Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Briggs serious?

After lackluster effort against probably the least qualified soviet representative in the heavyweight division with/had a belt he thinks he can compete with Klitschko? I don't even know if I would give him a puncher's chance simply because he didn't throw any punches in his last fight... Wladimir is too big, too smart, and too skilled for Briggs who he would pick apart. I think he would do the same against any of his current competition, but I want to see him fight Valuev just because Valuev has the same arm length as him, but is taller and has damn hard jab(which I think could stun Wladimir).

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Is Briggs serious?

Well, I think he's serious about getting his ass whipped if he wants to fight Wladimir.

Valuev is unproven, untested, and VERY easy to hit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know that about Valuev but so is every other champion.. the only difference is Wladimir has never foughten anyone larger than him which is a big factor, and the other one is that Valuev seems to be able to hit opponetns, and though he is easy to hit, as of yet he hasn't been hurt.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You gotta understand at this moment Briggs was just giving it one last go something like a la Baldomir, just in there trying to make the best of their last go at boxing.... In other words making the most $ as possible....

And guess who can give him the BIGGE$T pay check out there....

Ding! ding! ding!
    Thats right Wladdy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I know that about Valuev but so is every other champion.. the only difference is Wladimir has never foughten anyone larger than him which is a big factor, and the other one is that Valuev seems to be able to hit opponetns, and though he is easy to hit, as of yet he hasn't been hurt.

Valuev has been hurt more than once and he held like a baby...Did it in brewster fight first 30 seconds when Brewster came out strong. Truth is Valuev holds a lot.....Most all of his opp has fought him wrong...TOO much respect for him....His punches are not all that strong....He doesnt hit as hard as Wlad or Oleg...Very slow....Key to beating Valuev is speed ( which Wlad is gaining a bunch of) and combo's....Get in get off move so he doesn't hold....He can't keep a constant pace....

Vital would have murdered him...Lewis also.....IMO Chris Byrd would beat him. Byrd would be to slick and frustrate the giant. ....

Brewster had the right idea...Start fast but then you need to keep moving...In and out...But keep it up for 5 or 6 rds...Don't be intimidated...Stay composed and don't be intimidated his power is not that hard....

Tua
    Peter
    Wlad
    Oleg
    Rahman
    Briggs.........

All hit harder

Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Valuev has been hurt more than once and he held like a baby...Did it in brewster fight first 30 seconds when Brewster came out strong. Truth is Valuev holds a lot.....Most all of his opp has fought him wrong...TOO much respect for him....His punches are not all that strong....He doesnt hit as hard as Wlad or Oleg...Very slow....Key to beating Valuev is speed ( which Wlad is gaining a bunch of) and combo's....Get in get off move so he doesn't hold....He can't keep a constant pace....

Vital would have murdered him...Lewis also.....IMO Chris Byrd would beat him. Byrd would be to slick and frustrate the giant. ....

Brewster had the right idea...Start fast but then you need to keep moving...In and out...But keep it up for 5 or 6 rds...Don't be intimidated...Stay composed and don't be intimidated his power is not that hard....

Tua
    Peter
    Wlad
    Oleg
    Rahman
    Briggs.........

All hit harder

Valuev has never fought Brewster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Do you mean Barrett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yup
    Hidden Content
    "There's nothing special about him." -Sergiy Dzinziruk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's never fought any one tall enough to hurt him... you can't punch hard above your head...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bilbo
    Quote Originally Posted by DaxxKahn

Tua
    Peter
    Wlad
    Oleg
    Rahman
    Briggs.........

All hit harder

Valuev has never fought Brewster

Yeah I ment Barrett....Why I called him Brewster I dunno... ....It's because they all suck!!!!!!!!!....

The whole division is like one big cluster F%$#.....For Christ Sakes two of the four champion are actually washed up fighters...In any other Era except the Mid 80's Between Holme's/Spink's and pre Tyson....They would have been long gone.....The heavy's are just garbage.A freak and two washed up fighters hold title's...Wlad is the only one worth something and he is always one good shot away from defeat
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    He's never fought any one tall enough to hurt him... you can't punch hard above your head...
    Allow me to bring these fights up

Dempsey-Willard
    Tyson-Holmes, Golota, and Tyrell Biggs
    Pryor-Arguello

It's not as hard as you would think to punch up, you just have to know how to do it.

I for one would LOVE to see Wlad attack Valuev's body....oh that would be SICK, Wlad diggin a hook to the liver....I would LOVE TO SEE IT!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know that Lyle, but out of the guys he has fought with a decent punch, none had as little a height difference that the guys you listed.

You can punch up to a certain extent but you can't use them as examples... Ruiz has what? 2-3 inches on Tyson.

Tyson beat Holmes who had 3-4 inches on him... not 10 inches. None of those guys had more than 5 inches... most of valuev's opponents are giving up at least 6-7 inches, often more Barret gave up 9.

Valvuev hasn't fought one fighter who could punch that was tall enough to not loose all of their power punching up at him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    Well, I think he's serious about getting his a** whipped if he wants to fight Wladimir.

Valuev is unproven, untested, and VERY easy to hit
    seems like we talk about this once a week.....Briggs is a bum....Wlad would destroy him!!!!!
    It feels good to be back home.

El Kabong Guest

Oh yeah but if that's the case the body needs to be attacked

Dempsey 6'1 - Willard 6'7

Tyson 5'11 - Holmes 6'4

Tyson 5'11 - Briggs 6'5

A hard punching guy even if it's David Tua should be able to KO Valuev. If you notice, he keeps his legs really wide and fights short to an extent, I think to protect the body, but either way I think Valuev's chin isn't that good and a smart fighter will know not only HOW but WHEN to catch him.

Wladimir would demolish that chump

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's got the height, power and smarts to do it. King knows this.

Every one else out there could get him, he is very beatable but Wlad is almost a dead cert... most of the other tall heavys suck, the other guys should try his body because they won't get his head.

Thread Information