Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stallone Glad He Picked Tarver over Jones

Share/Bookmark
    ICB Guest

Default Stallone Glad He Picked Tarver over Jones

just read this and stallone is happy he picked tarver over jones in rocky 6 he thinks tarver is a superior actor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Stallone Glad He Picked Tarver over Jones

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING
    just read this and stallone is happy he picked tarver over jones in rocky 6 he thinks tarver is a superior actor
    And a superior speaker, they should have let him be more of a villian in the movie such as the previous Rocky opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not so sure about the rumour that stallone originally intended the part to be for roy jones?

I certainly know that when Antonio was asked to do the part it was around the time in which he had jus knocked out jones and was bieng a real bastard at the pressers and such
    i certainly would assume that the part was meant for a bad guy like tarver and that he was always intended to play the guy...
    Immortal Technique

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"It my time now"
    "Youuuuuruh bes wohn be good enuh"

haha... after watching The Tarver-Hopkins build up montage thing I can't see how... I've seen Roy in The Matrix and Devil's advocate (I think)

Not actually that bad... certainly not as bad as what I saw of Tarver in that hilarious Hopkins build up video (any one got a link? )

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would have prefered to see an unknown to be honest. It does detract from the film when you know that the bad guy turned good is a light heavyweight and not a very good one at that.

I thought Tarver did well.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

I would have prefered someone unknown as well....or a historical fighter like Bernard Hopkins but then B-Hop and Rocky Balboa are so similar in their humility their ability to achieve over long odds and ......their (cough) longevity

A good young/new actor would have been great for the movie....50 Cent anyone

Apollo Creed was supposed to be played by Earnie "The Acorn" Shavers but he broke Sly's ribs in sparring

But also one must remember Sly is like 5'2 and hell he weighed 154 in Rocky 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Lyle
    I would have prefered someone unknown as well....or a historical fighter like Bernard Hopkins but then B-Hop and Rocky Balboa are so similar in their humility their ability to achieve over long odds and ......their (cough) longevity

Apollo Creed was supposed to be played by Earnie "The Acorn" Shavers but he broke Sly's ribs in sparring

Seriously I was thinking Nard as a choice since he just looks like a fighter but not a flashy modern one.. I cant stand Tarver and think he is a Flash in the pan and the most overrated Boxer of the last 7 years. It pains me to say this but he was perfect for the role and did a damn good job...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IM GLAD HE PICKED TARVER ,the movie was awsome,best one of all...and alot of u are saying that you would prefer an unknown,but tarver is an unknown,only boxing fans know who he is, the rest of the free world wouldnt have a clue..and adam GB,know i know what ur talking about,i didnt know jones had acted before,but i remember seeing him in the matrix 2 or 3?

....hey lyle,ur joking right? stallones like 5'11 and weighed over 200lbs at the time of rocky 4!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

50 Cent Lyle? Are you trying to forever ruin the franchise? Musta never seen Get Rich or Die Tryin

Hate Tarver...but he really does a good job in this one. And Lou Dibella is just as hatable as ever

El Kabong Guest

Tarver has a chip on his shoulder and maybe for him it's for good reason but to have such a hate for ONE fighter and then treating a great guy like Hopkins like he's some washed up bum is nothing to be proud of.

Roy didn't dodge Tarver, Tarver just lost the elimination bout....he also lost the first fight but bitched enough to get a rematch.

Tarver was a good villain but his character doesn't seem to have the Creed, Lang, Drago edge to me

Stavros HONESTLY Sly is like 5'3 and weighed 154....I mean look at when he and Briggette Neilsen were dating....she dwarfed that little dude

The franchise was ruined when Tommy Morrison showed up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tarver was a good villain but his character doesn't seem to have the Creed, Lang, Drago edge to me
    Didnt need to have an edge or to be over the top, This one was put together smart and had nothing extreme and I believe it was a good call by Stallone in light of the whole sensitive issue of the bucket of puke that was called Rocky 5, he ended the series nicely without any bullshit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

actually sly is more like 5'7. and shavers was supposed to play the role of Clubber Lang in Rocky III. Carl Weathers won the role of Apollo in the first Rocky as a virtual unkown football player from San Diego State as sort of a surprise. He so identified with the character that when he and stallone were asked to do an on the spot audition scene, the chemistry between the actors was so good, he was asked to do the role of Creed. Great choice too. Apollo Creed is one of my favorite movie characters of all time.

"You know somethin, Stallion? It's too bad we gotta get old..."

"Apollo Creed versus the EYE-talian Stallion. Ha! Sounds like a damn monster movie."

"We have to be right in the middle of the action cause we the warriors! And without some challenge...without some damn war to fight than the warrior may as well be dead Stallion. I'm asking you. As a friend. Stand by my side this one last time."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddavestafford

actually sly is more like 5'7. and shavers was supposed to play the role of Clubber Lang in Rocky III. Carl Weathers won the role of Apollo in the first Rocky as a virtual unkown football player from San Diego State as sort of a surprise. He so identified with the character that when he and stallone were asked to do an on the spot audition scene, the chemistry between the actors was so good, he was asked to do the role of Creed. Great choice too. Apollo Creed is one of my favorite movie characters of all time.

"You know somethin, Stallion? It's too bad we gotta get old..."

"Apollo Creed versus the EYE-talian Stallion. Ha! Sounds like a damn monster movie."

"We have to be right in the middle of the action cause we the warriors! And without some challenge...without some damn war to fight than the warrior may as well be dead Stallion. I'm asking you. As a friend. Stand by my side this one last time."
    Ah man the last line always brought a tear to my eye

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tarver has a chip on his shoulder and maybe for him it's for good reason but to have such a hate for ONE fighter and then treating a great guy like Hopkins like he's some washed up bum is nothing to be proud of.

Roy didn't dodge Tarver, Tarver just lost the elimination bout....he also lost the first fight but bitched enough to get a rematch.

Stavros HONESTLY Sly is like 5'3 and weighed 154....I mean look at when he and Briggette Neilsen were dating....she dwarfed that little dude

yeah but lyle,im talking about rocky 4,stallone got in great shape for that movie,the biggest hes ever been for a movie role,u have to watch it again when hes fighting drago,balboas fuking huge ,he got bigger tities than pammy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by stavros693000

yeah stallone was so rocked in IV it was ridiculous. and tarver wasnt really supposed to be a villain in the traditional villain sense. his character is not a bad guy in the film...he is just an underappreciated heavyweight champ who wants his respect. he has no bad intentions towards balboa and even offers to take it easy on him if he wants. like i said in previous posts, the real "bad guy" in Rocky VI is life itself. Like Rocky says, "No one hits harder than life..."

yeah but lyle,im talking about rocky 4,stallone got in great shape for that movie,the biggest hes ever been for a movie role,u have to watch it again when hes fighting drago,balboas fuking huge ,he got bigger tities than pammy

Thread Information