Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Arm Wrestling

this may be a stupid question ..but im just wonderin if weight makes a difference for arm wrestlers....im 150 and my cuzin is over 200 and put me down no prob..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Arm Wrestling

Depends, a muscly guy weighing 200 can put down a fat guy weighing 200, but generally yes, in pure strength tests like arm wrestling, weight does help a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No way!

My bud, was all toasted drunk, at the time he was a boxer for over two years I believe, but before that he was in shape..... well anywayzz..
    This one BIG MUSCLE-HEAD dude was arm wrestling every big dude in the bar... He was beating everybody... and my bud all drunk and all says, "You can't beat me!"
    This big guy doesn't think anything of it, because my bud fights in the 141 lbs division.
    So they arm wrestle and my bud BEAT HIM! heheh
    The next day though, not drunk, he would find out that he tore some ligaments in his arm/elbow! hahaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's strength not weight. Good nerve stimulation to the right muscles is a lot to do with it. Strong rotator cuff muscles are important as well as technique.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least 3/4 techique I reckon
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strange one arm wrasslin. I used to work with this bloke steel fixing and he wasnt nothing special in the strength department, but arm wrestle the cunt and you'd do well to finish a days work. He put it down to plenty of masterbation but that cant be it............Im still shit at it.

Had a tournament once in work and one kids arm 'went' like the bloke in over the top, remember that? Had to tell everyone that he fell off some scaffold so he could make a claim
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

arm wrestling is a strange one, i think its down to things like shoulder width which gives you leverage etc , I could bench 125kg (i weighed 12 stone) but people who didnt even do any weights could beat me easy in am arm wrestle (i think as i have a natural small build) .
    Thats cricket

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Right, I will try and answer this in stages. Get ready:

First, design and build a matter transporter.

Then, ensure that a fly's DNA is mixed with yours for the initial trial test.

Next, slowly go doolally.

Then go to a biker's bar and rip someone's arm in half.

Easy. Perhaps I should be a MOD on the 'Ask (or Arcs) the Trainer' Forum ??
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's not size... as is the case most of the time... but I will add that my bud has unusually big biceps and triceps... and his forearms are bigger than average man's for his size. But he's small, haha. (He fights 141 now but is a natural 147 in amateurs.) Which is funny because he beat this huge muscle-head guy.

But no... size does not matter. Just as Yoda said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    It's not size... as is the case most of the time... but I will add that my bud has unusually big biceps and triceps... and his forearms are bigger than average man's for his size. But he's small, haha. (He fights 141 now but is a natural 147 in amateurs.) Which is funny because he beat this huge muscle-head guy.

I have a huge peni__s , size does matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saying that size dosnt matter is like looking at it in black and white.
    Yes, you can get small guys who are stronger than bigger heavier guys with the same bodyfat percentage.
    Some of the strongest people i know are small athletes, and i know a lot of steroid-heads.
    Yet you have to look at the simple fact, a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle.
    Now that doesnt necessarily mean that somebody with a 17inch bicep will beat somebody with a 16inch, but if that persons arm grew an extra inch, yes the muscle WILL be stronger. So generally the more muscle a guy has, the stronger he is. Thats excluding fat, drugs and olympic strength training (because those guys are unreal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai

I have a huge peni__s , size does matter
    Exactly!

You know Yoda was referring to his giganto peni__s when he said that!
    "Look at me?
    Judge me by my size, would you?
    And where you should not?
    Because my ally is the force, hidden behind these rugged clothes." hahah

Never judge a book by it's cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

theres a lot of technuiqe involed,but weight does help cause u put ur weight in to it,pro armwrestlers use hand grips so u can pull ur weight in to it

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stavros693000
    theres a lot of technuiqe involed,but weight does help cause u put ur weight in to it,pro armwrestlers use hand grips so u can pull ur weight in to it
    i remember watching someone arm wrestle on telly and someones hand snapped and there hand got broke so even though its fun thing to do to prove who is stronger ect ect gotta be careful because u can easily badly hurt other guy

Thread Information