Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: Should Wladdy avenge his 2 loses, one to Purity and the other to Brewster before his career ends. (S

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you........

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you........

OK....

So I was watching Wlad vs. Brock last night and got to thinking about the deviations that Wlad came across during hes career....

Ross Purity
    Corrie Sanders
    Lamon Brewster

Last night as Micahel Buffer announced Wladdy I started thinking about his loses and thought to myself 'You know I would really like to see Wladdy avenge his loses'
    So IMO, Yes I would like to see Wlad fight both Purity and Brewster maybe not in his next fight but before he reitres afterall part of being considered a great champ is that your able to come back and avenge your loses......
    I know about both Brew and Purity not being top dogs at the moment so thats why I'm saying not now but before he retires...

Do you feel that Wlad should get back in the ring with Purity and Brewster (Sanders is retired) before his career is over?
    Wadda' ya think? Should he?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you........

I voted yes!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you........

Unite the titles is more important. Someone has to do it at this division.
    Hasn't been done since the early Tyson days. Wlad has the talent and size to do it.

Look forward not backward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to boxrec Sanders has soom kind of comback planned. Personally i think avenging the Brewster loss makes sense - the other two arent worth the time and he gains nothing by reversing them.

El Kabong Guest

He needs to avenge the loss to Brewster if Lamon still plans on fighting, his eye got pretty fucked up from Sergei.

Purrity has ALWAYS been a bum, no need to fight him....he beat Wlad when Wlad was 22...he's 30 now and Purrity wouldn't last a full round with him.

As for Corey Sanders...it would have been good to get a rematch with him but Wlad wasn't ready for it until just recently. Corey was a good fighter, a tough guy with a sneaky left cross

The Brewster rematch should only be done if unification bouts aren't availible

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Unite the titles is more important. Someone has to do it at this division.
    Hasn't been done since the early Tyson days. Wlad has the talent and size to do it.

Look forward not backward.
    cc#261 for your reply...

I agree, but thats why I said NOT NOW but before he retires.....

Quote Originally Posted by James
    According to boxrec Sanders has soom kind of comback planned. Personally i think avenging the Brewster loss makes sense - the other two arent worth the time and he gains nothing by reversing them.
    cc#22 for your reply.....

Good to hear that about Corrie don't know if you've seen any of his fights other then the Wladdy fight, hes an exciting Heavy. Fucken hands of stone...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Last night I started thinking about Wladdys career and his loses, Do you....

Brewster may be out of the fight game completely after the fight with Sergei as I thought that he
    suffered a detached retina in that fight. The Boss was, and to a certain degree still is, a gatekeeper
    journeyman with a great chin that ran Klitschko out of gas.
    I think that Wladimir has shown, over the past few fights, that the stamina question that ominously hovered
    over his head for such a long time has been effectively done away with; e.g. Peter, Byrd and Brock.
    I'm sure Sanders would jump all over a rematch for a big pay day and a chance at regaining a title. It just
    seems highly unlikely and too risky of a fight to take. But I'm pretty sure that Vitali put the finishing touches
    on Sanders' career.
    "et ignotas animum dimittit in artes naturamque nouat" Ovid's Metamorphoses

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I voted no.

I'd be more impressed with him saving the division by unifying the titles.

The Brewster loss was a fluke IWO.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I voted no.

Fluke or no fluke, it still goes down as a loss.... And I agree about the Unifications but what about before his career is over?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    I voted no.

Fluke or no fluke, it still goes down as a loss.... And I agree about the Unifications but what about before his career is over?
    I never said that it didn't...but that loss came more from Wlad's stamina issues than him getting knocked out like everyone tries to press it.

Watch the fight again...Wlad gasses out. Brewster caught him in the 3rd & Wlad just went all silly putty face & clocked his ass right back.

If he really feels the need...I'm sure that he'll call Brew out...but I just think that it's not necessary any more...I mean...who is Brewster anyways? He's lost out to Etienne for Christ's sake & he was also losing to Wlad before the steam ran out of the engine.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

El Kabong Guest

....yes because people ask that of a great champion. IMO if Wlad-Brewster II comes to fruition and Wladimir KO's him it takes him up a little bit...people will start comparing him to Lennox because that's what he did!

Wladimir is a unification, avenged loss, and a couple title defenses away from being Great depending on how good the title holders and mandatories are.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    ....yes because people ask that of a great champion. IMO if Wlad-Brewster II comes to fruition and Wladimir KO's him it takes him up a little bit...people will start comparing him to Lennox because that's what he did!

Wladimir is a unification, avenged loss, and a couple title defenses away from being Great depending on how good the title holders and mandatories are.
    Thats what I was goann get to next,
    Lewis avenged his loses to McCall & Rahaman and was able to unify..... I just think that if Wladdy beats Brewster it would def. add points to his career......

El Kabong Guest

CC Mick!

I think Wlad has enough time left in his career to become a great...but that will only happen if he unifies the titles!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Perhaps Brewster.
    But Corrie sanders would be good given how good Sanders looked against Vitali even if not in best shape.
    Sanders because he is great to watch such a rugged guy with courage and fast killer left. The sniper indeed.

El Kabong Guest

A Sanders fight is HUGE RISK and little reward....I doubt it happens but if Sanders comes back, beats a top tier guy I'd say Wlad take the fight and whip him.

Thread Information