Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: if margarito beats cotto and then challenges mayweather and he refuses then what

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default if margarito beats cotto and then challenges mayweather and he refuses then what

i was just thinking about this if margarito beat cotto and he challenged mayweather and he refused then is mayweather really ducking magarito your thoughts please ??

and im not mayweather hater i like the guy just wanted to know what you guys and girls thought about this topic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: if margarito beats cotto and then challenges mayweather and he refuses then what

Well, if he refused to fight Margarito, I suppose it's because he feels he can't beat him, or is it because he wants more money.

I personally think Mayweather should fight Hatton, Cotto and Margarito, not all at once ot in that order, he should just fight them as that would go along way in demonstrating how great he really is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: if margarito beats cotto and then challenges mayweather and he refuses then what

cotto would not lose to margarito and margarito would lose to mayweather

ICB Guest

Default Re: if margarito beats cotto and then challenges mayweather and he refuses then

Quote Originally Posted by ds91
    i dont think he would either but im talking if he beat cotto and mayweather didnt fight him i think that would be bad for mayweathers legacy then because people would always say he ducked magarito

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: if margarito beats cotto and then challenges mayweather and he refuses then

That's likely what would happen, but if we entertain the idea that margarito somehow beat cotto and challenged PBF..

First of all, if the fight against DLH is PBF's last than...oh well.

But If margarito somehow got by cotto (again, theoretically) and challenged Floyd, than I think Floyd would fight him for two reasons:

1) Floyd was never scared or ducking margarito; he just wasn't going to fight a no name/unproven fighter.
    2) Floyd wouldnt have a problem disposing of margarito, and he would no doubt like to get whoop him for all that "Fraud" Mayweather jazz that arum and margarito were spreading

I think win or lose Floyd and DLH will want a rematch. That is a HUGE money fight. Can you imagine seeing a PBF-DLH trilogy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Margarito will lose to Cotto. Mayweather may or may not fight Cotto. IMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    i dont think he would either but im talking if he beat cotto and mayweather didnt fight him i think that would be bad for mayweathers legacy then because people would always say he ducked magarito
    yeah i see what you mean. i want mayweather to fight margarito so margarito fans will shut the fuck up about him ducking him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no way Floyd is ducking or will duck Margarito in the future, After Tony's last fight and how he performed Floyd would be foaming at the mouth to get him in the ring, IMO if Floyd wasnt set to take on Oscar FLoyd would probably of made the match, Just to silence all the critics once in for all.

I dont know what direction Floyd will go in if he wins, loses or draws with Oscar.. all I know is Floyds gotta big challenge ahead of him in May and Margarito has his hands full whether its with young Upstart Paul Williams or the Buzzsaw Wrecking ball Miguel Cotto...

Things can drastically change in the next 6-8 months..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends if he is planning to retire, and/or if he has a fight lined up with Mosley... I honestly believe that Margaritto isn't worth his while, and that if he dominates Margaritto that Tony will be considered just another opponent, and that Mayweather will get more haters for not taking on a guy like Mosley or Hatton.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Depends if he is planning to retire, and/or if he has a fight lined up with Mosley... I honestly believe that Margaritto isn't worth his while, and that if he dominates Margaritto that Tony will be considered just another opponent, and that Mayweather will get more haters for not taking on a guy like Mosley or Hatton.
    Agreed. If Mayweather doesn't retire after ODH, and Margarito somehow manages not to lose to Cotto, the biggest potential fights (all MUCH bigger than a fight against Margarito) are:

1) rematch with ODH
    2) Shane Mosely
    3) Winky Wright (that's the one he'd lose)
    4) Ricky Hatton

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by shza
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    Agreed. If Mayweather doesn't retire after ODH, and Margarito somehow manages not to lose to Cotto, the biggest potential fights (all MUCH bigger than a fight against Margarito) are:

1) rematch with ODH
    2) Shane Mosely
    3) Winky Wright (that's the one he'd lose)
    4) Ricky Hatton
    depends if he dominates odh then wouldnt be no point of rematch if hatton loses to castillo thats not an option either i dont think he will fight mosley and mayweather at middleweight not so sure if things dont go mayweathers way after the odh fight there might not be much out there for him so hopefully everything works out so mayweather can get the big fights

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Margairto beats Mosley that would mean he got through Cintron, Clottey, Williams (whom I think will beat Margarito) and Cotto. He would HAVE to get a shot. Floyd's never been that bad about ducking people. I think he knows that by the time a potential Cotto - Margarito fight comes along, Tony will have had a good amount of exposure. And I think Floyd will reward that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather beats them both
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Truthfully, IWO, I see no way that Margarito beats Cotto...not unless Cotto just get's stupid & leaves himself open...& even then...I don't believe that he has the power to stop Cotto.

I'll be truly surprised if Arum makes the fight.

I just can't see him losing one of his two biggest draws.
    Never beg a 40 dollar hooker...specially after she's just turned down your mom's credit card!!

Thread Information