Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Should Wladdy avenge his 2 loses, one to Purity and the other to Brewster before his career ends. (S

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you........

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you........

It doesn't really mater if he does or if he doesn't, it won't change his place in history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you........

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    I don't think he's going to. He could have fought Brewster again but he fought Byrd(Rematch) didn't he? I don't think he's into avenging his losses if he doesn't have to.
    completely agree. he should have avenged them when he lost

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    It doesn't really mater if he does or if he doesn't, it won't change his place in history.
    Really?
    You don't think people will say, well he was good champ but he lost to Brewtser and didn't have a rematch?
    You don't think great champs need to clear up their loses?

You think Lennox would be Lennox would he have not rematched McCall? and or Rahman?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Really?
    You don't think people will say, well he was good champ but he lost to Brewtser and didn't have a rematch?

You think Lennox would be Lennox would he have not rematched McCall? and or Rahman?

I think for the majority of boxing fans it doesn't matter one way or the other right now especially since Sanders is retired, Puritty has lost 6 of his last 10 fights and Brewster is out of the belt picture.If Brewster shows he deserves a shot at the belts then that is a different story but to call him out at this point when Wladimir has a good chance to unify the division would be ill advised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Really?

Great champs do need to avenge their losses if they lost to great fighters in the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brewster was a fluke? And Sanders was a fluke also? how many fluke punches is Vlad. allowed to absorb before he was really knocked out?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thought I'd re-bump this one since IMO it was a really good talk...

Quote Originally Posted by LegendBoxing65
    Brewster was a fluke? And Sanders was a fluke also? how many fluke punches is Vlad. allowed to absorb before he was really knocked out?

Really... I mean, IMO a loss is a loss regardless of how you paint it...
    There are some exceptions like Jessu Chavez loosing to Diaz.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    OK....

So I was watching Wlad vs. Brock last night and got to thinking about the deviations that Wlad came across during hes career....

Ross Purity
    Corrie Sanders
    Lamon Brewster

Last night as Micahel Buffer announced Wladdy I started thinking about his loses and thought to myself 'You know I would really like to see Wladdy avenge his loses'
    So IMO, Yes I would like to see Wlad fight both Purity and Brewster maybe not in his next fight but before he reitres afterall part of being considered a great champ is that your able to come back and avenge your loses......
    I know about both Brew and Purity not being top dogs at the moment so thats why I'm saying not now but before he retires...

Do you feel that Wlad should get back in the ring with Purity and Brewster (Sanders is retired) before his career is over?
    Wadda' ya think? Should he?
    as a boxer of coure one thing you will always want to do no matter what is avenge a loss....

but i question wlads heart...

alot of people have spoken about his chin, IMO his chin isnt that bad, hes been down alot becaus he lacked the heart to stay up and slavage the round... he has been putt on his ass many a time and gotten back up like he has never been down... he has been top dog for a long time but has fought no other champ... lacks heart IMO and thats why he will never be great...

El Kabong Guest

Wladimir has heart, if he didn't have heart he would have quit after losing to Sanders...he would have quit when he didn't fare well vs Williamson....he would have quit when Peter knocked him down....and Wlad wouldn't be out to prove anything to anyone.

when asked "Who do you want to fight next?" by Larry Merchant Wladimir responded with "Well who would YOU want me to fight next?"....Wladimir also said he'd give anything to get a unification shot.

Wladimir's heart was questioned by Brewster and everyone else just because he doesn't HAVE to box but Wlad responded #1 with a KO and #2 by saying, "My job is tough but I love my job!"

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Preme
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMick
    OK....

So I was watching Wlad vs. Brock last night and got to thinking about the deviations that Wlad came across during hes career....

Ross Purity
    Corrie Sanders
    Lamon Brewster

Last night as Micahel Buffer announced Wladdy I started thinking about his loses and thought to myself 'You know I would really like to see Wladdy avenge his loses'
    So IMO, Yes I would like to see Wlad fight both Purity and Brewster maybe not in his next fight but before he reitres afterall part of being considered a great champ is that your able to come back and avenge your loses......
    I know about both Brew and Purity not being top dogs at the moment so thats why I'm saying not now but before he retires...

Do you feel that Wlad should get back in the ring with Purity and Brewster (Sanders is retired) before his career is over?
    Wadda' ya think? Should he?
    as a boxer of coure one thing you will always want to do no matter what is avenge a loss....

but i question wlads heart...

alot of people have spoken about his chin, IMO his chin isnt that bad, hes been down alot becaus he lacked the heart to stay up and slavage the round... he has been putt on his ass many a time and gotten back up like he has never been down... he has been top dog for a long time but has fought no other champ... lacks heart IMO and thats why he will never be great...
    Whoa! Preme I must say a bit surprised by readin that you think Wlad has no heart....

I think the guys got a lot of heart. Why else fight he has money, hes well educated why continue to fight?
    Really I can't see/understand your view.

El Kabong Guest

Wlad has never QUIT, he's been hurt, he's been cut, he's been knocked down....but he has never quit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Wlad has never QUIT, he's been hurt, he's been cut, he's been knocked down....but he has never quit
    brewster has a questionable heart

compared to who?? brewster has a big heart(alot of experts say) and he has quit more times than wlad...

wlad has got a huge heart...

El Kabong Guest

I don't know who you're arguing or asking about Brewster's heart....I don't think there is a guy out there with a heart bigger than Lamon's....he's tough and he gave it all he had but he took a ton of punishment no one should question his heart.

As for Wladimir....I am not sure what he has to do to prove he has a heart as big as his brother's....he's done almost everything a good/great heavyweight can do....he just needs to be fed the other top guys.

Let's put Wlad in perspective...he's 31 years old, he has 49 wins 44 KO's and 3 losses....and he'll fight for 4-5 more years!!! That's BIG TIME he's gaining on the greats, and never say he can't be as great as someone just because we don't know what the future holds....I mean hell Manny Pacquiao could be heavyweight champ in a year for all we know (not really but I'm saying we can't predict what will or CAN happen in boxing)....Wladimir could fight til he's 39 and go undefeated until he retires vs the cream of the crop...IMO that would make him pretty fucking great

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you....

He quit against Purrity. He was exhausted and couldn't continue. So he quit. Same shit.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise
    He quit against Purrity. He was exhausted and couldn't continue. So he quit. Same shit.
    The corner threw in the towel....WLADIMIR didn't quit, he didn't say "I've had enough" his corner did....it's not the same thing.

Besides that was so long ago who gives a fuck?

Thread Information