Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Should Wladdy avenge his 2 loses, one to Purity and the other to Brewster before his career ends. (S

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you........

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you........

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    people will start comparing him to Lennox because that's what he did!

The difference being that Lewis won or regained titles with those wins. Its a nice string to your bow to have "defeated every man he has faced" but I really dont see any point in it.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you........

I wanted to throw this out on several of these threads...because something set in for me today...as it often does on various occassions from time to time...

We all got a good thing going & agreements...disaggreements...differences...favori tes...fans & fanatics...we all really do get things sorted out here.

I think it's good that we can keep the forum together on such a tight note...even those of us that don't often get along...generally we often make one another see each other's points of view & that's a good thing because we all live & learn off of each other. Even though we agree to disagree...we all learn something from one another...& that's a damned fine thing.

I know that's a corny thing to say...but fwockit...ya'll have called me wacko for worse reasons than that.

Keep up the good work people...our joint get's better & better everyday & wer'e all gettin closer & closer as a community.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

UNIFY them avenge to Punky Brewster, then Corrie Sanders than Ross Perot.

I was at Vitali vs Sanders and I was screaming out DO IT FOR YA LIL BROTHER!!!!!! THEN like a hundred people started cracking up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if wlad cared about avenging the losses he would have chased a rematch with em soon after (like ali and lewis). he should move forward now and try and unify. personally i would try and avenge the losses straight away. it reminds me of kostya tszyu, and why he never bothered to get rid of his big dirty 1 loss against vince phillips

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis

The difference being that Lewis won or regained titles with those wins. Its a nice string to your bow to have "defeated every man he has faced" but I really dont see any point in it.
    say lewis hadnt revenged both of them losses to mccall and rahman his legacy wouldnt be as good as now i dont think

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes but he won titles in both fights so there was a poi t to them. If Brewster had a belt then hell yeah he should be gunning for him.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I first want to see him unify the belts and then maybe go back and fight Brewster and proove that fight was a fluke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think he should. just to prove he's better

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    UNIFY them avenge to Punky Brewster, then Corrie Sanders than Ross Perot.

I was at Vitali vs Sanders and I was screaming out DO IT FOR YA LIL BROTHER!!!!!! THEN like a hundred people started cracking up.

As only you can...

Quote Originally Posted by jbirdy
    if wlad cared about avenging the losses he would have chased a rematch with em soon after (like ali and lewis). he should move forward now and try and unify. personally i would try and avenge the losses straight away. it reminds me of kostya tszyu, and why he never bothered to get rid of his big dirty 1 loss against vince phillips
    Very good point....

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis

say lewis hadnt revenged both of them losses to mccall and rahman his legacy wouldnt be as good as now i dont think
    I completely agree with this 100%.
    Lewis would not be The Lennox we know if he would NOT have avenged his loses. I myself have questioned why he never fought Rahman a 3rd time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted yes but do not agree with Purity....Why bother? Purity is no one and it would mean nothing if Wlad beat him...That was a long time ago.....

Yes to Brewster because he is still very active and was WBO Champ not to long ago...

Sanders?...Again why?....IMO it was an upset....Sander fast, tough, strong yes but no real gain if he beats him....Vitaly beat him to tears....A win over Sanders would just have people saying that he beat an old man who was not the fighter he was in their first meeting.....

Unify the belts....get more wins against top tier guys and that will make all his other loses seem unimportant and as growing experiences if he dominates from here on out
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

I voted yes but do not agree with Purity....Why bother? Purity is no one and it would mean nothing if Wlad beat him...That was a long time ago.....

Yes to Brewster because he is still very active and was WBO Champ not to long ago...

Sanders?...Again why?....IMO it was an upset....Sander fast, tough, strong yes but no real gain if he beats him....Vitaly beat him to tears....A win over Sanders would just have people saying that he beat an old man who was not the fighter he was in their first meeting.....

Unify the belts....get more wins against top tier guys and that will make all his other loses seem unimportant and as growing experiences if he dominates from here on out
    Good points Daxx...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, But he needs to Unify belts first.
    Hidden Content

Welcome to the 21st Century. No Sex, Drug and Rock'n'Roll. All we have nowadays is AIDS, Meth and Crap Music Hidden Content

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As of Today........... People seem to think Yes, as long as he unifies the div. also....

Yes...... He needs to avenge his loses, afterall thats what a great Champ does. 10 (52.6%)
    No........ Theres no need for him to do so hes done enough and no one will remember the loses. 4 (21.1%)
    It doesn't matter..... If he does great and if he doesn't great it wouldnt make a difference IMO. 5 (26.3%)

Total Voters: 19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think there is much reason to believe that Wlad has become so much better that he could beat Sanders. Sanders has the style to beat him. Sooner or later the left finds its target. Wlad cannot play the tall man game because Sanders is almost as big and very fluent and fast.

Not much hope he would beat Sanders.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think he's going to. He could have fought Brewster again but he fought Byrd(Rematch) didn't he? I don't think he's into avenging his losses if he doesn't have to.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Thread Information