User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Diet - Losing Weight

Share/Bookmark
    AC-Cobra Guest

Default Diet - Losing Weight

I have finally taken up boxing seriously and done away with all other sports. I train 3+ times a week with running (distance) intersperesed throughout the week.

I'm 6"1', I currently weigh 13 " 8' (85kg) and my coach wants me to, if possible (which he believes it is, im doubtful but trusting him) make it down to 76kg (middleweight limit). I would put my build as athletic, neither fat nor skinny, basically just need further shaping up.

I was just wondering if any of you guys could recommend a good diet regime that will help me with these goals?

Thanks in advance

AC

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Diet - Losing Weight

Quote Originally Posted by AC-Cobra
    I have finally taken up boxing seriously and done away with all other sports. I train 3+ times a week with running (distance) intersperesed throughout the week.

I'm 6"1', I currently weigh 13 " 8' (85kg) and my coach wants me to, if possible (which he believes it is, im doubtful but trusting him) make it down to 76kg (middleweight limit). I would put my build as athletic, neither fat nor skinny, basically just need further shaping up.

I was just wondering if any of you guys could recommend a good diet regime that will help me with these goals?

Thanks in advance

AC
    Do your running first thing in the morning before you eat.
    Make sure you are eating small portions 6 times a day.
    No Carbs after 5, no food at all after 8.
    You could look into supplementing with CLA as well, it's not too expensive, but do some research and see if it's right for you.
    Drink lots of water.
    Eat lots of veggies and lean meats.
    When you get breads make sure that they are made from whole grain flour, not enriched flour.
    NO TRANS FATS.
    Avoid sugary foods, blah, blah, blah you know that one.
    Do some light weight-lifting twice a week.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

AC-Cobra Guest

Thanks killer.

Could you elaborate on CLA and specifically what TRANS Fats are??

The no carbs after five is gonna be the big shift for me, I mostly have rice and pasta for dinner with my meat (student, easy to cook), but if thats whats gonna make the difference ill go for it. Would it be advisable to load up on carbs earlier in the day (big lunch or something) or just cut them down in general?

What are the benefits of running specifically before you eat in the morning??

Also if anyone has any specific info about what I should, shouldnt eat after a heavy boxing training session (I usually finish by four if im gonna eat after).

Tahnks again killer cc

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks killer.

Could you elaborate on CLA and specifically what TRANS Fats are??

The no carbs after five is gonna be the big shift for me, I mostly have rice and pasta for dinner with my meat (student, easy to cook), but if thats whats gonna make the difference ill go for it. Would it be advisable to load up on carbs earlier in the day (big lunch or something) or just cut them down in general?

What are the benefits of running specifically before you eat in the morning??

Also if anyone has any specific info about what I should, shouldnt eat after a heavy boxing training session (I usually finish by four if im gonna eat after).

Tahnks again killer cc
    CLA = Conjugated Linoleic Acid, here is a good article basically it helps your fat cells from getting bigger and promotes growth of lean muscle mass when you get back to your regular weight level http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mike8.htm

Trans Fat = here is a good article on trans fats, it's basically good for your heart to cut them out. Look for anything that says "hydrogenated" anything on the ingredients http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2003/503_fats.html

It's good to take in your carbs earlier in the day when you will use them. A few hours before your training would be a good time to load up on them.
    Just remember carbs aren't bad just take them in when you need fuel to do things, after dinner typically we as humans don't do to much (except maybe getting laid, then you can have a few carbs at dinner )

Running in the morning benefits you because your body will be burning stored energy (fat) because it doesn't have the calories from other places.

As for the specific, post boxing diet, I would say lots of water and leafy greens and lean meats. To get your recovery right you want about 75% protein rich foods.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

AC-Cobra Guest

Cheers again man

CC in 24.

Ill report back with how the killersheep weight loss program is going!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What has been said already, plus, read the 5 tips to staying lean, in my articles topic at the top of this page. Give some good insights.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cheers again man

CC in 24.

Ill report back with how the killersheep weight loss program is going!
    Cool man, hope this helps, one last thing, remember food is always best for you in it's simplest form
    example: an apple is better than apple juice. Try and stick with things that have very few ingredients.

AC-Cobra Guest

Hey guys, thanks for the advice so far.

Was talking to someone at the Gym (not a trainer hence why Im coming here for further advice). Anyway this guy swears by protein shakes, even during the process of losing weight.

Now I know the general benefits of protein shakes but my uneducated mind was under the impression that they wouldnt be too helpful in a weight loss program. Any help here guys?

Thanks again
    AC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah the guys right.
    Protein is a lot easier to break down compared to fats and carbohydrates.
    A protein shake is generally 32 grams of protein and only 2 grams of the other two. So drinking protein shakes is an excellent way to stay lean.
    They keep your metabolism going (hence burning fat) whilst still maintaining muscle and keeping you lean.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So any updates bro? Hows the weight loss going?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi guys,

I'm just starting boxing and unsure about dieting and what not any suggestions fo a 15 year old?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why go down to Middle weight? you're closer to 91k than you are 75kg... and at 6 foot one walking around at that weight is going to kill you...

I'm shorter than you and can't get below 13 stone hardly...

It won't just be a one off weight like when the pros weigh in... if you go down to 75kg you have to stay there all season... ouch... you'll be all lethargic and shit unless you have extremely light bones or a lot of fa to loose (which I doubt... 6 foot 1 and 13 and a half stone sounds spot on to me)

Personally I'd rather beat up on super heavys than starve myself down to an unatural weight for me and get beaten up by short kids who are strong at the weight.

AC-Cobra Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Why go down to Middle weight? you're closer to 91k than you are 75kg... and at 6 foot one walking around at that weight is going to kill you...

I'm shorter than you and can't get below 13 stone hardly...

It won't just be a one off weight like when the pros weigh in... if you go down to 75kg you have to stay there all season... ouch... you'll be all lethargic and shit unless you have extremely light bones or a lot of fa to loose (which I doubt... 6 foot 1 and 13 and a half stone sounds spot on to me)

Personally I'd rather beat up on super heavys than starve myself down to an unatural weight for me and get beaten up by short kids who are strong at the weight.
    See this was my original thought, but I decided to trust my coach and give it a go to at least see how far i can get down to comfortably, if I cant make it Ill stick it at Light Heavy.

I also know guys taller than me who are around 12 stone (one whose below!!) which half convinced me (bad arguement i know), if im gonna just be incredibly lean and with a a very low body fat percentage, i might be able to get close, gonna give it a shot like i said anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep
    So any updates bro? Hows the weight loss going?
    Got sidelined by flu last week so havent been able to train but the new diet is making me feel better already. Getting back into the swing of training tommorow so hopefully the pounds should start coming off soon, Ill keep you posted.

Thanks again for all your help guys

Thread Information