Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Dream UK match-ups of 2007 ?

2007 dream match-ups?

I'm interested to see what people think to these (...and what is the outcome, just for fun!)

John Murray V Kevin Mitchell (superfeather or lightweight?)

I could see Mitchell's speed giving Murray problems early doors, but as the fight continues i can see Murray taking control and landing good combo's through Mitchell's leaky defence.Murray wins on points

Enzo Macrinelli V David Haye

I can see a huge punch-up whilst it lasts and although difficult to determine the outcome, the classier Haye gets the win either by late TKO or points

Lenny Daws V Young Mutley

Mutley carries the power and hunger with dangerous punching, but Lenny Daws has a never-give up approach and will take over the fight from the mid-point for a points win, unless Mutley catches him with a big effort in the first half of the fight.

Any more to add to these 3?.....

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Dream UK match-ups of 2007 ?

Thread.

Hatton v Witter

Great potential matchup and Witter would rise up given a come forward old school style of scrapper like the Hitman.
    Just get the feeling that Ricky would employ some spite and f*cking ruin Junior simply for National 'Face'.

Froch v Kessler

Ok it's not a Pure domestic bash but one that i think could maybe happen and i feel that Froch has the power,chin and odd style to match any super middle..even now.
    Bold statement maybe but i don't see anyone at the weight giving his chin grief.
    Froch is all about the KO imo and all he does is look for it with ever growing confidence.
    One of my fave UK fighters at present.

Harrison v Arthur

Could well happen and Jim Watt has called for it via skyboxing.
    Not a big leap for Alex weight wise and i see Arthur taking him if Harrison has distractions in the build up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Skelton, Harrison and Gammer.

Id be very interested in any fight involving 2 of these guys although the outcomes a little hard to call. If Audley turns up looking as good as he did against Williams I see him beating either of the others but if hes anything less than 100% he loses to both. Skelton and Gammer would really be tough, Gammers looking very good recently but Skeltons obviously a big step up for him. Whatever the outcome the best of these 3 could have a real chance at world honours not too far off.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just got your PM Gomez

We got some big me Cobra fans in the house.

Set the interview up and im on it

saddoboxing - dislcaimer.
    Hope your not full of S*** and infact genuine

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see.....

Heavy

Skelton V Harrison. Purely to sort it all out and move on. Fuck Gammer, he's turd.

Cruiser

No guesses for this one. Haye V Macarrinelli. Haye hammers him IMO.

Light Heavy

Woods V Calzaghe. Woods deserves the big pay day this would bring and Calzaghe needs to add some luster to his resume. Calzaghe late TKO.

Super middle.

Again no guesses for this one. Calzaghe V Froch. Old lion versus young lion. Froch's good chin ensures that he hears the final bell but drops a lopsided decision.

Middle

Eastman V Duddy. If Duddy is legit he beats Eastman.

Light middle

Pryce V Alexander. Someone is getting knocked the fuck out and its a brave man who picks which one. This one could get messy

Welterweight

Anderson V Jennings. Both been in with Young Muttley with Anderson winning by late TKO and Jennings dropping a split decision. Jennings looks destined to hover around British title level and no more. I'm not labelling Anderson as a world beater but he takes this one for me by unanimous decision.

Light welter

Hatton Witter. Witter dangerous for about nine minutes and then takes a sustained beating for as long as he can last, probably for the remaining 27 minutes.

Lightweight

Amir Khan V Graham Earl. I'd back Khan to beat Earl as soon as he has a couple more 10 rounders under his belt. Khan 'world' champion in 07

Super featherweight

AAA V Harrison. I'd love to see Arthur batter Harrison into submission. Unfortunately for me I think Arthur proves to be far to good for Harrison and embarrasses him on the cards. Afterwards Harrison goes for a pint or three.

Featherweight

Cook V Matthews. Derry Matthews finds the step up in class a little too much to deal with as he is outmuscled by Cook and stopped on his feet late.

We'll skip Super bantamweight

Bantamweight

Power V Haskins

Both beaten by Munyai and Powers fancies some more of the same. Haskins is no bantam and Powers eventually wears him down.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whos the dude on the right with the skinhead? If I had arms that size I'd roll me sleeves up for photos and show em off a bit Also got a Kostya Tszyu lookalike on the left.

Middle one looks a twat
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That is alledgedley a Froch foe

Khan v Earl is a potential belter mate
    Didn't spring to mind at first but yes fella!! Good call
    Khan will have a huge year in 2007 and put himself on the doorstep of world titles no question in my head.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It shouldnt be a belter. If Amir is any good he should wipe the floor with Earl.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't agree and think Khan scrapes it .... WARREN style

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[quote=Memphis ]
    I'd like to see.....

Heavy

Skelton V Harrison. Purely to sort it all out and move on. Fuck Gammer, he's turd.

A bit harsh on Gammer, clearly an underdog against Skelton or Harrison but I predicted him easily wiping the floor with Williams before Harrison beat him to it so in my opinion he wouldnt be too out of place in a ring with either of them. Audley wants him and he turned it down but cant be too long before he takes on one of them and I wouldnt write him off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A bit harsh on Gammer, clearly an underdog against Skelton or Harrison but I predicted him easily wiping the floor with Williams before Harrison beat him to it so in my opinion he wouldnt be too out of place in a ring with either of them. Audley wants him and he turned it down but cant be too long before he takes on one of them and I wouldnt write him off.

wasnt meant to be part of the quote that bit was me, anyway Gammer looks promising

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smashup
    Don't agree and think Khan scrapes it .... WARREN style
    You think Earl is that good, Amir is that bad or a bit of both?

Maybe I was a bit hard on Gammer. Seriously though all I see is a big lump who can fight a little bit, nothing special. If he is the best we've got then god help us.

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beerjelly

wasnt meant to be part of the quote that bit was me, anyway Gammer looks promising
    I'm with you bro....Harrison has no jab whatsoever and I reckon Gammer would outwork Harrison to a late stoppage. FFS Harrison was blowing after a couple of rounds with Danny, and Gammer's proved he can go 12 with ease, albeit against a fighter who doesn't believe the ludicrous notion that he's the next HW champion.

Elsewhere, I'd like Skelton against either of these chaps, Haye v Maccarinelli would be a goody. Clinton Woods v Joe Calzaghe anyone? I'd prefer to see that one towards the end of 2007 though, so Calz can have a few more big fights at SMW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis
    Whos the dude on the right with the skinhead? If I had arms that size I'd roll me sleeves up for photos and show em off a bit Also got a Kostya Tszyu lookalike on the left.

Middle one looks a twat
    They're both just jealous of my looks

Shortly after this pic, i gave them a hiding.

Kostya Tszyu style!

Thread Information