Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New David Haye interview here.....

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default New David Haye interview here.....

(NEW) Haye guns for revenge on November 17
    Go-getting European cruiserweight champion David Haye must conquer an old adversary from the amateur ranks on November 17 if he is to fulfil his dream of meeting WBC world cruiserweight champion O'Neil 'Give 'em Hell' Bell in early-2007.

The 26-year-old, self-styled 'Hayemaker' will meet unbeaten Italian contender Giacobbe Fragomeni on November 17 in an official final-eliminator for the WBC title strap that Bell currently owns. The scheduled 12-rounder, to be screened live on Sky Sports 1, also sees Haye's coveted European championship put on the line.

The contest is, therefore, undoubtedly the biggest and most pivotal contest of Haye's 18-bout pro career. Ranked at no. 2 with the WBC, as well no. 3 with the IBF and no. 5 with the WBA, Haye is in the sights of every reigning world cruiserweight champion and is eager to capitalise on his position. The importance of scoring victory over old amateur opponent Fragomeni in November cannot be understated.

"This is it now of me," Haye, 17-1 (16 KO's) begins. "I can almost touch that WBC belt, and I must beat Fragomeni to get there. I can't afford to let all my hard work - all the big wins I've scored to get to number two (with the WBC) - go to waste by losing to Fragomeni."

Losing to Fragomeni in a vital contest is, of course, something Haye has experienced before. In 1999, when David was 19 years of age, the London star travelled to Germany to box the more experienced Fragomeni in a 2000 Olympic qualifier. Despite giving a great account of himself, and appearing to land the more blows, Haye lost to Fragomeni by a score of 11-1. A major setback at the time, Haye is adamant revenge will be his in the pro ranks.

"That loss hurt a lot at the time," He said. "I was extremely close to getting to the Olympics, something every amateur fighter dreams of, and then I got ripped off in a decision against Fragomeni. It left a real bitter taste in my mouth, and I've never forgot how I felt that night. I'll definitely be looking to put the record straight and show that in the pro game, where computer scoring doesn't exist, there'll only be one winner between myself and Fragomeni."

The Italian challenger will, one imagines, be similarly confident. Rated at no. 3 by the WBC, no. 4 by the WBO and no. 12 by the WBA, Fragomeni is a former amateur star who has remained undefeated in the professional game since turning over in May 2001.

Boasting a 21-0 (9 KO's) record, the Milan-born slugger has outscored the likes of Frederic Serrat (the Frenchman who gave ex-Haye foe Carl Thompson an almighty scare last November), Ismael Abdoul (the only man to take Haye 12 rounds) and unbeaten Brazilian Daniel Bispo.

Fragomeni's success hasn't surprised Haye in the slightest.

"He's a genuine quality cruiserweight with great kills," Haye admitted. "He's technically very good, and he knows his way round the ring. He's got a lot more experience than those 21 pro fights on his record show. This guy has had hundreds of amateur bouts, was European heavyweight champion, and won a bronze medal at the World Championships, losing only to the legendary Cuban Felix Savon. The guy can fight, and I can't underestimate him one bit."

Though not overlooking Fragomeni's skills, Haye will be relishing the Italian's come-forward, aggressive style. The 37-year-old Fragomeni is a stark contrast to the negative, guarded style Haye's last opponent, Ismael Abdoul, offered the Bermondsey-born fighter in July.

"I can't wait to actually fight someone who will come to win and try and knock me out," Haye said, excitedly. "Fragomeni has to get close to be effective, and he will probably love getting in range and firing off combinations. He throws lots of shots, and that will give me plenty of chances to nail him with some counters.

"It should be a really action-packed, explosive fight. Expect fireworks on November 17, that's for sure!"

published on 15/10/2006

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: New David Haye interview here.....

Haye will have to be careful because Fragomeni is apparantley KO'ing his seasoned sparring partners up in Stoke...
    For fun

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye training footage from Miami before his last fight...
    [youtube=425,350]ZtX_90ZzfPk&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b[/youtube]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah im hyped for this fight, got my tickets yesterday ,
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    "I can't wait to actually fight someone who will come to win and try and knock me out," Haye said, excitedly.

LIke Carl Thompson, David....... ?

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah

Hes acting like hes a rising up and comer..........hes already been exposed as a punch and not much else.

He bragged in an interview of the class "names" he has beat, they included, williams and Kelly, whose best years were long gone and in Kellys case a weight belowe and not that good there either as Jones poved.

Thompson, well he had a bit of heart, Bell has bucket loads so if he gets past fragomeni, which isnt a certainty, itll be interesting to see how he does

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just watched the fight they had in the amatures and read about Fragomenis sparring in Stoke, so ive been persueded to put some cash on Ffragomeni, very good odds , extremely good odds actually.

Ive put a couple of quid down for each round and a points win at www.stanjames.com

Haye, David Round 1 6/1
    Haye, David Round 2 5/1
    Haye, David Round 3 5/1
    Haye, David Round 4 6/1
    Haye, David Round 5 7/1
    Haye, David Round 6 9/1
    Haye, David Round 7 12/1
    Haye, David Round 8 16/1
    Haye, David Round 9 22/1
    Haye, David Round 10 28/1
    Haye, David Round 11 33/1
    Haye, David Round 12 40/1
    Haye, David On Points 9/2
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 1 100/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 2 80/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 3 80/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 4 80/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 5 80/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 6 80/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 7 80/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 8 80/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 9 80/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 10 80/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 11 80/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe Round 12 100/1
    Fragomeni, Giacobbe On Points 20/1
    Draw 40/

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No one else fancie putting a few quid down for Fragomeni then ?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im having some of that
    We know Fragomeni can bang and 80-1 in the mid to latter rounds has gotta be worth a go.
    Bearing in mind Hayes stamina issues!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

F*ck knows how they work out the odds, Haye hasnt looked impressive of late and the last time he got in with a "name" opponent he fell apart, then you have the fact that they have actualy fought already and Fragomeni wan, taking Hayes "power" easy and showing some good upper body movement, also Fragomeni hasnt lost yet, hasnt been hurt or found wanting in the stamina department.

The only thing that haye has on Fragomeni is age but then you could say the same between Morales and Hopkins, quite a difference in age but one hasnt had hard scraps and doesnt get hit often.

I feel as soon as Haye gets caught with a good shot again he will fall apart again, his style or commitment to defence havent changed since their last encounter but Fragomeni has apparently improved his power going by the sparring reports.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Fragomeni will find David Haye the pro an all together different proposition to David Haye the amateur, no comparison. Fragomini hasnt fought anyone decent has he, has he knocked out anyone of any note?
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    I think Fragomeni will find David Haye the pro an all together different proposition to David Haye the amateur, no comparison. Fragomini hasnt fought anyone decent has he, has he knocked out anyone of any note?
    Same could be said of Haye

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fragomeni did last the Pace with The French fella who lasted the pace with Thompson.
    If you know what i mean
    Thing is that Haye has put himself way up on his high horse for this and i think he may go for the early KO and if he does and Fragomeni has a beard that's when he could come unstuck.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye looked awsome in his last fight, im almost scared to watch the fight incase my money goes down the drain.

OK Fragomeni hasnt set the world alight as yet but I dont think you have to be a superstar to beat Haye just consistant and have good fundamentals, Fragomeni is and has both.

After Haye doing the interview rounds, soccer am and such, then auditioning for round card girls on myspace

His mind aint on the job, it never is, the guy is full of his own steam the trouble is thats all it is, hot air, he brags and boasts but that One fight against Thompson says it all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Fragomeni did last the Pace with The French fella who lasted the pace with Thompson.
    If you know what i mean
    Yes Serrat went the distance with Thompson but Haye couldnt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

York Hall is a terrific venue.

If the fireworks do go off in this fight, then i couldn't think of a better place to watch.

My last visit to York Hall was the excellent Froch V Magee fight which Maloney put on, it was packed to the rafters and the atmosphere was electric.

I'm sure all of you who are lucky to be going will have a great time, whatever the outcome...

...so long as the fireworks do go off !

Thread Information