Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default PBF has new reason to retire...... Cotto

I'm pretty sure that PBF saw that fight and saw what a beast Cotto is at 147. He's not gonna want any part of that no matter what the ring size cause Cotto knows how to cut off that ring. I hope he does the right thing but I doubt he will.
    Francisco "The Wizard" Palacios
    WBA Fedelatin Champ -WBC #1 Contender
    21-1* (13 K.O.s) Cruiserweight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PBF has new reason to retire...... Cotto

Quote Originally Posted by Bx730NY
    I'm pretty sure that PBF saw that fight and saw what a beast Cotto is at 147. He's not gonna want any part of that no matter what the ring size cause Cotto knows how to cut off that ring. I hope he does the right thing but I doubt he will.
    I love my Puerto Ricans (specially the women) but ever since Tito has been in his on again off again retirement they have been looking for the Islands next superstar. I think Cotto will be a star (he already is) but don't expect another Tito.

El Kabong Guest

I think he has the ability to be better than Trinidad, it's definitely not guaranteed but he has the ability....his style is more versatile and he goes to the body like a stone cold killer.

He has opponents out there to make himself a superstar and he's exciting to watch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF would box Cotto silly....I like Cotto the guy is strong and has some skills but Floyd would daze him with combos....Quintana is no PBF...Neither are any of Miguels past opp in an way half as skilled as Floyd
    Hidden Content IN CASE THEY ALL FORGOT WHAT REAL HEAVYWEIGHT POWER WAS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you must have missed the cotto/malignaggi fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF would beat Cotto. Mayweather ahs a lot better movement then Quintana and a lot better timing inside his shots to catch Cotto when he throws.

Neither Cotto or Margarito could beat Mayweather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid_702

And Malignaggi doesnt hit as hard or is as fast as Mayweather and Mayweather has better movement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cotto would be picked apart by Mayweather, and I think Cotto has alot of the same problems Trinidad did when facing movers... not to mention he also has a chin I think Mayweather could hurt.

SigmaMu Guest

I would not use the Malignaggi fight as a measuring stick to compare/judge or base any conclusions on how Cotto would match up against PBF. That was a drained and very unhappy Cotto at 140.
    Cotto is making some changes in his corner and is looking for a new trainer. <---(RUMOR) I guess those of you who saw Cotto and Evangelista after the fight hugging for what looked like forever, was this their goodbye? Was this why Cotto kept thanking him over and over again? Did I hear Cotto say he would unify the belts and made Evangelista that promise? It looked like a goodbye to me. I could be wrong. I guess we will just have to stay tuned. Cotto has the power to stop PBF all he needs is one or two punches. You folks can not deny that. I do not think PBF could handle a couple of Cotto's power shots to the face or body. Let's see how PBF does against the old man Golden Boy first and then Cotto has to deal with oktay urkal in May or early June. There is still room for improvement for Cotto, a new trainer just might be what the kid needs. I heard Evangelista was sick. To think that Cotto can not catch PBF with at least a couple of nice hard shots, is just silly to me. We are going to see a whole new improved Cotto. I am convinced of that. There is no doubt that if I had to choose between retiring and facing Cotto, I would rather retire and I think this will be a good excuse for PBF to hang up the gloves.
    Just remember that Cotto is not some old man named Baldomir nor is he some tentative fighter named Corrales.

Speaking of Paulie , he said he wants a rematch with Cotto
    That boy has more guts than brains. He said if he has to move up to 147, he would.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Cotto has it to beat Mayweather--Mayweather's movement and timing would be too much for him. I thought Quintana won the first 4 rounds of the fight, but also that those 4 rounds mentally exhausted him. Mayweather doesn't mentally wear out--he can keep up the slick boxing for the full 12.

Let me say this though--I was very impressed with Cotto, and I really like him. And I should add to the part about Quintana taking 1-4 that I thought that also owed to Cotto purposely taking his time and figuring Quintana out. Even as I was scoring those rounds for Quintana, I was seeing Cotto take control of the fight. Very likable in the interview too--it would be hard not to root for this kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF vs cotto would be alot like PBF vs gatti

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    I agree that PBF would likely win a pretty wide decision, but this goes too far. Cotto is clearly superior to Gatti--better boxing skills, MUCH better ring-generalship (not that he'll be able to out-general Floyd), and MUCH MUCH better power--the kind of power that Floyd will actually have to respect somewhat, not the kind of power that took 11 rounds to finish off the unheralded Daamsgaard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What about it? Cotto fought that fight with one hand most of the night (and I'm not even talking about the injury) and still busted him up in a bad way. What I mean by one hand is, Paulie was holding Cotto all night and Cotto had only one hand free to hit with. Let's see PBF do that. Paulie has gotten too much credit for that one cause if it wasn't for the holding, he would have been out of there. Don't forget that Cotto only fought in spurts that fight because of his trouble with the weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Boxer'
    First of all. Gatti slowed down badly after Floyd hit him with that cowardly punch after the ref clearly said "don't punch". Nobody but me seems to remember that but maybe it's because Gatti didn't mention it after the fight and the ref actually called it a knockdown. That was just a dirty and disrespectful way to treat a guy who has given so much to the sport.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What about it? Cotto fought that fight with one hand most of the night (and I'm not even talking about the injury) and still busted him up in a bad way. What I mean by one hand is, Paulie was holding Cotto all night and Cotto had only one hand free to hit with. Let's see PBF do that. Paulie has gotten too much credit for that one cause if it wasn't for the holding, he would have been out of there. Don't forget that Cotto only fought in spurts that fight because of his trouble with the weight.

pbf just did against baldomir, and hes done it a few other times in the past (against much better fighters than malignaggi)

Thread Information