Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The Cobra is coming...Froch marching on.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The Cobra is coming...Froch marching on.

Heads up report: Froch vs. Dodson
    7 November months after first being scheduled to clash, British super middleweight champion Carl Froch and former title-holder Tony Dodson finally came face-to-face yesterday.

The pair both appeared in a mock courtroom at the ‘NCCL Galleries of Justice’ museum in Nottingham ahead of their clash on the Hennessy Sports' ‘Outright Promotion’ in the champion’s hometown on November 24th

Sky Sports 1 will cover live from the Nottingham Arena.

Froch arrived first, looking relaxed.

Dodson was slightly late, but only down to heavy traffic.

There were never any concerns that he would put in a no-show, despite having previously withdrawn from three fights against Froch through injury, initially when he was champion.

The Liverpudlian badly wants his title back. He pleaded guilty to that charge without hesitation - then the verbal exchanges began.

“Carl said he wanted to see me in the flesh, that he wanted to see how I reacted to him – well here I am,” opened Dodson. “You can see I’m not scared.”

“I think you are,” countered Froch. “I can see it in your eyes. I can see the fear. Forget all your talk, just promise me one thing: that you will be there on the 24th.”

Dodson replied: “I’ll be there, you have my word on it.”

The fighters shook hands.

A discussion about Dodson’s pullouts followed, with him adding:

“I know why you all have doubts. I understand it, but there was a valid reason each time. This fight means everything to me. I’m getting that British Title back. You keep it for a couple more weeks, but then I’m getting it back.”

Froch was also given a father’s assurance that the withdrawals were genuine by Eric Dodson, who also helps train his son.

“I can accept that,” said the unbeaten Froch. “I will take you on your word.”

Normal hostilities were resumed once the pair went head-to-head for the cameras. Whilst there were a couple of pushes, the exchanges were mostly verbal.

“Your in deep water,” Froch promised Dodson. “That’s my title and I’m winning it outright. It’s staying on my mantelpiece. I’m the champion and you can’t do anything about that. You’re getting knocked out.

“Your in over your head. I know your form. I’ve seen you lose. I have seen you fold in front of me. Your weak, I’m strong.”

“That was when I was a boy,” replied Dodson. “That was different then. I’m a man now. You’re in with a man. You’re the one who’s in trouble.

“I can put people to sleep with one shot. You don’t hit hard enough to hurt me. I can’t wait for the 24th, I really can’t wait.”

For more photos and quotes visit: www.SaddoBoxing.com.

Carl Froch attempts to win his Lonsdale Belt Outright on November 24th at the Nottingham Arena. Tickets priced £25, £30, £60 and £80 are on sale from the Arena Box Office on.

Froch will KO Dobson inside 10!!
    Way too much for Dobson and he'll get him with his killer uppercuts sooner or later.
    Was ringside at Froch v Magee and he was looking to throw the uppercut all night and did floor Magee in the first then Brutally in the 11th.
    Just don't see anyway Froch loses this one.
    Im a big Cobra fan and deffo feel he can go on to Challenge the Worlds elite.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Cobra is coming...Froch marching on.

The best thing - ive come to realise - about Froch is, his pony defence means he's in good/entertaining fights.

He's probably got too much for Dodson but I can see this being another cracker whilst it lasts.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Win or lose,Froch entertains and sells out venues.His defence or lack of it is part of his appeal for me.
    When he looks like he's getting a beating he just puts his opponent firmly in their place with a heavier shot.
    And his post fight interviews crack me up.

ICB Guest

hope froch does well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Got my Row B tickets from Carl's brother - should be excellent and i think Dodson will give a good account of himself, perhaps better than people anticipate.

The face off was entertaining and Tony was talking the talk and had good, vocal support with him. Hopefully there will be some good support down for him too on the night.

I know Carl is training very hard for this and will be not be cutting any corners.

May the best man win.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive got a feeling about this one, I bet the first two rounds will be his hardest
    Pain lasts a only a minute, but the memory will last forever....

boxingbournemouth - Cornelius Carrs private boxing tuition and personal fitness training

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

FROCH BY KO ROUND 8

Thread Information