Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default RBR Carl Froch v Tony Dodson - BBBofC Super Middleweight belt

Evning all, the nights are drawing in, the beer is getting more neccessary in an attempt to keep warm, and it's raining. A lot. So naturally time to turn our sights indoors once again to boxing, and this one is an absolute grudge match without a doubt. These boys don't like each other at all, so 'm expecting a fiery fight, and both of these lads will be desperate to beat the others, although Carl Froch has eyes on world ambitions already, and has been touted for future bouts against Joe Calzaghe or Mikkel Kessler. He's rated at #8 by the IBF, so may well end up fighting whoever wins in the fight for that vacant title after Joe C vacated it.
    Anyhow, here's the breakdown:

Carl 'The Cobra' Froch (19-0, 15 by KO) :- Since his 11th round knockout of Brian Magee back in May, speculation was rife that the British and Commonwealth champion was going to get a shot at Calzaghe, at least he was talking confidently that it would happen, but the 29-year-old Nottingham lad will have to bide his time if that bout is to happen. Froch tends to drop his guard, but with the venomous rights, like a Cobra attack which earnt him his nickname, Froch has some good shots which will really test out Dodson's chin, and will take a lot out of him.

Tony Dodson (20-3-1, 12 by KO) :- The vital issue in much of the build up is that Dodson is the former holder of the British title, and vacated the title after a series of injuries in 2004 which prevented him from fighting at all that year, where his opponent was due to be...Carl Froch. His claim to be the uncrowned champion is a bit disparaging towards Froch, but after taking 2004 off to recover from the injuries, Dodson is undefeated, and there is certainly no love lost between him and his opponent, after Froch was less than courteous when Dodson was plagued by injuries. Still only 26, and very slightly shorter than Froch this looks like being a good matchup, and expect fireworks, but don't come running to me if there are none.

My prediction would be Froch by KO in middle rounds, his opponents have been a better caliber than Dodson's, and I think as a fighter he controls the ring a little more, but Dodson will have a real will to win here, and won't be easy at all.

ICB Guest

Default Re: RBR Carl Froch v Tony Dodson - BBBofC Super Middleweight belt

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Evning all, the nights are drawing in, the beer is getting more neccessary in an attempt to keep warm, and it's raining. A lot. So naturally time to turn our sights indoors once again to boxing, and this one is an absolute grudge match without a doubt. These boys don't like each other at all, so 'm expecting a fiery fight, and both of these lads will be desperate to beat the others, although Carl Froch has eyes on world ambitions already, and has been touted for future bouts against Joe Calzaghe or Mikkel Kessler. He's rated at #8 by the IBF, so may well end up fighting whoever wins in the fight for that vacant title after Joe C vacated it.
    Anyhow, here's the breakdown:

Carl 'The Cobra' Froch (19-0, 15 by KO) :- Since his 11th round knockout of Brian Magee back in May, speculation was rife that the British and Commonwealth champion was going to get a shot at Calzaghe, at least he was talking confidently that it would happen, but the 29-year-old Nottingham lad will have to bide his time if that bout is to happen. Froch tends to drop his guard, but with the venomous rights, like a Cobra attack which earnt him his nickname, Froch has some good shots which will really test out Dodson's chin, and will take a lot out of him.

Tony Dodson (20-3-1, 12 by KO) :- The vital issue in much of the build up is that Dodson is the former holder of the British title, and vacated the title after a series of injuries in 2004 which prevented him from fighting at all that year, where his opponent was due to be...Carl Froch. His claim to be the uncrowned champion is a bit disparaging towards Froch, but after taking 2004 off to recover from the injuries, Dodson is undefeated, and there is certainly no love lost between him and his opponent, after Froch was less than courteous when Dodson was plagued by injuries. Still only 26, and very slightly shorter than Froch this looks like being a good matchup, and expect fireworks, but don't come running to me if there are none.

My prediction would be Froch by KO in middle rounds, his opponents have been a better caliber than Dodson's, and I think as a fighter he controls the ring a little more, but Dodson will have a real will to win here, and won't be easy at all.
    when does it start ??

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oops, sorry, 10pm UK, 5pm Eastern, 2pm Pacific. Details details...

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun
    Oops, sorry, 10pm UK, 5pm Eastern, 2pm Pacific. Details details...
    ok thanks mate

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only 45 minutes left....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

cc#211 superheavyrhun

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm here and nothing will drag me away this time. NOTHING!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Make this a sticky for you mate Good work again
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WE ARE HERE....

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

itv or sky sports?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    WE ARE HERE....
    Aye so we are. Sky Sports 2 is on, one glass is filled, the others are on my face, and there's two northeners mouthing offo n telly. It's Friday fight night again.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd nearly forgotten how devastating that uppercut that put down Magee was, whatever it is, Dodson is going to need an awfully good chin to go the distance if he isn't going to kayo Froch himself.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tony looks strong but has been stopped a couple of times already

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross
    Tony looks strong but has been stopped a couple of times already
    Those guys weren't Brits though, and since then he is undefeated since he actually won the title which Froch now holds. He could cause Froch some trouble. He looks pretty confident and calm coming into the ring. Doesn't look too fired up, seems to have got all the trash talking out of his mind. Coming into the ring to a classic rap choon, Black Rob - Whoa!

Thread Information