Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Jason Litzau

i hadnt heard of him untill the other night when i saw him get knocked out by jose harnandez but he did have a gd record or 20wins 18by ko nd was just wandering wether he was considered a big prospect. Bcos i thought he was well a head on the score card nd he also had a gd jab and grew in confidence from the 2nd round onwards nd won all the rounds untill he got knocked out, i thought he does have talent but hes 23 i think but looks nd is built like an 18 year old. So was he considered as a future champ or contender?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jason Litzau

He falls into the same category as Ebo Elder and John Duddy. An overrated white boy who got exposed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough VD i thoguht he was a bit suspect when he was getting wobbled by an average opponent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough VD i thoguht he was a bit suspect when he was getting wobbled by an average opponent

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Elder was never rated high to begin with imo. It was a good fight, but beating Courtney Burton didn't do much for me :-/

And Duddy never got exposed. Don't think he's to good though. I don't buy into this great white hype stuff anyways. Color doesn't matter to much except when it comes to publicity and marketabilty. I suppose Andre Ward will do me good though, he'll be good. And he's half white

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Litzau has good skills but his head is fucked up. Everyone knew that he'd be exposed because he neglects boxing and wants to brawl. That's fine, the only problem with brawling is that a chin is usually required.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its hard to tell, its how Jason comes back the loss that will determine what kind of fighter he will become .. a loss can be a good thing , its how one handles it, if he learns from it. Can he come back with the same determination factor and confidence with the added elements of better defense ? the kids got an excitment factor to him.

Don’t forget The guy he fought could crack, he decent power, and he could damn sure take. plenty of fighters out there that would have canvassed on Litzau's onslaught.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Litzau is a prospect, been on Friday Night Fights a few times, and put on good shows. This HBO fight was his first step up and he was showcased. He's got decent power, and decent skills. He also likes to fight and is entertaining. I watched the fight replay and he was dominating that fight. He lost because of a great effort that round by his opponent, not because he has no chin, or got exposed. Now we will see how he handles this loss. And find out if he's championship material or if he's just gonna stay a prospect.

I prefer real life fighters with strengths and weaknesses, wins and losses, and seeing guys like Baldomir become champion. I strongly believe that you can't judge a fighter until they lose. The kid has enough ability, and many very good fighters lose, even by ko. I want to see a rematch and see if his confidence is still intact.
    Hidden Content

My favorite Boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was immpressed by kim all of the middle rounds, I think that he can still do really well, but i do have to question his chin.
    Psalm 144: Blessed be the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he needs to start listening to his corner.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Litzau showed quite a good chin actually - he was getting hit flush with some real bombs in the first and last rounds. It was several punches that finished him off if you watch it as he took a helluva shallacking in that final round.

He has good boxing skills and stamina, he's awkward and he comes to fight. In fact, if he had listened to his corner he would have scored a wide points decision. It's to his credit that he came to fight, the mark of a saleable prospect is a crowd pleaser. If he had ran his way to a points decision, he would please all the purists and afficianados like us, but he also needs crossover fans if he is going to be big.

Please, guys, lets not get too hung up on this crap about only unbeaten fighters being prospects. Nearly all the greats were great because they properly learned their trade - usually via a couple of losses - before they hit the big time.

If he treats this correctly, and learns from it, this loss could be the best thing to happen to Jason Litzau, as a fighter
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The KO of Litzau should be a warning to Amir Khan, flashy style, fast, accurate and impressive punching that can dominate fights, but a severe flaw in their make up makes them vulnerable. Still, time for him to learn, and improve. The chin isn't really an issue IMO for Litzau, the problem was that he was taking clean right hands at a right angle to his line of sight, they'll knock anyone out when you don't see them coming, the neck is relaxed, and that makes the KO effect much more dramatic.
    Remember the good old days, we miss you Marco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never did like him. Too stupid inside the rings. Doesn't listen to his corner. Also, may have a China Chin.

Thread Information