Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Marquez is the Man

I just watched the Marquez vs Jaca fight And I must say I was pretty impressed with Marquez's performance the fight was great it had every thing I could ask plenty of action,drama and great ending to it too

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Marquez is the Man

Hell yeah!!
    JMM is so focused in the ring, I honestly think he knew he could have taken Jaca out soon but he made a fight out of it.....
    Even when asked by the doctor if he could see, and when the stupid ref. told him 'Your ahead on the score cards, do you wanna continue fighting?"

He understands english, but in the interview he stated he doesn't remember hearing the ref. telling him anything only what the doctor was telling him.

True warriot indeed.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

id tap him, jk CutemeMick,

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboxing
    id tap him, jk CutemeMick,
    You're crazy man!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez would blitz Scott harrison within 4 rounds should they ever meet.

Scott is game enough, but technically it's all about Marquez.

I feel it would be similar to Hunter V Molitor - hunger & desire, anhilated by ability

Definitely P4P top 10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw the fight. JMM is definitely a warrior but he would have to fall back to technique and boxing to beat Pac instead of brawling. I seemed a step slow this time around didn't he?

as for Jaca, the kid has a good chin. He might make some noise in the future.

ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by memojaras
    I just watched the Marquez vs Jaca fight And I must say I was pretty impressed with Marquez's performance the fight was great it had every thing I could ask plenty of action,drama and great ending to it too
    Been tryin to tell ya'll that shit for ages. Marquez is the poop!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog
    I saw the fight. JMM is definitely a warrior but he would have to fall back to technique and boxing to beat Pac instead of brawling. I seemed a step slow this time around didn't he?
    Nah. He didn't seem any different to me than normal. Manny Steward get's on my gotdam nerves. He said the same shit & also that "Jaca seems to have Marquez's number.", anyone that follows Marquez knows that he runs on the Hopkinsesque time clock. Manny's one to talk about a slow pace...climbin in his corner & talking all monotone...with that "slow down, very good very good, just calm down". STFU.

Marquez did just fine. He figures it out, applies pressure, & then unloads around the 6th round.

I was amused listening to the all talking about how slow he was & blah blah blah & then watched him drop about 6 in a row & plant that kid on his ass.

You coulda heard Merchant's ice cubes crack in his scotch.

Fuck them commentator's. Call that shit like you see it. Marquez just broke another one down & that's that.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah it was a very exciting fight, and it was bothering me the way the commentators were handling it as well... What on earth was Herold Lederman watching giving Jaca any rounds at all... I think that perhaps Manny steward had a case in his comments in the early rounds, but not to the degree he was making it out.. JM Marquez is the kind of fighter who does what he needs to to win, unless his opponent is able to put a fire under his ass.. Last night he picked up the action immensly when he received the cut over his eye, especially after each time the ref sent him to get it checked out, he came out with all guns blazing looking for the kill. It was a ridiculous notion for the commentators to even imply that he was ever in any danger of losing the fight though. Having said all that, Im not sure what to think of the performance, as Jaca looked very unpolished, slow, and had apparently 0 power. Total granite chin though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with everyone else here, manny shouldn't be commentating and stick to training. He also always seems to hype his fighters up. As for the performance from jmm nothing wrong with it, he gave the fans a good fight, and when he felt the pressure on with the cut on his head, he went for the kill. As for his speed, I think it's his handspeed that really matters and that seemed to still be fully in tact, I'd really love to see him fight pac. I mean he swallowed 3 of pacs lefts in the first fight in the first round, got knocked down by all three of em, and got up. He's got some frickin heart. Just imagine that fight without all those knockdowns, this time around he will know what to expect. Pac may have improved since that fight, but he just improved technically not speed or power wise, and I think it's the speed that gave jmm trouble. I'm not saying jmm beats pac, I just give him a better chance at doing so than barrera. Also like some other poster said the fight needs to happen soon, because time will catch up with marquez sooner or later

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by wacko3205
    Quote Originally Posted by memojaras
    Been tryin to tell ya'll that S*** for ages. Marquez is the poop!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Dog
    Nah. He didn't seem any different to me than normal. Manny Steward get's on my gotdam nerves. He said the same S*** & also that "Jaca seems to have Marquez's number.", anyone that follows Marquez knows that he runs on the Hopkinsesque time clock. Manny's one to talk about a slow pace...climbin in his corner & talking all monotone...with that "slow down, very good very good, just calm down". STFU.

Marquez did just fine. He figures it out, applies pressure, & then unloads around the 6th round.

I was amused listening to the all talking about how slow he was & blah blah blah & then watched him drop about 6 in a row & plant that kid on his a**.

You coulda heard Merchant's ice cubes crack in his scotch.

F*** them commentator's. Call that S*** like you see it. Marquez just broke another one down & that's that.
    I agree Manny Steward needs to STFU and just stick to his job as trainer the only reason Marquez was just a tad slower was cuz he was puttin more power on his punches. Marquez himself said he was lookin for the ko

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

After PAcman beats the hell out of Marquez, people will be saying that he was already a spent force anyway.

I bet this is what people will be saying again.....
    supergenius bong

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rrbong
    After PAcman beats the hell out of Marquez, people will be saying that he was already a spent force anyway.

I bet this is what people will be saying again.....
    Don't know which people your reffering to when you say that but if PAC defeats JMM it will be just that PAC showing HE IS GREAT.... Take it from me A REAL JMM Fan....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Then, I respect you for that. hope everybody is like you. I also like Marquez particularly after he was able to withstand the punches of Pacquaio.
    supergenius bong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If ever JMM is given a chance to fight PACMAN in 2007.This will definitely be another fight to see.But it seem to me this is now remote because both belong to rival promoters.
    Nonito Donaire will soon be a name to reckon with...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight. Marquez DID look slow though. He did.
    I mean... I look faster than that dude. haha At least on that night.
    125 you have to have speed.

I think Pacquiao will destroy Marquez.
    I see this fight, if it happens, as an "easy money" move and easy fight for Pacquiao.

If you think otherwise, then you should be clamoring for this fight to happen immediately.

Thread Information