pure hype--I've never seen his fights--but he indisputably does not have a resume approaching future HOFers Wright and Hopkins, and beating him would not be anywhere near as meaningful (or lucrative) as beating either of those two.
    cheers for that no one corrected me on that one... sounds like you may be right as i read they were showing both fights back to back as advertised before they happened and this is the first time ive found out that wasnt the case... that sucks really as we got the KO highlight in the UK.

i mean 9 minutes of action wouldn't have been that hard to fit in to the schedule... but then if its not a fight there after then they wouldn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by dumdane
    is he 29... always thought he was early twenties... but never really thought about it if im honest

mind you his next fight will tell us more about where he is at and going
    Nope. Older than Kessler, about same age as Lacy. Sure he's got heavy hands. But he'd be unable to achieve a points victory against anyone noteworthy.

He'll also get murdered the minute he steps up to quality opposition - no defence.

Forget about him. - If you want young promissing talent at SMW - go for Bute

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[/quote]
    Kessler has a few disadvantages - his manager (Mogens Palle) stinks and has been succesfull spoiling many talents. Basicly Palle´s last succes was Ayub Kalule 30 years ago. And Kessler dosn´t bring a lot of commercial hype coming from a small country. But if you havn´t seen his fights you wouldn´t qualify as an expert
    As I see it the "meaning of boxing" is about beating the best. And right now Calzaghe and Kessler are the best!
    But you seem to be right in the sense that Calzaghe obviously doesn´t want to end his career meeting Kessler in his next match. So we probably have to wait 1-2 years and then Calzaghe wont have a chance in hell. Sad but true...

Thread Information