Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would ODLH want the fight on May 5th?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Why would ODLH want the fight on May 5th?

Why would he wanted sooner? It makes no sense to me. First Mayweather will have alot more time to put on the weight properly, and second Oscar Dela Hoya will have no foughten in 364 days, and he had more rust in his last fight than he could ever have if he wants to even conceive beating PBF. If I was ODLH I would do everything in my power/money to get Judah into my training camp... if anybody can emulate Mayweather for speed and skill it would be him, and I think Judah would be talented enough to fight competently in an orthodox stance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why would ODLH want the fight on May 5th?

bro simply put CINCO DE MAYO mean anything to you?
    it sure means alot to the millions of LATINOS around the world wink wink

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheBESTP4P
    yeah thats the obvious and only reason that makes sense. It's a day that means alot to him and his fans and it will give him an extra emotional boost to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    yeah thats the obvious and only reason that makes sense. It's a day that means alot to him and his fans and it will give him an extra emotional boost to win.
    also equal CRAZY PPV revenue due to all the latino families gathering for family functions already, its really $$$ behind it more so than anything else to be honest. thats keepin it REEEAAAAAAAL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

also equal CRAZY PPV revenue due to all the latino families gathering for family functions already, its really $$$ behind it more so than anything else to be honest. thats keepin it REEEAAAAAAAL!
    He wouldn't need to make it on cinco de mayo to make that kind of money. The fight itself regardless of where or when they set it up for would sell huge. Even without the cinco de mayo factor, this thing still breaks into the top 20 best selling ppv's of all time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

true, but put it this way if OSCAR fights on cinco de mayo he gets guaranteed 8Figures my friend! he got 8 figures just for fighting on cinco de mayo like 5years ago against CAMPOS Fin CAMPOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahahaha

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Your COMPLETELY off on this one here.............
    Let me ask you something do you honestly think ODLH is hurting in the pocket? Your saying it's ALL about the $$$$$....
    It's no longer about the money for ODLH, it has nothing to do with that HE pays himself whatever he want's to....
    Take a WILD guess whos signing that check thats gonna be made out to PBF?
    It's simple....

IMO..... This is a confident booster, to give him the edge to motivate himself to go out there and do his best....

He likes to fight on 5 de Mayo day and or weekend and or around that time he also likes to fight in Sept. 16 and or the weekend of that day due to Mexican Independence Day..... (IF you remember HE said was gonna fight this year on Sept. for the Mexican Ind. weekend instead he had MAB fight on that weekend) Yes!! it's true and he has said it himself that he does it as it is a GREAT weekend for all the people of Mexican decent to celebrate their heritage and enoy a good fight.... The way you TheBestP4P are putting it is as if ODLHs ONLY reason to do it that day is to sell PPV, tickets etc. etc. etc.
    When we all know ODLH could be fighting on our wedding day, someones funeral, someones kidney translplant and still we would not miss his fight for the WORLD.....

Even SalTheButcher whos probably the BIGGEST ODLH hater here wouldn't miss this fight for anything.... Ain't that right Sal?

ODLH has said he likes to fight in May if possible May 5th, he has fought and won in May against the following fighters:
    Frank Avelar 15-3 / ODLHs 7th career fight
    Giorgio Campanella 21-0-0 / 1st defense of his WBO Super Featherweight title
    Rafael Ruelas 43-1-0 / For the IBF Lightweight title & WBO Lightweight title
    Oba Carr 48-2-1 / For the WBC Welterweight title
    Yory Boy Campas 80-5-0 / For the WBC Light Middleweight title & WBA Light Middleweight title
    Ricardo Mayorga 28-5-1 / For the WBC Light Middleweight title

He also likes to fight in Sept. if possible the 16th heres his fights in Sept:
    Genaro Hernandez 32-0-1 / For the WBO Lightweight title
    Hector Camacho 63-3-1 / For the WBC Welterweight title
    Julio Cesar Chavez 101-2-2 / For the WBC Welterweight title... In fucken tears this day as my new hero destroyed my legend...
    Felix Trinidad 35-0-0 / For the WBC Welterweight title & IBF Welterweight title
    Fernando Vargas 22-1-0 / For the WBC Light Middleweight title, WBA Light Middleweight title & IBA Light Middleweight title
    Shane Mosley 38-2-0 / For the WBC Light Middleweight title, WBA Light Middleweight title & IBA Light Middleweight title
    Bernard Hopkins 44-2-1 / For the WBA Middleweight title, WBC Middleweight title, IBF Middleweight title, WBO Middleweight title

Also if you notice hes had better luck fighting in May rather then Sept.

SigmaMu Guest

Miguel Cotto also likes to fight close to celebrated PR holidays.
    5 de Mayo is a great day for Oscar and the Raza will be behind him.
    80 Mexicans against 500 French LMAO
    Ok so our people did not do so well when Napoleon the third sent 30 thousand snail eaters as reinforcement. But the battle of Puebla is historic for Mexico and her people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    Let me ask you something do you honestly think ODLH is hurting in the pocket? Your saying it's ALL about the $$$$$....
    It's no longer about the money for ODLH, it has nothing to do with that HE pays himself whatever he want's to....
    It's simple....

IMO..... This is a confident booster, to give him the edge to motivate himself to go out there and do his best....

He likes to fight on 5 de Mayo day and or weekend and or around that time he also likes to fight in Sept. 16 and or the weekend of that day due to Mexican Independence Day..... (IF you remember HE said was gonna fight this year on Sept. for the Mexican Ind. weekend instead he had MAB fight on that weekend) Yes!! it's true and he has said it himself that he does it as it is a GREAT weekend for all the people of Mexican decent to celebrate their heritage and enoy a good fight.... The way you TheBestP4P are putting it is as if ODLHs ONLY reason to do it that day is to sell PPV, tickets etc. etc. etc.
    When we all know ODLH could be fighting on our wedding day, someones funeral, someones kidney translplant and still we would not miss his fight for the WORLD.....

Even SalTheButcher whos probably the BIGGEST ODLH hater here wouldn't miss this fight for anything.... Ain't that right Sal?

ODLH has said he likes to fight in May if possible May 5th, he has fought and won in May against the following fighters:
    Yory Boy Campas 80-5-0 / For the WBC Light Middleweight title & WBA Light Middleweight title

Julio Cesar Chavez 101-2-2 / For the WBC Welterweight title... In fucken tears this day as my new hero destroyed my legend...
    Fernando Vargas 22-1-0 / For the WBC Light Middleweight title, WBA Light Middleweight title & IBA Light Middleweight title
    Shane Mosley 38-2-0 / For the WBC Light Middleweight title, WBA Light Middleweight title & IBA Light Middleweight title
    Bernard Hopkins 44-2-1 / For the WBA Middleweight title, WBC Middleweight title, IBF Middleweight title, WBO Middleweight title

Rawbert i agree with everything u have just stated bro, but i know this may sound weird coming from a pacific islander to a latino, but i too have mad latino homiez, friends, etc etc and we all know they roll deep when the heritage holidays kick in and that equals=numbers hence revenue hence money! same shiiiit when the biggest movies of winter open on christmas day, or july 4th weekend etc etc. it comes down to money, DINERO. im not saying oscars hurting in the wallet, shiiiiiit only a fool would even consider saying that, but im saying hes more so a GREAT business man, this is a business move, business decision. no ones gonna deny oscars, draw, star appeal etc etc. but it comes down to DINERO man, hes a smart business man PERIOD. whether one wants to say hes all about money, naw id say hes a smart business man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if OSCAR really was fighting for his own personal edge why wouldnt he fight like on his MOM's bday to honor his mom??

Holidays=money

especially the ethnic ones bring the ethnic masses to represent!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

it would be amazing win for both fighters. i wouldnt care who won because im a fan of both of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still think he is making a big mistake because Mayweather will have time to retain his speed, and still put on muscle which is the last thing a declining ODLH should want because if Mayweather retains his welterweight speed more or less I can't see ODLH beating him.

El Kabong Guest

Damn I totally forgot about that!!!!!

SWEEEEET all the Corona and Tecate you can drink AND a fight!!!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G
    Miguel Cotto also likes to fight close to celebrated PR holidays.
    5 de Mayo is a great day for Oscar and the Raza will be behind him.
    80 Mexicans against 500 French LMAO
    Ok so our people did not do so well when Napoleon the third sent 30 thousand snail eaters as reinforcement. But the battle of Puebla is historic for Mexico and her people

80 Mexicans with sling shots vs. 500 French with rifles...... LMFAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    It's simple....

Rawbert i agree with everything u have just stated bro, but i know this may sound weird coming from a pacific islander to a latino, but i too have mad latino homiez, friends, etc etc and we all know they roll deep when the heritage holidays kick in and that equals=numbers hence revenue hence money! same shiiiit when the biggest movies of winter open on christmas day, or july 4th weekend etc etc. it comes down to money, DINERO. im not saying oscars hurting in the wallet, shiiiiiit only a fool would even consider saying that, but im saying hes more so a GREAT business man, this is a business move, business decision. no ones gonna deny oscars, draw, star appeal etc etc. but it comes down to DINERO man, hes a smart business man PERIOD. whether one wants to say hes all about money, naw id say hes a smart business man.
    And I agree with you BUT your 1st statement came across as IF THE ONLY reason hes fighting on that day is for $.....
    IMO it has to do with motivation, he knows hundreds of thousands of people have all eyes on him and thats when he shines, when the lights and eyes are on him in the BIGGEST stage....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

RAWBERT,
    F that bro! u know me man im the LEAST hatin foo up on this site! I give mad love/props when they deserved. I get hella inspired by cats like OSCAR from a Business stand point, man that shiiiiiiit inspires me man. now ill admit i used to LOVE oscar alot more prior to the TITO BS outcome and i even put $$$ ON OSCAR(well this other girl's money hahaha) when he fought bernard. but if it really bothers you man lo ciento we can talk about it some more while we feelin on some tetas tom night at IMPERIAL ahahahha. hollaaaaaaaaaar

Thread Information