Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob Arum: "Cotto Would Break Mayweather"

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Bob Arum: "Cotto Would Break Mayweather"

well just read this there trying to stage four cotto events first against urkal second one against margarito and then there trying to get one against mayweather bob arum thinks cotto will break mayweather in 2 cotto also stated the he doesnt like talk i know all the good boxers i know i can fight them and beat them i have no doubts what do you peeps think about this ??

SigmaMu Guest

Default Re: Bob Arum: "Cotto Would Break Mayweather"

This will be another good reason for Floyd to retire. He better not come into the WWD unless he wants his pretty little azz kicked. Floyd would suffer the same fate Paulette Malignagi faced (no pun intended) Cotto only needs a few hard shots to break these little Pretty running Boys of the squared circle.

I guess the headlines will read..
    "Floyd was scared into retirement."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There are a lot of great matchups in this division for PBF to take on, but with his recent opponent selection I fear that a number of great match ups wont come through....we could have Mosley, Cotto, Margarito but I doubt these would be easy fights to make...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles
    There are a lot of great matchups in this division for PBF to take on, but with his recent opponent selection I fear that a number of great match ups wont come through....we could have Mosley, Cotto, Margarito but I doubt these would be easy fights to make...

EXACTLY! It pisses me off when you hear PBF fans say what has so and so done to deserve a shot etc etc all that BS. Boxers fight each other to see who the best is,they fight the threats,the challengers etc. Look at alll these fights PBF has missed for one reason or another: Freitas/Casamayor/Tszyu/Spadafora etc et and then Cotto,Mosley,Margarito. If he is being honesy about retiring after the Oscar fight,he is missing out and ESPECIALLY as he thinks he is good enough to beat all these guys,I'd like to pick up the paydays and the enhanced legacy,wouldnt you?

Arum is just talking nonsense again,I mean when he had Floyd, was he not the one saying Floyd is the best boxer he has ever had etc etc. He's just doing his job I guess.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Gamo

EXACTLY! It pisses me off when you hear PBF fans say what has so and so done to deserve a shot etc etc all that BS. Boxers fight each other to see who the best is,they fight the threats,the challengers etc. Look at alll these fights PBF has missed for one reason or another: Freitas/Casamayor/Tszyu/Spadafora etc et and then Cotto,Mosley,Margarito. If he is being honesy about retiring after the Oscar fight,he is missing out and ESPECIALLY as he thinks he is good enough to beat all these guys,I'd like to pick up the paydays and the enhanced legacy,wouldnt you?

Arum is just talking nonsense again,I mean when he had Floyd, was he not the one saying Floyd is the best boxer he has ever had etc etc. He's just doing his job I guess.
    Agreed. Arum is just being Arum and trying to sell his fighters.

As for Floyd? Well, if beating an aged and semi active DelaHoya is really the pinnacle then it shows you how deluded he is. To retire on that would be a sham. A complete farce! DelaHoya will be coming off a scond very lengthy lay off. And Floyd is at his best. Floyd may be moving up in weight, but he is not exactly Mayorga!!

I think PBF can and will beat Oscar. DelaHoya was a great fighter but these long layoffs will show, and I see PBF outboxing him...

To retire on that and say "That proves im the best"...well, that is a fallacy...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As for Floyd? Well, if beating an aged and semi active DelaHoya is really the pinnacle then it shows you how deluded he is. To retire on that would be a sham. A complete farce! DelaHoya will be coming off a scond very lengthy lay off. And Floyd is at his best. Floyd may be moving up in weight, but he is not exactly Mayorga!!

I think PBF can and will beat Oscar. DelaHoya was a great fighter but these long layoffs will show, and I see PBF outboxing him...

To retire on that and say "That proves im the best"...well, that is a fallacy...
    Totally agree and although Oscar Floyd will be a great spectacle,I honestly do not see how Oscar will win. People say the size advantage etc but most of the guys Floyd has fought have size advantages. Oscar is coming off yet ANOTHER long layoff,has had like 3 fights in2/3 years etc and Mayorga is hardly ideal preperation for Floyd is he. Like I said when the fight was made,it'll be an amazin gspectacle,a promoters dream but I don't think the fight will be that good,I think there will be a win for Floyd and a possible rematch.

And although Floyd will get alot of credit if he beats Oscar,it'll be more to do with the weight than actually beating Oscar.Fallacy indeed Mr. Miles...excellent points you made there and glad to see someone else here has their head in the right place.

Do you envisage any way in which Oscar wins?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Totally agree and although Oscar Floyd will be a great spectacle,I honestly do not see how Oscar will win. People say the size advantage etc but most of the guys Floyd has fought have size advantages. Oscar is coming off yet ANOTHER long layoff,has had like 3 fights in2/3 years etc and Mayorga is hardly ideal preperation for Floyd is he. Like I said when the fight was made,it'll be an amazin gspectacle,a promoters dream but I don't think the fight will be that good,I think there will be a win for Floyd and a possible rematch.

And although Floyd will get alot of credit if he beats Oscar,it'll be more to do with the weight than actually beating Oscar.Fallacy indeed Mr. Miles...excellent points you made there and glad to see someone else here has their head in the right place.

Do you envisage any way in which Oscar wins?
    If Oscar wants to win then he's got to mix it up. He cannot be respecting PBF too much or else PBF is going to stick and move. Actually, I like Oscar a lot, but I just dont see him pulling off the career finale at all. Like you say Floyd has handled bigger men his entire career. Baldomir barely laid a glove on him! Oscar has to be the aggresor and let the hands go. He's got to push Floyd to the ropes and rip the body. Let him feel that power! If he holds back then he will be taken apart by jabs and combos.

These "hollywood" endings are great for movies but seldom relate to the boxing world...

SigmaMu Guest

Good points. CC

I agree, beating Oscar will not solidify PBF's claims to greatness and it will not silence his critics. Maybe he should fight Larry Merchant before he retires.

Funny how Arum got off the Tony Margarito "Boogie Man Express" and is now saying that Cotto is the man to beat PBF either way, we have two young hungry lions waiting to call PBF's bluff. PBF likes fighting aged boxers and soft hitters. He don't want to phuk with the young hard hitting lions. I say the BOY is a coward and will go down as that.

Is it me or has Bob Arum thrown Tony Margarito under the bus?

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_G

Good points. CC

I agree, beating Oscar will not solidify PBF's claims to greatness and it will not silence his critics. Maybe he should fight Larry Merchant before he retires.

Funny how Arum got off the Tony Margarito "Boogie Man Express" and is now saying that Cotto is the man to beat PBF either way, we have two young hungry lions waiting to call PBF's bluff. PBF likes fighting aged boxers and soft hitters. He don't want to phuk with the young hard hitting lions. I say the BOY is a coward and will go down as that.

Is it me or has Bob Arum thrown Tony Margarito under the bus?

CC, right back

A lot of the clamour for Margarito: PBF does seem to have quietened. Personally, Im more excited about the prospects of Cotto right now....Cotto: Margarito would be a great fight too...Would give PBF chills!

ICB Guest

This will be another good reason for Floyd to retire. He better not come into the WWD unless he wants his pretty little azz kicked. Floyd would suffer the same fate Paulette Malignagi faced (no pun intended) Cotto only needs a few hard shots to break these little Pretty running Boys of the squared circle.

just because he didnt want to fight someone with no real recognition aka margarito doesnt mean he would duck cotto he probably will fight cotto after his oscar fight should he win it i notice you seem to hate mayweather what dont you like about him his style or his attitude ??

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

just because he didnt want to fight someone with no real recognition aka margarito doesnt mean he would duck cotto he probably will fight cotto after his oscar fight should he win it i notice you seem to hate mayweather what dont you like about him his style or his attitude ??
    I myself like Mayweather, but have issues with his opponent selection...If he was to fight Cotto after beating DLH then fair play!

ICB Guest

I myself like Mayweather, but have issues with his opponent selection...If he was to fight Cotto after beating DLH then fair play!
    if he did that then not even the man himself danny g could hate on him then :P

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

if he did that then not even the man himself danny g could hate on him then :P
    on that then we must agree!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this the same Bob Arum that said Floyd was a greater fighter then SRL!? ONE WORD-IDIOT

SigmaMu Guest

For PBF to run around saying nobody knows who Tony Margarito is was bullshiet and he knows it. He has been afraid of Tony for sometime now and he knew who Tony is.

What I don't like about his style? His elbow to the face, neck and throat while in a clinch and while pushing off is not a legal boxing tactic and he should be penalized for doing it everytime.

One of his PBF's fan boys says he uses his forearm but I have watched him use his elbow.

Here are some quotes from one of his fan boys:

"Also Floyd is Like a finally tuned sports car, but we forget Prettty Boy Floyd has a few tricks as well:

1) Floyd likes to push the forearm in the throat when coming out of the break(which will wear you out over time)

2)Floyd also likes to bear down on the back of your neck going into the clinch as well(also designed to wear you out)

I like the Mayweather Forearm pressing down the back of the head as well as Pushing off and pushing off with the Forearm under the nose grinding as he pushes off....

Another thing I don't like about Floyd is that he runs from fighters who have no power. The great fighters of yesteryear would never run from soft hitters they would knock them out. No one would boo or leave before their fights were over

And as far as his attitude outside of the ring? I say he is bi polar and he is not an embassador of this sport.

Thread Information