Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Fighter of the Year?

Who would get your vote?

Floyd: beat Judah and Baldomir. I don't think quite as highly of those guys as some people do but they're two quality wins. Baldomir obviously would have been a shoe in if he had beaten Floyd, but he still did have wins over Judah and Gatti and came out of nowhere to do it.

Pacquiao: beat Morales twice and Oscar Larios.

Taylor: Drew with Winky, beat Ouma. Winky drew with Taylor, beat Quartey.

Cotto beat Quintana, Malignaggi and Branco. Not sure those are really good enough wins but he was active.

I would guess that Floyd and Pac would be the favorites.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fighter of the Year?

Id probably say Pac

Hatton was too inactive this year . So was Barrera . Cotto never really beat that many names.

Wvlad would be another contender who can make a decent case .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad beat Byrd (both of byrds title reigns are a joke and it's sad because he held one of the more legit alphabet belts) and he defended against brock. That's not a very good case.

A lot of people were convinced floyd would get dominated at a heavier weight and he proved them wrong.

Pacquiao avenged his loss to morales and then won the trilogy in impressive fashion

I think taylor gained more from the draw with winky than vice versa.

It's a tough decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It has to Pacman. Not only did he beat Larious (a very good boxer), he beat a LEGEND in Morales, and in the rubber match stopped him in 3 thats DAMN impressive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PACMAN 4 ME JUST STRONGER EVERY FIGHT BYEBYE BARERRA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    Wlad beat Byrd (both of byrds title reigns are a joke and it's sad because he held one of the more legit alphabet belts) and he defended against brock. That's not a very good case.
    I disagree, Byrd and Brock only became crap after Wlad beat them. Before their fights, Byrd was the longest reigning Alphabet title holder, and ranked number one heavyweight in the world; and Brock was the undefeated, great American prospect. Not only do Wlad beat these two respected fighters, but he destroyed them.

So I think Wlad has a shot, but I think the Ring will probably end up going with Pac Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by lance Uppercut
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher136
    I disagree, Byrd and Brock only became crap after Wlad beat them. Before their fights, Byrd was the longest reigning Alphabet title holder, and ranked number one heavyweight in the world; and Brock was the undefeated, great American prospect. Not only do Wlad beat these two respected fighters, but he destroyed them.

So I think Wlad has a shot, but I think the Ring will probably end up going with Pac Man
    Yeah byrd was the longest reigning champ after winning it from a shot holyfield and then defending it 4 times in 3 1/2 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacman had 3 fights this year and was impressive in all of them, avenging a loss. I think it must be him.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WLADIMIR KLITSCHKO!

He destroyed Chris Byrd, the longest reigning heavyweight title holder and only lost to one other fighter in his career.
    He destroyed Calvin Brock who was undefeated in 29 fights with 22 knockouts.
    Last year beat Sam Peter by UD, another big punching undefeated fighter with a record of 24 and 0 with 21 knockouts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would say Floyd as I thought he would get beaten at the higher weight classes but Mitchell,Judah and Baldo isn't good enough,I don't care what title it's for.

Has to be Manny. Lost to Morales the first time,I thought he would get beaten the second time but in the fight of the year,he proved me wrong big time being the first man to stop Morales!! That is the achievement of teh year too. Then.rather than take on a shot fighter or someone easy,he decided to fight the rugged and dangerous Oscar Larios and win's that too and then he ended Morales career third time around and it's not as if EVERYONE thought he would win the Morales,ALOT of peeps including myself chose Morales to win. Manny also showed alot of improvement in these 3 fights,making use of his right,footwork and his D was not too bad either,definitely better than before.Taking all this into account,definitely Pacquiao for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

probably gonna be pac this year.

pbf next year, after he dismantles delahoya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacman. I respect PBF but like Karl Malone told Micheal Jordan " you have won MVP before you will win it again, step down for one year".

Thread Information