Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default PBF at 130 back in the day.

I've just watched Pacquiao-Barrera, and all three of his fights against Morrales... and I've watched some Gernaro Hernandez and Corrales vs. Mayweather and some of his lesser opponents... Anyways from what I saw Mayweather hits pretty close to as hard as Pacquaio at the weight and IMO maybe even harder considering how many fewer punches he throws to get the same result... I think that Mayweather's power is among the most underrated things in boxing. There is a reason why guys like Castillo and Baldomir couldn't just walk straight in against PBF, and that though there is no way he could KO ODLH I believe he could keep ODLH from just walking straight in through all his punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PBF at 130 back in the day.

No doubt and no hiding the fact that i LOVE mayweather at super feather and lightweight..
    Im not ashamed to say that.. especially lightweight!
    That is where he fought the best competetion.. jesus chavez, chico corrales, Castillo twice..
    and thats where he had the power!!
    of course its far to late to go back there now.. I dont believe floyd will ever be as exciting as he was then again .. but no doubt he has some serious skill and god given talent to have kept going to where he is now..
    My sub question to this post is:
    Oscar managed to claim a world title at middleweight.. And in a way especially since floyd is taking this fight with oscar now.. floyd has lived somewhat in oscars shadow..
    Who thinks floyd could take a middleweight title or higher?
    Now what i think.. we all know floyd wouldnt mind out doing oscar..
    what if floyd (yes WHAT IF only)
    Was able to move yet further and yet remain defeated up until super mid..
    A definate long shot!! crazy maybe?
    But that would have to demand legendary status..
    I personally would like to see floyd work with mackie shilstone.. and try to recover some of the power he seems to have lost in all these move's up in weight?!
    Peace
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PBF would have beat MAC Morales PAC and JMM.

easiest to hardest victory for PBF

1. Pac
    2. morrales
    3. MAB
    4. JMM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would agree with that because Morrales, Barrera, and JMM would try to box him, and would be absolutely destroyed by his speed, and skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Pac's boxing skill is still disrespected. Still, people see him as a brawler. I'm not saying that he could win on PBF. But being the easiest win? I don't think so. Pac is not a slow slugging crap that PBF would school out for the whole fight. Pac has a chance, but he is he underdog. As I said, he is not the easiest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought he meant that Pacquaio would be the hardest... my bad. IMO Pacquaio because of his speed and aggression fares better against a guy like PBF than any of these other guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At 130 MAB, Morrales, Pac would all be very tough fights. MAB vs PBF would be my pick though coz Mab can box aswell and brawl.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taeth
    I thought he meant that Pacquaio would be the hardest... my bad. IMO Pacquaio because of his speed and aggression fares better against a guy like PBF than any of these other guys.
    No he doesn't. Mayweather had a devastating jab at those weights too and was even faster then he is right now. I'm not sure Pacquiao could cope with Mayweathers speed, defe,se counter punching accuracy and power all at once
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like Oscar though, being that young, you grow into your weight, his progression through the weights has been in conjunction to his body growing, but now that he's stepping up another 7 pounds you do worry he's out of his depth, although people always said that 147 may be too far up, in saying that, he never faught a big welterweight power wise, and Oscar maybe hits close to as hard as a 154 guy can hit. If Mayweather wins, he'll go down as an all time great, no question, and there will only be one question left in my eyes, can you beat Ricky Hatton? I know what people think, beating Hatton is no achievement compared to bating osacr at 154, but its the styles that make that fight for me, not the weight or the records.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty
    No he doesn't. Mayweather had a devastating jab at those weights too and was even faster then he is right now. I'm not sure Pacquiao could cope with Mayweathers speed, defe,se counter punching accuracy and power all at once
    yes he would. im not so sure if floyd can hide from rapid punches all night long
    he'll have his troubles with pacs pressures but hes gonna win by UD due to his
    accuracy and efficiency. pac doesnt really care about his opponents strengths
    floyd does. pacq knows hes physically gifted and he has the talent
    he believes and depends a lot with his strength and utilizes it as long as he could.
    pressure pressure pressure. just like zab hes gonna hit floyd. but he wont KO him
    with floyd he uses his mind and uses his opponents strength to explore their weaknesses
    thats why i dont think pac should be the one concerned about floyds advantages
    floyd would be the one cautious and that should make him prevail. one thing. he has the chin to do it.
    if pacs opponents can outbox him and at the same time possess the chin to last 12 rounds
    pac is gonna get schooled. jmm did it before. and floyd would do it at any given night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He meant easiest

Thread Information