Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jorge Arce

every time i hear about him, read about him or think about him, i think one of the most underrated active boxers...

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    every time i hear about him, read about him or think about him, i think one of the most underrated active boxers...
    And un-appreciated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great to see you guys know your shat!! Arce is the man! I just hope he gets the big fights soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

exciting fighter. Wish he'd fight Darchiniyan.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like to watch him fight but his level of opposition has been testing my patience a bit (his stint at 112 was pretty much a wash, Hussein twice, good fighter but not anywhere near elite, and then a past his prime guy like Alvarez and then a mediocre guy in Rivas) There's no reason for the Vic fight not to happen, Vic has been hounding him, calling him out every other day.

I don't think its him so much, I just think his promoter thinks, well he's already popular in Mexico and for a 112-115 guy he's got a lot of fans that like him in America, that like his style, his attitude, the lollipop, etc. I'm afraid there thinking we can draw crowds and get him on HBO fighting guys like Hawk, so why fight Arce, or Parra, or Castillo if were already making money fighting guys that aren't a risk. Hopefully, I'm wrong and they'll make a big fight. The Vic fight should have ALREADY happened, it should happen soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    And un-appreciated

I think a lot of that has to do with his weight class... Only die hards like us who will watch any fight at any size have truly seen all of him....Anone who has seen one of his fights and doesn't appreciate what this guy brings to the ring every time win or lose they don't know SHIT about this sport....This doesn't mean I think he is the greatest fighter out there but have to love what he brings to the table...been a while since we have had a blood and guts guy like Arce....
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vic isnt going to keep calling him out! He has been doing so for at least a year! Jorge Arce would be a lot quicker than Vic, BUT Vics power would be way too much. I have watched Vic sparring, taking big shots, nothing even makes him shrug. He spars against Middles and S/Middles, and they cant rock him. Arce could build a lead in points, but Vic will eventually catch him and hurt him. Arce will be in Vics face, that would be his downfall!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Zarzoff
    Vic isnt going to keep calling him out! He has been doing so for at least a year! Jorge Arce would be a lot quicker than Vic, BUT Vics power would be way too much. I have watched Vic sparring, taking big shots, nothing even makes him shrug. He spars against Middles and S/Middles, and they cant rock him. Arce could build a lead in points, but Vic will eventually catch him and hurt him. Arce will be in Vics face, that would be his downfall!

yeah but MAN!!!!! However long it lasted it would be damn exciting lol....

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definately Daxx mate. It would be an all out war. Bring it on hey?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo
    Awesome fighter,never in a dull fight,very charismatic too,if he was in a higher weight class,he would be a big big star. I agree,he needs a few more big fights BUT his level of competition has been very good,look at the guys he has fought and their records.
    Hey mate ! one of the best fights he was in was vs Carbijal ! F****** fantastic fight !
    He was schoolin Carbajal, until that TKO. As a side note Carbajal still trains fighters at his gym out here.

That was a great performance by arce if he would have not left him self open he would have won that fight, man he was throwing like six punch combos. funny how during the interview Carbajal looked like he lost both eyes were black and he looked beat up, not a scratch on arce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carbijal was a great fighter . He was 32 years old when he fought Arce, and in the lighter divisions that pretty damn old. I think Michael showed great poise in that fight , Michael never gave up and when the time was just right he put on the beat down. Great fight ,and a great win for Carbijal to retire WBO Light flyweight champion, pretty kick ass ! thought Arce fought brilliantly also and won the majority of the action packed rounds , made for a very entertaining fight

Thread Information