Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default THIS is Margarito!?!?!?

I was looking for some vids on youtube so I can put together a boxing vid(I'm working on 3) Trinidad, JMM and Margarito.

And I was looking for some Margarito ones and I stuble across this copy of the 6 heads lewis fight.

and .... (turn off the sound)

[youtube=425,350]hEtJGYhcUMI[/youtube]

Looks to me like he's getting outboxed before Margarito finally lowered the boom on his no chin. But THAT is the guy people think Mayweather is afraid of If you get outboxed by 6 heads lewis.....

Anyway back to what I was doing, just thought you should see it.

Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: THIS is Margarito!?!?!?

You mean this is the only footage of Tony you have ever seen?

I don't know what fight you were watching, (lewis missed a lot) but that is Margarito. He takes a few blows to land his own hard body shots. Did you not see the body shots? Tony landed some nice power shots in that fight too. Tony Destroyed all 6 of lewis' heads in that fight in under two rounds.

Tony is a slow starter and has even been dropped early (like Tito) but he get's back up and does his thing. I don't care what people say about the Daniel Santos fight. It was a good fight and it was Tony's debut @ 154. Tony is a Welter not a Jr. Middleweight and did pretty good in that fight against a tough southpaw. Several clashings of the heads ended that fight and Santos got the hometown decision. The fight could have gone either way. Santos was 10 lbs heavier in that fight against Tony and Tony still was rocking him. I think it is fair to say that Tony does not have the power at Jr. Middle that he has at Welter. (Santos has a tough beard)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was an outstanding video and you deserve a CC. Lewis may have 6 heads but it's a fact that he has no chin. Lewis looked like he was in command until the big shot, he has a long way to go before people label him the most dangerous opponent out there (Arum).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just goes to show how different people can view the same thing and see it totally different. I didn't think that Lewis was in control. Just cause he was showboating, and he is faster, he wasn't landing clean shots. And he got clobbered. Don't see any outboxing at all.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    I was looking for some vids on youtube so I can put together a boxing vid(I'm working on 3) Trinidad, JMM and Margarito.

And I was looking for some Margarito ones and I stuble across this copy of the 6 heads lewis fight.

Looks to me like he's getting outboxed before Margarito finally lowered the boom on his no chin. But THAT is the guy people think Mayweather is afraid of If you get outboxed by 6 heads lewis.....

Yea Floyd would jump in and out and just Frustrate the Hell out of Tony...Trust me Floyd has a mean Streak as well Dont be suprised if you see Tony Getting ROughed up in the Clinch..I like the Mayweather Forearm pressing down the back of the head as well as Pushing off and pushing off with the Forearm under the nose grinding as he pushes off....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito has improved a lot since the 6 Heads destruction...that being said...6 gave him a lot of issues just watching that clip.

Never seen that fight admittedly though.

Floyd moves a hell of a lot more than that & hits harder than 6 Heads.

I still say that Floyd would dominate Margarito.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Majesty no ones claiming that Tony is invincible, or untouchable no.... He'll get hit, he'll get outboxed but you see the line that I highlighted......
    Thats the thing you can stick and move you can do all your waist movement you can do all that, but when he lands his shots you better be ready.
    The sentence you put made me laugh....
    "before Margarito finally lowered the boom on his no chin" well OK..... thats how he fights he'll let you fire away and he takes 2 to land 1. Watch more Tony clips and you'll see it, thats something hes been criticised for before he turns too much of a counter puncher and needs to initiate action rather then wait around for his opponents.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK

Majesty no ones claiming that Tony is invincible, or untouchable no.... He'll get hit, he'll get outboxed but you see the line that I highlighted......
    Thats the thing you can stick and move you can do all your waist movement you can do all that, but when he lands his shots you better be ready.
    The sentence you put made me laugh....
    "before Margarito finally lowered the boom on his no chin" well OK..... thats how he fights he'll let you fire away and he takes 2 to land 1. Watch more Tony clips and you'll see it, thats something hes been criticised for before he turns too much of a counter puncher and needs to initiate action rather then wait around for his opponents.
    Won't help him when before his response his opponent(Floyd) is already halfway across the ring now would it?
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Margarito has improved a lot since the 6 Heads destruction...that being said...6 gave him a lot of issues just watching that clip.

Never seen that fight admittedly though.

Floyd moves a hell of a lot more than that & hits harder than 6 Heads.

I still say that Floyd would dominate Margarito.
    Yep me too
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Sixheads" Lewis aint that bad a fighter my boxing friends ! A tall southpaw. Sure he don't win them all, but he comes to fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lords Gym
    "Sixheads" Lewis aint that bad a fighter my boxing friends ! A tall southpaw. Sure he don't win them all, but he comes to fight.

He left his skills in the shatter(quite literally)

His last fight he quit because of that reason

http://boxrec.com/boxer_display.php?boxer_id=19624

First fight was a headbutt and could nt continue, second fight against the same guy he was winning then left to go to the bathroom, then the third fight is going to happen in december, I wonder what happens then.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes

First fight was a headbutt and could nt continue, second fight against the same guy he was winning then left to go to the bathroom, then the third fight is going to happen in december, I wonder what happens then.
    I don't blame him.... When you gotta go, you gotta... What can I say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Quote Originally Posted by P.G.H Angel Eyes

I don't blame him.... When you gotta go, you gotta... What can I say

Gotta go gotta go gotta go right now! Someone should upload that fight and put the "Gotta go right now" song to it when he runs out of the ring

You know it's possible... see what can be done with the running scene from Bloodsport

[youtube=425,350]N_IAb_XmVa8[/youtube]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In regards to PBF fighting Tony.

Tony has the exact same style of chico, except he hits harder. But he's punches are not tight or particularly fast.
    Mayweather will not only move more than williams, he'll hit twice as hard with 3 times the accuarcy.
    Nuff said there
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i remember watching that fight. it was a few years back now though to be fair. 6 heads was getting ready to do an ali shuffle before margarito let go and got lucky.

Thread Information