Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default OK, mark it down...

after re-watching the ODLH-Mayorga fight and coming out from under the Golden hue of that fight. I will wager anyone that on May 5, 2007, Pretty Boy Floyd will UD or TKO Oscar. If I lose, I'll give you 25 days worth of CC's or you can choose to give me 25 days worth of SC's. If I win, you give me 25 days worth of CC's.

I've come to this revelation after watching this fight:

Even against slow ass Mayorga, ODLH looked slow as hell. ODLH's jab is slow as hell. ODLH looks like an old man on his feet. ODLH still has quick hands but not quick enough for Floyd. In fact, I'll go on record that Baldomir has faster hands than Oscar. Floyd will show up at the fight weighing 147 and he'll be ten times faster than ODLH. Yes, Oscar has the Reyes gloves and the smaller ring. It won't matter. Oscar will try to jab and it won't be effective. Floyd will tear up ODLH's body and Oscar will land shots on Floyd's shoulders for most of the night. Floyd's jab to the body will keep Oscar's soft stomach hurting all night. We all know Floyd will never gas out late, Oscar will be gasping for air around round 9. ODLH will be chasing around Floyd with no jab trying to corner Floyd and it will be to no avail. By the championship rounds, ODLH will be so frustrated and gassed, Floyd will actually land combos on Oscar. Let's remember that Oscar will be doing ALL the work, Oscar will be chasing Floyd around all night, Oscar will be lunging to land, Oscar will be whiffing hitting air, Oscar will be losing tons of energy in the first half of the fight, all Mayweather has to do is use his shoulder roll, not get hit with big shots, and counterpunch. All of which he has showed brillance in doing over 37 fights. Come on guys, it's gonna be pretty obvious that Mayweather Sr. is gonna tell Oscar to jab Floyd and set up bigger shots, but let's be honest, Floyd's head and feet movement is on another level. If this was 1999 ODLH, I'd say ODLH has a great chance to win and would be the favorite in my opinion. There's just no way, barring some huge lucky shot, that I see 2007 ODLH beating Floyd. This fight WILL be a UD or late TKO.

Anyone down for this bet?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: OK, mark it down...

Hah. No thanks. I think it's a much easier UD than most predict for PBF [edit: until the day after the fight, when everyone criticizes Floyd for fighting the "old" ODH instead of (the equally old) Shane Mosely or Margarito or little Ricky Hatton or someone else]. I don't think he has a serious chance at TKO'ing Oscar though.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you have to be smoking crack if you think Baldomir has faster hands than De La Hoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales
    you have to be smoking crack if you think Baldomir has faster hands than De La Hoya
    Bang on!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

So fwocken true.... Come on albsur2006 you can't be serious... and with that kind of statement no one will take you serious...

Too funny..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

theres no way in hell baldo is quicker than anyone
    the fight is like 5 months away so save your brilliant ideas
    i'll be rooting for floyd though, he's the underdog
    and his only chance to win is by decision
    but he better make it clear cuz you know...
    oscar judges amigos homies.. tough job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CutMeMicK
    ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

So fwocken true.... Come on albsur2006 you can't be serious... and with that kind of statement no one will take you serious...

Too funny..
    Haha, yeah, I was pretty zonked out.

Thread Information