Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tyson was scared to fight Foreman! - A MUST READ!

Just as I stated in my posts in the other thread, I do not see Tyson beating Foreman during his prime or otherwise. I gave statistics to support my claim. Now comes this article which I think was well written and although hearsay may actually be true. The best proof to prove some truth to the article was that Foreman called out Tyson a number of times (I am old enough to remember being 43 years old). Why did the fight not happen? Foreman was almost drooling to have the chance to fight Tyson and prove he was the bigger man.

I do not agree about Big George lack of defense. If he got hit as many times people claim, he would have had the same speech condition as most boxer's his age. Yet you see and hear him today. He talks and speaks his mind as if he only fought once in his career rather than 80+. He probably had the best defense of all (what ever it is..a slight movement of the head..being faster than a lot of people giving credit for to avoid the heavy punches). I mean look at the man today compared to Tyson. He was and still is a better physical and mental specimen than Tyson ever was.

I compare Tyson to Frazier. I again do not agree that Frazier was slower than Tyson. He gave Ali a beating for christ's sake. Ali's defense was second to none. I totally agree with Cus D'amatos purported statement that Tyson would have difficulty fighting Big George.

I see the fight lasting all of three rounds with a big uppercut and right hook from Foreman to end the bout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Promoter
    It was old news that Tyson wouldn't fight Foreman with good reason...but there others as well, Morrison, Mercer, Tua all big money fights that Tyson did NOT want...Styles make fights and anyone who knows anything about Cus D'Amato fighters understands that a D'Amato fighter does NOT fight going backwards and Tyson would have never fought anyone who would force him backwards...remember Patterson/Liston? Patterson was another one of Cus' fighters and he learned his lesson...Also, notice how Tyson never fought a Lou Duva trained fighter? (well Holyfield, but that was well after Lou was gone same with Golota)...Lou knew exactly how to beat Tyson and that's why Duva was calling Mike out like crazy...
    I don't think he wanted any of Tua, maybe Mercer either, but MORRISON?! Now, Tommy was a gutsy guy with pop, but chinny too. Mike woulda eaten him alive.
    Not saying Morrison beats Tyson, but the style was dangerous and the Tyson camp knew it...Put it this way, why would Mike Tyson turn down the first $100 million dollar purse to fight Morrison if it would have been easy?...Remeber the Morrison camp was calling for a fight and Mike "dismissed" them, why? to face Buster Douglas?!?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

tyson morrison fight that would of been awesome that would defo of been the biggest fight of all time!
    when would of this been if could of been made what year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hadn't even bothered to read this thread the title seemed so ridiculous.

Reality check says he was there and the guy said that tyson said that.

Maybe Reality check needs a reality check??

I wasn't there. And don't mean to diss a guy who was and shares his experiance on the forum. BUT, I don't think a prime tyson was afraid of anything,much less an old slow george foreman.

But hey,I could be wrong. After all Tyson always was a nut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i could understand tyson being scared of a beat like foreman he prob knew he could not knock him out that would be a prob 4 tyson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago
    tyson morrison fight that would of been awesome that would defo of been the biggest fight of all time!
    It would have been tough since Tyson was away for what would have been Morrison's "prime"...but in 1990/1991(Feb) Morrison had back to back win against Tillis and Pinklon Thomas and Tommy's name was everywhere...If it would have been an easy fight Tyson could have collected a monster paycheck before going away, instead Mike made the VERY ordinary Razor Rudduck look like a contender...twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was old news that Tyson wouldn't fight Foreman with good reason...but there others as well, Morrison, Mercer, Tua all big money fights that Tyson did NOT want...Styles make fights and anyone who knows anything about Cus D'Amato fighters understands that a D'Amato fighter does NOT fight going backwards and Tyson would have never fought anyone who would force him backwards...remember Patterson/Liston? Patterson was another one of Cus' fighters and he learned his lesson...Also, notice how Tyson never fought a Lou Duva trained fighter? (well Holyfield, but that was well after Lou was gone same with Golota)...Lou knew exactly how to beat Tyson and that's why Duva was calling Mike out like crazy...
    I don't think he wanted any of Tua, maybe Mercer either, but MORRISON?! Now, Tommy was a gutsy guy with pop, but chinny too. Mike woulda eaten him alive.
    Not saying Morrison beats Tyson, but the style was dangerous and the Tyson camp knew it...Put it this way, why would Mike Tyson turn down the first $100 million dollar purse to fight Morrison if it would have been easy?...Remeber the Morrison camp was calling for a fight and Mike "dismissed" them, why? to face Buster Douglas?!?!?
    Tyson and Morrison were set to fight dude.

But Morrison got HIV. NOT JOKING!

You guys are going to crazy with this "TYSON DUCKED!" stuff.

Tyson also ducked the guy who worked at the gas station too. heh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Drago
    It would have been tough since Tyson was away for what would have been Morrison's "prime"...but in 1990/1991(Feb) Morrison had back to back win against Tillis and Pinklon Thomas and Tommy's name was everywhere...If it would have been an easy fight Tyson could have collected a monster paycheck before going away, instead Mike made the VERY ordinary Razor Rudduck look like a contender...twice.
    CHEERS FELLA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrokai

YEAH BUT BET ROY JONES WOULD OF FOUGHT THE GUY FROM THE GAS STATION OR THE POSTMAN OR LOCAL ROADSWEEPER HA HA

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

George would have got to him in 3 or 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Tyson and Morrison were set to fight dude.", lol...where did you get this information The Rocky website? Tyson was too busy fighting McNeeley,Mathis Bruno and Seldon, to grab his "titles"...If I recall correctly when Morrison's name came up Mike dismissed him as "fragile" and chose to sign a fight with Bruno...Correct me if I'm wrong but nothing to my knowledge was ever signed between the Tyson and Morrison camps...IMO, after prison the Tyson people were not going to fight anyone they thought was going to fight back if they could help it...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Tyson and Morrison were set to fight dude.", lol...where did you get this information The Rocky website? Tyson was too busy fighting McNeeley,Mathis Bruno and Seldon, to grab his "titles"...If I recall correctly when Morrison's name came up Mike dismissed him as "fragile" and chose to sign a fight with Bruno...Correct me if I'm wrong but nothing to my knowledge was ever signed between the Tyson and Morrison camps...IMO, after prison the Tyson people were not going to fight anyone they thought was going to fight back if they could help it...
    They were set to fight. It said so after the replay of Morrison vs Foreman on "Legends of the Ring", hosted by Michal Buffer on the Vs. Network. But the whole AIDS thing got in the way.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They were set to fight. It said so after the replay of Morrison vs Foreman on "Legends of the Ring", hosted by Michal Buffer on the Vs. Network. But the whole AIDS thing got in the way.
    Sorry to become a dose of reality but just one peek at boxrec will show you otherwise...Tyson was in jail when Morrison beat Foreman(1993) and when Mike did get out he was busy with guys like McNeeley, Mathis, Norris,Seldon and of course Evander...The name of Morrison might have been used for the dramatic effect of your tv show but nothing was ever signed, people were "talking" Tyson/Morrison back in 1991!

Not to get off subject, the Tyson camp knew which fighters to avoid because styles do make fghts and "come forward" pressure fighters that were larger than mike were specifically avoided...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry to become a dose of reality but just one peek at boxrec will show you otherwise...Tyson was in jail when Morrison beat Foreman(1993) and when Mike did get out he was busy with guys like McNeeley, Mathis, Norris,Seldon and of course Evander...The name of Morrison might have been used for the dramatic effect of your tv show but nothing was ever signed, people were "talking" Tyson/Morrison back in 1991!

Not to get off subject, the Tyson camp knew which fighters to avoid because styles do make fghts and "come forward" pressure fighters that were larger than mike were specifically avoided...
    Whatever. I know what it said on the show, I've seen the episode twice. If you had ever seen the show you would know its a pretty good source. So stuff the condescending attitutde buddy.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whatever. I know what it said on the show, I've seen the episode twice. If you had ever seen the show you would know its a pretty good source. So stuff the condescending attitutde buddy.
    I don't mean to be condescending ... but there was never any fight "set" it was just talk with nothing ever signed...

Thread Information