Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Vitali Klitschko

You know I dont care what anyone says...The Current crop of Heavies are just plain weak...You can list all the POTENTIAL fighters but at the end of the day its still dismal division..I dont think we will have a universally recognized champ anytime soon...

Vitali was the last and everyone knew he was the man...I wish he could make a comeback he is the only possible fighter that stands head and shoulders above the rest..

I am not sold on Wlad just yet....He has yet to show that true rugged grit that is synonmous with a Heavyweight Champ...Wlad to me has to show he isint going to get spooked when he gets buzzed by a punch and he can dig in there and war...The fight with Byrd showed nothing an we all knew what the outcome would be since Byrd dosent pack much of a punch...

Sadly enough The likeleness of Vitali coming back is slim to none seeing he has the back and knee issues but it was nice to see some clarity after Lennox Lewis, even though it was only a short time..

What are your thoughts

ICB Guest

Default Re: Vitali Klitschko

sadly jt i dont see him coming back like he said he will only come out of retirement if lewis did but he was good boxer i was impressed with him against lewis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    sadly jt i dont see him coming back like he said he will only come out of retirement if lewis did but he was good boxer i was impressed with him against lewis
    Also he bought a certain grit,ruggedness and Credibility....No of the current guys would last more than 7 rounds...IMO the only one that would push him the farthest is Sergei Lykovitch only cause he is a tough mutha...But they all fall

Valuev-KO 6
    Maskaev-Ko 5
    Wlad(They Would never fight) but Vitai would KTFO his brother round 3
    Lykovitch- TKO 10

El Kabong Guest

"Todays heavyweights aren't that bad" - Mike Tyson

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is that true that Vitali would come back for Lewis?

There is always a low after the departure of a dominant champion. Vitali could have saved us from that by picking up where Lewis left off. Unfortunately it didnt happen, we aren't that lucky.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Yeah I think Vitali would come back and whup Lewis which is why Lennox has a BONUS for staying retired

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Yeah I think Vitali would come back and whup Lewis which is why Lennox has a BONUS for staying retired
    Yeah, he does. A deal with HBO, and money. What's Vitali's bonus?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

vitali would beat any HW today, probably beat LL if both came back. although he didnt have all the belts, he was in my mind the 'true' HW champion.

however, hes not coming back. hes going to pursue a politcal career. dont get me wrong, i was a HUGE fan of the guy, and i would LOVE to see him back, but i think if it was gonna happen it would have already. he dosnet need money, he legs will never be at 100%(old kickboxing injuries), and has nothing more to prove.

its time for boxing fans to except Wlad as the next true HW champ if he beats brock, and for klitschko fans to except Wlad as 'their guy', because the chances of Big Brother coming back are very slim.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ethanpiazza
    vitali would beat any HW today, probably beat LL if both came back. although he didnt have all the belts, he was in my mind the 'true' HW champion.

however, hes not coming back. hes going to pursue a politcal career. dont get me wrong, i was a HUGE fan of the guy, and i would LOVE to see him back, but i think if it was gonna happen it would have already. he dosnet need money, he legs will never be at 100%(old kickboxing injuries), and has nothing more to prove.

its time for boxing fans to except Wlad as the next true HW champ if he beats brock, and for klitschko fans to except Wlad as 'their guy', because the chances of Big Brother coming back are very slim.
    Didn't he just lose the election though?
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanpiazza

Didn't he just lose the election though?
    Yes,he lost. He was running for the mayor of Keiv I think. Maybe he is getting bored?

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking
    Yeah, he does. A deal with HBO, and money. What's Vitali's bonus?
    Hmmm...life without being punched in the face, less surgery, and a life of politics where he can help more people...Vitali and Wlad have done great things for UNESCO already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock
    You know I dont care what anyone says...The Current crop of Heavies are just plain weak...You can list all the POTENTIAL fighters but at the end of the day its still dismal division..I dont think we will have a universally recognized champ anytime soon...

Vitali was the last and everyone knew he was the man...I wish he could make a comeback he is the only possible fighter that stands head and shoulders above the rest..

I am not sold on Wlad just yet....He has yet to show that true rugged grit that is synonmous with a Heavyweight Champ...Wlad to me has to show he isint going to get spooked when he gets buzzed by a punch and he can dig in there and war...The fight with Byrd showed nothing an we all knew what the outcome would be since Byrd dosent pack much of a punch...

Sadly enough The likeleness of Vitali coming back is slim to none seeing he has the back and knee issues but it was nice to see some clarity after Lennox Lewis, even though it was only a short time..

What are your thoughts
    Honestly...I really REALLY REALLY loved Vitali.

Always have & always will. I was totally disgusted with the carnival that he became at the end...that circus act of not facing Rahman was retarded...he should have kicked the shit outta him & then retired. He woulda gained more credit, IWO.

Anywho...as I said...I've always been a Vitali fan...& I always caught a lot of flack over it.

Vitali was the real deal & he was completely awkwardly effective.

There wasn't another heavy out there like him nor (IWO) was there one that could beat him.

Wlad is starting to grow on me...basically just due to the fact that there isn't another heavy out there like him & the kid is pretty amazing...but to me...he aint no Vitali.

Say what you will about him...hate all you want...the man was the best that 200+ had to offer.

Had he stayed in the game...there probably wouldn't be that much crying over the sorry state of the divsion right now.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for the thoughts also.

Good post.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I alway's thought he was the better fighter out of the two brothers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brazilianbomber
    I alway's thought he was the better fighter out of the two brothers.

Funny thing is...so did I.

Ask Lyle, he used to gimmee shit over digging on Vitali & not Wlad.

Thread Information