Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai
    Frazier to this day thinks Foreman would have "whupped" Tyson.

I'd have to agree. Foreman by KO. And "if Tyson fought smart"

... yo ... Tyson don't fight smart. heh

Foreman in his prime would beat Mike I think yeah, Foreman in the year 1987 would get put to sleep. Look at the grief moorer gave george then multiply it by 100....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheCruelBallet
    Frazier to this day thinks Foreman would have "whupped" Tyson.

I'd have to agree. Foreman by KO. And "if Tyson fought smart"

... yo ... Tyson don't fight smart. heh

Foreman in his prime would beat Mike I think yeah, Foreman in the year 1987 would get put to sleep. Look at the grief moorer gave george then multiply it by 100....
    Moorer is a boxer-puncher who spent most of the fight avoiding the Foreman Right and using the sweet science of boxing and defense. Also Foreman knocked the lights out of Moorer. Old Foreman could take it and dish it out 10 fold back. No one had heavier punches than Foreman. Tyson was explosive, but not heavy in punches. George would weather the storm as he always has in the early rounds, and in the later rounds he would dish it right back to the offensive minded Tyson, and yes Tyson's defense was integrated into his offense not the other way around... Tyson was always offensive minded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

mate how can you say Tyson doesnt punch hard? he is in the top 3 heavys of all time for his one punch take out, you try to name 3 heavyweights that punched harder than tyson..

ICB Guest

mate how can you say Tyson doesnt punch hard? he is in the top 3 heavys of all time for his one punch take out, you try to name 3 heavyweights that punched harder than tyson..
    earnie shavers george foreman and maybe marciano not sure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't say Tyson wasn't powerful, just that he and Foreman's power were different.

Let me explain:

Now here's where people don't know much about boxing. Power is different for just about every boxer.

Foreman was overall the most powerful boxer ever to enter the ring. Tyson was the most explosive fighter to enter the ring. Explosiveness relies on speed, while Foreman's power relied on his god given power. The fact that Tyson could no longer KO opponents early in his late career was because he lost the speed of his youth, therefore losing his explosive power, WHILE Foreman couldn't KO them early either, but he could still end it before the 12th with quality opposition even when he was Forty-Five years old.

Sad click me or whatever, but if you listen to me, you'll learn. I didn't learn this myself either.

ICB Guest

I didn't say Tyson wasn't powerful, just that he and Foreman's power were different. 

Let me explain:

Now here's where people don't know much about boxing.  Power is different for just about every boxer.

Foreman was overall the most powerful boxer ever to enter the ring.  Tyson was the most explosive fighter to enter the ring.  Explosiveness relies on speed, while Foreman's power relied on his god given power.  The fact that Tyson could no longer KO opponents early in his late career was because he lost the speed of his youth, therefore losing his explosive power, WHILE Foreman couldn't KO them early either, but he could still end it before the 12th with quality opposition even when he was Forty-Five years old.

Sad click me or whatever, but if you listen to me, you'll learn.  I didn't learn this myself either.

yea true well said tyson had good technique and explosive speed which made his punches powerful and like you said foreman didnt have that he relied on his power and i wont give you sad click but ill give you cool click

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICE COLD BOXING

Let me explain:

Now here's where people don't know much about boxing. Power is different for just about every boxer.

Foreman was overall the most powerful boxer ever to enter the ring. Tyson was the most explosive fighter to enter the ring. Explosiveness relies on speed, while Foreman's power relied on his god given power. The fact that Tyson could no longer KO opponents early in his late career was because he lost the speed of his youth, therefore losing his explosive power, WHILE Foreman couldn't KO them early either, but he could still end it before the 12th with quality opposition even when he was Forty-Five years old.

Sad click me or whatever, but if you listen to me, you'll learn. I didn't learn this myself either.

yea true well said tyson had good technique and explosive speed which made his punches powerful and like you said foreman didnt have that he relied on his power and i wont give you sad click but ill give you cool click
    Thanks man. Yeah, it's good that you added technique. Every time I imagine a Tyson Uppercut I think of the most natural and beautifully executed uppercut ever to happen inside the ring. cc back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

did tyson & foreman ever meet in the early 1990's, did tyson come face 2 face 2 him 2 ever give him a reason 2 maybe be worried about fighting him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

REGARDING RUDDOCK
    If i remember correctly when The Ring magazine ran a poll of experts/Writers & Boxers based on who would come out on top between Ruddock/ewis/Bowe/Holyfield (this being after the Ruddock/Tyson fights) most selected Holyfield or Ruddock! So Ruddock was still classed as a force even after Tyson had got hold of him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let me explain:

what makes you such an expert?..."Now here's where people don't know much about boxing...etc",could you be any more condescending??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't learn this myself either THIS IS THE GET OUT CLAUSE!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All depends what type of fight Foreman fights. If he fought like he did against Ali, Tyson would have broken him down and out within 5 rounds. If Foreman was accurate with his punches and didn't forget his defence, then i'd say he had a good chance of ko'ing Tyson. Foreman fought a terrible fight against Ali,that is why he lost. He showed Ali no respect, had no accuracy with his punches and forgot his defence altogether. Look at Foreman's other fights, he fought terrible against Ali. And no it wasn't because Ali made him look bad. George made himself look bad. He had that fight but he shot himself in the foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was old news that Tyson wouldn't fight Foreman with good reason...but there others as well, Morrison, Mercer, Tua all big money fights that Tyson did NOT want...Styles make fights and anyone who knows anything about Cus D'Amato fighters understands that a D'Amato fighter does NOT fight going backwards and Tyson would have never fought anyone who would force him backwards...remember Patterson/Liston? Patterson was another one of Cus' fighters and he learned his lesson...Also, notice how Tyson never fought a Lou Duva trained fighter? (well Holyfield, but that was well after Lou was gone same with Golota)...Lou knew exactly how to beat Tyson and that's why Duva was calling Mike out like crazy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Promoter
    It was old news that Tyson wouldn't fight Foreman with good reason...but there others as well, Morrison, Mercer, Tua all big money fights that Tyson did NOT want...Styles make fights and anyone who knows anything about Cus D'Amato fighters understands that a D'Amato fighter does NOT fight going backwards and Tyson would have never fought anyone who would force him backwards...remember Patterson/Liston? Patterson was another one of Cus' fighters and he learned his lesson...Also, notice how Tyson never fought a Lou Duva trained fighter? (well Holyfield, but that was well after Lou was gone same with Golota)...Lou knew exactly how to beat Tyson and that's why Duva was calling Mike out like crazy...
    Alright man, this is getting ridiculous now.

Ducking a Duva fighter? heheh Then Tyson fights Duva's best, which was Holyfield. Tyson didn't duck Holy, or Duva's stock thats for sure.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by The Promoter
    I don't think he wanted any of Tua, maybe Mercer either, but MORRISON?! Now, Tommy was a gutsy guy with pop, but chinny too. Mike woulda eaten him alive.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information