Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tyson vs. Foreman

how come those two never fought in the mid 90's? they should of. if they did who would of won?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson vs. Foreman

I think they were unable to fight each other because George Foreman retired when Tyson was smothering the rest of the Heavyweights and when George returned, Mike was on prison. And if they fight each other, that would be a time where Mike Tyson was up and coming while George is fresh out of retirement so I say Tyson would destroy him. But if you are gonna consider them both on their primes. Its a toin coss on whos gonna land the bomb first. Foreman was a monster. He beat Frazier who beat Ali in a couple of rounds. Although Ali beat Foreman, Tyson is more like Frazier than Ali when it style speaking. So I say I prime Foreman knockouts a prime Tyson!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mutt
    . He beat Frazier who beat Ali in a couple of rounds.

Get your facts right, at least.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X

x he was saying foreman beat frazier in a couple of rounds...but this subject attracts mixed emotion and has been done to death,but fuk it,ill say my peace..tyson should not be compared to frazier,he was an evolutionary step above frazier,actually he was light years ahead of frazier.tyson was faster,stronger,near perfect defence with awsome offence,great combinations and superier head movement...Tyson would be all over foreman like sh!t to a blanket,hed have foreman out of there within 3 rounds..

peeps say all the time that if george koed frazier,hed do the same to tyson ..i dont think so,frazier lost cause he tryed to match the bigger,stronger foreman and got out muscled,when frazier got hit,he came in for more and got KTFO,he should have taken a step back and measured his man...where as tyson could match foreman power wise and use his superier head movement and defensive skills to get inside and rock the big man with his devastating combinations............of course im talking in there primes..post rooney,tyson became very hittable, and foreman might have stood a chance then,but he would still take a beating..it would be a war

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stavros693000

x he was saying foreman beat frazier in a couple of rounds...but this subject attracts mixed emotion and has been done to death,but fuk it,ill say my peace..tyson should not be compared to frazier,he was an evolutionary step above frazier,actually he was light years ahead of frazier.tyson was faster,stronger,near perfect defence with awsome offence,great combinations and superier head movement...Tyson would be all over foreman like sh!t to a blanket,hed have foreman out of there within 3 rounds..

peeps say all the time that if george koed frazier,hed do the same to tyson ..i dont think so,frazier lost cause he tryed to match the bigger,stronger foreman and got out muscled,when frazier got hit,he came in for more and got KTFO,he should have taken a step back and measured his man...where as tyson could match foreman power wise and use his superier head movement and defensive skills to get inside and rock the big man with his devastating combinations............of course im talking in there primes..post rooney,tyson became very hittable, and foreman might have stood a chance then,but he would still take a beating..it would be a war
    foreman is stronger tyson is faster im just wondering because tyson had suspect heart when he got hit with one of foremans big power punches would he take it ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

foreman is stronger tyson is faster im just wondering because tyson had suspect heart when he got hit with one of foremans big power punches would he take it ??
    im talking in there primes and tyson had heart in his prime..you have said it before ICE,TYSON TOOK hard shots from tucker and never even budged,but tysons chin never really got tested in his prime cause no one could land on him,plus foreman in his prime never beat no one except for frazier,so who did he fight and beat convincinly? no one! he got his ass kicked by young and lyle, ...frazier just didnt have the style(tyson was totaly dfferent fighter to joe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

man ive seen tones of foreman and tyson fights and IMO tyson wins easy...foremans only performance that impressed me was frazier and to some extent,norton....i was never impressed with foremans style,he was just a big ponderous clubber,he had no style,tyson would be way to fast for george,george is one of the slowest hw everIMO..tyson would land 4 punch combo before the big feller new what was going on

ICB Guest

im talking in there primes and tyson had heart in his prime..you have said it before ICE,TYSON TOOK hard shots from tucker and never even budged,but tysons chin never really got tested in his prime cause no one could land on him,plus foreman in his prime never beat no one except for frazier,so who did he fight and beat convincinly? no one! he got his a** kicked by young and lyle, ...frazier just didnt have the style(tyson was totaly dfferent fighter to joe)
    foreman also beat ken norton who was decent fighter but anyway jimmy young was very talented fighter he lost to norton in razor thin decision fight got draw against shavers who alot of people thought he won and again alot of people thought he got robbed by ali aswell plus foreman wasnt in his prime against young but there is still no shame in losing to jimmy young i only see tyson take 2 or 3 hard shots from tucker and that was first round i see him take good right hand from bonecursher but it was to late in the fight and i see him take good left from bruno but other than that never really see him hurt badly i never said his chin was bad look at the size of his neck man lol his bound to take a good shot its his heart to take punches from much stronger man is what im wondering about

ICB Guest

Jimmy Young -vs- George Foreman 1977 | Rounds 7-8

[youtube=425,350]P1aq5hIYF00[/youtube]

ICB Guest

i mean look stavros watch 7th round of that fight i still dont know how young took them bombs off foreman he was very special that night mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i actually watched that clip earlier today and i agree that young took alot of punishment..........but george should have koed his a$$..do u see what i mean about his style,he had young out on his feet but instead of staying poised and professional ,he just started whaling away at anything,much like he did against ali against the ropes,he was just swinging away like a drunk..i dont want to get off subject,but if tyson had ali against the ropes like that he wouldnt just swing like that,u remember the bruno fight,when bruno was against the ropes,tyson pick his shots,to the body and ripped it up the middle followed by a left hook!...thats why i give tyson the edge over foreman,cause foremans slow and dosent throw combinations

ICB Guest

yeah i actually watched that clip earlier today and i agree that young took alot of punishment..........but george should have koed his a$..do u see what i mean about his style,he had young out on his feet but instead of staying poised and professional ,he just started whaling away at anything,much like he did against ali against the ropes,he was just swinging away like a drunk..i dont want to get off subject,but if tyson had ali against the ropes like that he wouldnt just swing like that,u remember the bruno fight,when bruno was against the ropes,tyson pick his shots,to the body and ripped it up the middle followed by a left hook!...thats why i give tyson the edge over foreman,cause foremans slow and dosent throw combinations
    i see your point and i agree with that still would be interesting to see how tyson would cope when he got hit with one of his power punches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

yeah i actually watched that clip earlier today and i agree that young took alot of punishment..........but george should have koed his a$..do u see what i mean about his style,he had young out on his feet but instead of staying poised and professional ,he just started whaling away at anything,much like he did against ali against the ropes,he was just swinging away like a drunk..i dont want to get off subject,but if tyson had ali against the ropes like that he wouldnt just swing like that,u remember the bruno fight,when bruno was against the ropes,tyson pick his shots,to the body and ripped it up the middle followed by a left hook!...thats why i give tyson the edge over foreman,cause foremans slow and dosent throw combinations
    i see your point and i agree with that still would be interesting to see how tyson would cope when he got hit with one of his power punches
    cool im going to watch a movie now,16 blocks with bruce willis,catch ya later mate

ICB Guest

cool im going to watch a movie now,16 blocks with bruce willis,catch ya later mate
    ok mate peace

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rvk1331
    how come those two never fought in the mid 90's? they should of. if they did who would of won?
    If Foreman and Tyson had fought in early 1990 (instead of Tyson fighting Douglas) I would say it would have been Foreman who would have handed Tyson his first loss. I watched a weekend of Tyson fights on ESPN and really saw some flaws that Foreman would have exploited. Tall guys like Bonecrusher Smith tied him up and stayed the distance. The difference with Smith and Foreman was that Foreman would let his hands go and not wait and wait and wait til the closing seconds of the fight to let the big one go. Just my thoughts

Jody
    Formerly LuciferTheGreat

Thread Information